"Lawyers for Ron Paul" take over campaign [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : "Lawyers for Ron Paul" take over campaign

Cavalry Doc
06-18-2012, 19:21
The hostile take over of the Ron Paul campaign has happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vPAWE_Q2x0I#!

It's hilarious. Just listen from the beginning until two minutes in.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Syclone538
06-18-2012, 22:17
Very odd. Never heard of the Lawyers for Ron Paul.

G29Reload
06-19-2012, 00:24
As I said in the other thread:

The whole premise is proof that all the nonsense about the secret handshake underground accumulation of delegates and the super secret real plan to take over the convention was nothing but a fantasy and a wish sandwich on the part of the Paulbots.

Everything that was ever said about it was ridiculous. All the detritus of the Paul campaign that "no, that's not how it really works and you're all fools for believing the AP wire service's count of the delegates, even though that was acknowledged by reality and the RNC and the media and the publicly held light-of-day elections, was a farce on the level of mental illness.

And everything we put out counter to the Bots was true. The elections are held, and the delegates are either apportioned by the votes, or winner take all depending on the state, and nothing else.

The proof is in the pudding. Because we were right, and they were wrong, their fantasy eventually met reality. With nothing left for them since they had no idea at all what they were talking about, they filed a frivolous lawsuit because that's the only thing they had left. They didn't get their pony from daddy, so they went screaming to mommy.

Nice try.

So, all the alt-news sources that were supposedly telling the "real" truth, all the you-tube vids, all the crack pot online columns, were really nothing more than we said they were. Tin foil hat, wish sandwiches, devoid of reality.

Even their "leader", after he sold out, told them to chill out. Man, he must hate the Constitution or something.

And it will not end well for them.

Cavalry Doc
06-19-2012, 05:22
Very odd. Never heard of the Lawyers for Ron Paul.

They just formed themselves a short time ago. It's all over the Paul sites, and the majority is going to follow their lead.

GAFinch
06-19-2012, 08:41
:shakehead:

What Paulites see:

http://thepoliticalcarnival.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/ronpaulrevo.jpg

What everyone else sees:

http://payingattentiontothesky.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/french-revolution.jpg

I hope that the GOP convention has very good security.

Cavalry Doc
06-19-2012, 09:36
Evidently the "Lawyers for Ron Paul" are asking for federal marshals on the floor at the convention. Be careful what you ask for, you might get it.

G29Reload
06-19-2012, 15:11
Evidently the "Lawyers for Ron Paul" are asking for federal marshals on the floor at the convention. Be careful what you ask for, you might get it.

I don't know that they even have standing to ask.

Cavalry Doc
06-19-2012, 15:25
I don't know that they even have standing to ask.

They may not have standing in the court either. Looks like some big cracks in the case. The RNC doesn't bind the candidates, the states do. So in order to contest the binding, they may have to file 57 (Barry's count) separate suits, and there isn't a lot of time left.

G29Reload
06-19-2012, 17:47
They may not have standing in the court either. Looks like some big cracks in the case. The RNC doesn't bind the candidates, the states do. So in order to contest the binding, they may have to file 57 (Barry's count) separate suits, and there isn't a lot of time left.

Yeah plus that's been the established and accepted order of operations for forever, Amen.

And everyone went in knowing that's what the deal was.

Their fantasy isn't our emergency. Things got the way they are for a reason.

Just like all the people that have a stroke over the electoral college…till you look at the whyfores and wherefores…its actually pretty good and makes the most sense.

chickenwing
06-19-2012, 18:17
http://neurobonkers.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Typing-troll.gif

Cavalry Doc
06-19-2012, 18:23
Hey chicken, you know what they call someone that posts with the sole intent to disrupt discussion, don't you?

Have you looked in the mirror lately?

http://www.hotimg.com/direct/8D8EHEm.gif

chickenwing
06-19-2012, 18:26
Hey chicken, you know what they call someone that posts with the sole intent to disrupt discussion, don't you?

Have you looked in the mirror lately?

http://www.hotimg.com/direct/8D8EHEm.gif

Takes one to know one I guess, is that what you are saying?

I just posted a funny picture. Shouldn't get so defensive, relax, I'm just a guy.

Care to tell me who Lawyers for Ron Paul are? Or provide a link...Are they supported by Ron, are they defending his case in court?

Rodman24
06-19-2012, 18:36
I'll post the audio of my local radio address tomorrow. Earlier today I announced that I've taken over the Obama re-election campaign. I've decide to cancel the campaign.

Good luck Ron. It's down to you and Romney.

G29Reload
06-19-2012, 18:38

No, I've decided to take over the Romney Campaign, and I'll mumble that to someone in the hall tomorrow.

I'ts me and him now. I say so.

chickenwing
06-19-2012, 18:39
I'll post the audio of my local radio address tomorrow. Earlier today I announced that I've taken over the Obama re-election campaign. I've decide to cancel the campaign.

:rofl:

Cavalry Doc
06-19-2012, 18:46
Takes one to know one I guess, is that what you are saying?

I just posted a funny picture. Shouldn't get so defensive, relax, I'm just a guy.

Care to tell me who Lawyers for Ron Paul are? Or provide a link...Are they supported by Ron, are they defending his case in court?

Just a picture, like I can't look up the file name? typing-troll.gif? Just a complete coincidence right? You are so infantile it's almost funny.

I know that one of the lead lawyers, Mr. Gilbert was criticized by the Kalifornia Bar for personal attacks after losing a case. He was also arrested for having some pot laying around when police investigated a silent alarm at his home....... hey wait a minute...... Mr. Gilbert? Is that you?

Ron has distanced himself. But his disciples are fully on board, just lurk in some at some of the ron paul sites, it's all the buzz around those places. It confirms the cult like atmosphere that some tend to illustrate, like yourself of course.

Another one, Porter Davis was interviewed by one of the cultists.

http://97.65.137.90/240966/lawyers-for-ron-paul-lawsuit-new-interview

It is all very entertaining, Don't you think so?

So, I'll ask you to adhere to the TOS of the site, and stop making childish personal attacks. Last time I'll ask you by the way. Doesn't mean I won't ask others.

chickenwing
06-19-2012, 18:48
Just a picture, like I can't look up the file name? typing-troll.gif? Just a complete coincidence right? You are so infantile it's almost funny.

I know that one of the lead lawyers, Mr. Gilbert was criticized by the Kalifornia Bar for personal attacks after losing a case. He was also arrested for having some pot laying around when police investigated a silent alarm at his home....... hey wait a minute...... Mr. Gilbert? Is that you?

Ron has distanced himself. But his disciples are fully on board, just lurk in some at some of the ron paul sites, it's all the buzz around those places. It confirms the cult like atmosphere that some tend to illustrate, like yourself of course.

Another one, Porter Davis was interviewed by one of the cultists.

http://97.65.137.90/240966/lawyers-for-ron-paul-lawsuit-new-interview

It is all very entertaining, Don't you think so?

So, I'll ask you to adhere to the TOS of the site, and stop making childish personal attacks. Last time I'll ask you by the way. Doesn't mean I won't ask others.

So your intent of this discussion in regards to the OP is what?

Didn't answer my first question either. Doesn't matter though, it's plain to see, wide open actually. Carry on. :wavey:

Cavalry Doc
06-19-2012, 18:51
So the your intent of this discussion in regards to the OP is what?

Isn't it obvious, it's is a very interesting political development, that I intended to discuss in a political forum.

If this lawsuit prevails, would that not have a very significant effect on the convention?

Better question, is why are you trying to suppress discussion about it. Who sent you?

chickenwing
06-19-2012, 18:56
Isn't it obvious, it's is a very interesting political development, that I intended to discuss in a political forum.

If this lawsuit prevails, would that not have a very significant effect on the convention?

Better question, is why are you trying to suppress discussion about it. Who sent you?

Discuss, I'm not stopping you.

Not sure, ask g19g20, he might know. You've beaten this topic to death with him.

:rofl: I'm suppressing you. OK, carry on, apologies.

Cavalry Doc
06-19-2012, 19:08
Discuss, I'm not stopping you.

Not sure, ask g19g20, he might know. You've beaten this topic to death with him.

:rofl: I'm suppressing you. OK, carry on, apologies.

No, you are just making off topic personal attacks.

G19G20? haven't seen him around. :dunno: If he posts in the thread, I might ask his opinion.

Not suppressing as much as interrupting. Rude behavior isn't necessarily your fault. It could be a parenting failure.

chickenwing
06-19-2012, 19:17
No, you are just making off topic personal attacks.

G19G20? haven't seen him around. :dunno: If he posts in the thread, I might ask his opinion.

Not suppressing as much as interrupting. Rude behavior isn't necessarily your fault. It could be a parenting failure.

Your OP is an attack, that's the only reason you posted the OP. Not to have a relevant discussion. :wavey:

I wont interrupt you any more, scouts honor. And yes it's all my parents fault.

Cavalry Doc
06-19-2012, 19:18
Oh well, back on topic.

Looks like they got the RNC's attention.

RNC calls 'frivolous' lawsuit by Ron Paul supporters (http://www.ketknbc.com/news/rnc-calls-frivolous-lawsuit-by-ron-paul-supporters)

Now, the real interesting thing, is just where do they think this is going. Even if they win, unlikely that it will reach court before the convention, but even if they unbind the delegates, they don't likely have enough to take the nomination from Mittens. So if they make a go at it an fall short, how much will that cost them? Better yet, if they are able to pull off an upset, and nominate Ron, I see pandemonium.

The voters in the primaries would be very upset. The RNC will probably withhold funds. Mitt may run third party. There are many possibilities.

Hey Chicken,
What do you think, lets say they win this lawsuit, what do you think happens next. Play it out for us until the inauguration.

Cavalry Doc
06-19-2012, 19:21
Your OP is an attack, that's the only reason you posted the OP. Not to have a relevant discussion. :wavey:

I wont interrupt you any more, scouts honor. And yes it's all my parents fault.

I do think it's funny. Hillarious in fact. Because I've thought about how all this will come crashing down if they are successful. It's typical of the idealistic approach of the Paul campaign so far. A pragmatic approach would be much different. Nothing wrong with idealism, it just needs focus.

Want to participate in some very serious discussion?
What do you think, lets say they win this lawsuit, what do you think happens next? Play it out for us until the inauguration.

chickenwing
06-19-2012, 19:24
Oh well, back on topic.

Looks like they got the RNC's attention.

RNC calls 'frivolous' lawsuit by Ron Paul supporters (http://www.ketknbc.com/news/rnc-calls-frivolous-lawsuit-by-ron-paul-supporters)

Now, the real interesting thing, is just where do they think this is going. Even if they win, unlikely that it will reach court before the convention, but even if they unbind the delegates, they don't likely have enough to take the nomination from Mittens. So if they make a go at it an fall short, how much will that cost them? Better yet, if they are able to pull off an upset, and nominate Ron, I see pandemonium.

The voters in the primaries would be very upset. The RNC will probably withhold funds. Mitt may run third party. There are many possibilities.

Hey Chicken,
What do you think, lets say they win this lawsuit, what do you think happens next. Play it out for us until the inauguration.

Don't think they'll win any lawsuit. I imagine though if the information relating to the charges against the RNC is true, it will be a interesting development. Never thought the delegate strategy was going to pan out in the first place.

You'll keep GTPI up to date on all things Paul though, that I'm sure off. :wavey: Will be looking forward to your updates.

Cavalry Doc
06-19-2012, 19:59
Don't think they'll win any lawsuit. I imagine though if the information relating to the charges against the RNC is true, it will be a interesting development. Never thought the delegate strategy was going to pan out in the first place.

You'll keep GTPI up to date on all things Paul though, that I'm sure off. :wavey: Will be looking forward to your updates.

It will be fun to watch. I was getting bored thinking we were just going to watch Romney's coronation.

Gunnut 45/454
06-19-2012, 22:51
I guess the crickets are still chirpping awaiting RP to actually get out a condem these "Lawyers"! The Liberterian Party is digging there own grave. I say let them.:rofl:

G29Reload
06-19-2012, 23:53
Now, the real interesting thing, is just where do they think this is going.

I liken it to spiteful vandalism.

Cavalry Doc
06-20-2012, 04:39
I guess the crickets are still chirpping awaiting RP to actually get out a condem these "Lawyers"! The Liberterian Party is digging there own grave. I say let them.:rofl:

So far he's come out and said that he is not providing funds, control or other material support, but they have a right to complain and file suits if they want.

Cavalry Doc
06-20-2012, 04:41

From t I've seen on the Paul sites, there is a large amount of that going around. There is also an equal amount of desperation.

Guess we'll see.

eracer
06-20-2012, 04:44
Why do the RP haters keep bringing up Ron Paul?

Those of us who support him have accepted that the republican party has once again sold out to a RINO, and some of us will even vote for the liberal whose initials are MR, so that we can help to defeat Obama.

Let it go, boys.

Cavalry Doc
06-20-2012, 05:19

Those of us who support him have accepted that the republican party has once again sold out to a RINO, and some of us will even vote for the liberal whose initials are MR, so that we can help to defeat Obama.

Let it go, boys.

When the campaign was spinning up, it was all ron paul all the time around here.

There are interesting developments that are happening. We've even had our own resident Trojan Horse delegate claim that Ron will be the nominee.

We are going to be paying attention, and I'm going to try harder to be nice about it.

eracer
06-20-2012, 05:35
When the campaign was spinning up, it was all ron paul all the time around here.

There are interesting developments that are happening. We've even had our own resident Trojan Horse delegate claim that Ron will be the nominee.

We are going to be paying attention, and I'm going to try harder to be nice about it.Fair enough, I guess...

Goaltender66
06-20-2012, 05:51

Yes, there's that. The lawsuit is frivolous. Taking the legal theory of the suit to its logical conclusion, there can be no closed primaries, something that's obviously goofy. The convention floor vote is not a federal election, and the judiciary isn't going to get involved in inner party workings.

But there's something larger at play here. When Paul was trying to find his way out of the political wilderness from 1985-1997, he created those infamous newsletters as part of his brand-building effort. In order to get subscription numbers, he tailored the newsletter content to appeal to a, shall we say, seriously disaffected segment of the population. This segment tended to be of the belief that the entire political system of the US is beyond repair and needs to be burned down without prejudice.

Now bear with me (and I know this is getting long) but consider Paul's core. It's mostly based on the Internet. The funny thing about the Internet...it leads to something called Group Polarization (http://wikiofscience.wikidot.com/science:group-polarization). Basically, the more you talk about ideas and opinions, especially with like-minded people, the more extreme you get.

For instance, say you take your car to the mechanic and he uses 5W instead of 10W oil. You figure it's no big deal but when you post about it on an Internet forum, you'll get a bunch of responses so that by the end of the thread people are calling for you to burn down the mechanic's shop and pee on the ashes. Heck, you can go to GNG right now and see a thread about some employer who asked the OP's sister or whatever about her religion, and you see posters talking about opening up EEOC actions.

Well, since the Ronulan world is largely online and focused in a few online forums, you end up with an echo chamber where goofy things are self-reinforced into the point of insanity. Certain technologies like user-submitted "news" sites (for instance, reading the Ron Paul Subreddit (http://www.reddit.com/r/ronpaul) presents things as if Paul has won the nomination) and social network filters (For example, Facebook (http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/willheaven/100093155/the-filter-bubble-is-a-sinister-phenomenon-but-eli-parisers-alternative-sounds-even-worse/) defaults your feed filter not chronologically, but based on how much you agree with your facebook friends...) enhance and reinforce this echo chamber effect.

Now back to Paul. I don't really doubt that his delegate strategery was less about getting him the nomination and more about gaining party/platform influence out of proportion with his actual electoral support. He enlisted his core of ultra-rabid supporters in his bid to regain and retain power, but because they've been, how shall I say, confined in an echo chamber, they've become even more extreme. The goal of that core hasn't been about Ron Paul, but about destroying the system. Paul was a means to that end, but not the end itself. Heck, are there not threads in this very forum which preach the election of Obama to "send a message" to the GOP? Are there not Ronulan posters here who gleefully plot a chaotic GOP convention?

In simpler terms, Paul had a junkyard dog helping him out, but now the dog has slipped his leash and is becoming out of control. Witness Paul's attempts at getting the dog back on the leash.

So spiteful vandalism is a good description, but I wouldn't necessarily use the term "spite." The vandalism and destruction for the Core Ronulans is a feature, not a bug. For these guys, it stopped being about Paul some time ago.

Cavalry Doc
06-20-2012, 06:28
It will be very entertaining to watch. The more rabid Paul guys do not see the political minefield they are waltzing into. Most have not played out the potential downsides to their planned actions after the convention. The more successful they are about instilling chaos in the system, the less influence they will have. If they follow pauls instructions to behave, they might actually get some credibility, I just don't think some of them have it in them to behave. It will be fun to watch, especially if some of them are reading their Internet posts aloud in court in a few months. This plan of theirs will meet reality eventually.

G19G20
06-20-2012, 15:30

We are going to be paying attention, and I'm going to try harder to be nice about it.

Surely you're not talking about me here. The farthest Ive gone in estimation of nomination success is "30/70" a couple months ago and a more solid idea after all the state conventions are completed. They are not all completed yet afaik and this lawsuit was unforeseen at that time so who knows.

I noticed the earlier posts wondering what I thought about certain things and I'll answer if anyone wants to ask me directly (respectfully...trolling will be ignored).

Cav, depends on what you mean by "behave". Paul has said to be respectful but forceful. That doesn't mean to fall in line.

G29Reload
06-20-2012, 15:41

We're not the ones who filed suit. Its an actual news item and quite germane.

And who says we're haters? Detractors, maybe. Now, its not so much even him, but his little band of crackpot followers.

If you were with them, go have a word with em and tell em to calm TF down.

G29Reload
06-20-2012, 15:42
Surely you're not talking about me here.

Who are you?

:rofl:

G29Reload
06-20-2012, 15:50
In simpler terms, Paul had a junkyard dog helping him out, but now the dog has slipped his leash and is becoming out of control.

Sounds like a case of be careful what you wish for, you might just get it!

Witness Paul's attempts at getting the dog back on the leash.

Which in and of itself shows that he's incapable of leading, can't even control his own team. Utter lack of leadership. Any idiot can start a brushfire. Burning only what needs to be burned, then putting it out is another thing altogether and a level of mastery and inspiration he doesn't have.

So spiteful vandalism is a good description, but I wouldn't necessarily use the term "spite." The vandalism and destruction for the Core Ronulans is a feature, not a bug. For these guys, it stopped being about Paul some time ago.

I'll settle for calling it plain old vandalism, that's quite sufficient.

Cavalry Doc
06-20-2012, 15:53
Surely you're not talking about me here. ...

Nope, you didn't even cross my mind. You weren't even here when the campaign spun up...... or were you?

G19G20
06-20-2012, 15:59
Sounds like a case of be careful what you wish for, you might just get it!

Another example of how you folks don't understand the Liberty movement at all.

Which in and of itself shows that he's incapable of leading, can't even control his own team. Utter lack of leadership. Any idiot can start a brushfire. Burning only what needs to be burned, then putting it out is another thing altogether and a level of mastery and inspiration he doesn't have.

"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams

Mission accomplished.

Your need for an authoritarian "leader" to tell you what to do ("control") shines through in most of your posts. Paul has said repeatedly that he wants to be President for what he doesn't want to do. Doesn't want to run your life, run the economy, run the world. You just don't get that. Paul is the spokesman, not the CEO. I do think he wasn't prepared for the floodgates he opened up though. It's not his job to close the floodgates and dump all the water back in, because that would defeat the whole purpose of the movement.

I'll settle for calling it plain old vandalism, that's quite sufficient.

Call it whatever you like. You would call the Constitutional Convention a terrorist meeting.

Nope, you didn't even cross my mind. You weren't even here when the campaign spun up...... or were you?

Oh ok, no then it wasn't me. My handle keeps getting brought up a lot lately so I wondered if it's me you're talking about.

Cavalry Doc
06-20-2012, 16:05
Oh ok, no then it wasn't me. My handle keeps getting brought up a lot lately so I wondered if it's me you're talking about.

There are literally tens of threads on the forum that have little or nothing to do with you. Thems the breaks.