Trijicon Night Sits for Conversion G23... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Trijicon Night Sits for Conversion G23...

silversport
06-18-2012, 21:19
...so you have a G23 that you will probably never shoot .40 S&W out of...you have both the G32 357 SiG barrel and a 9mm conversion barrel...which Trijicon night sights do you choose???

The GL-001 made for 9mm or the GL-004 made for the 357 SiG???

I can't decide which I'll carry or shoot more between those two...right now I like the 357 SiG but 9mm is a bit easier on everything...cheaper to stock...carries 2 more cartridges in the same size package...

Ideas??? Thoughts??? I'd appreciate any feedback you care to share...

RMD
06-19-2012, 05:59
Personally, I would not carry a 40/357 SIG > 9 conversion. I'd definitely shoot the heck out of it at the range, but for HD/SD, I would only shoot 40 or 357 SIG.

Ghost Tracker
06-19-2012, 06:08
IMHO, if I have the option of carrying the .357/.40, I'm going to (i do & I do). So, even if I spend some time running 9mm I'm still going to have sights calibrated to my carry ammo (GL-004). In reality, the choice is a tempest in a teacup. Get 'em on there & KEEP SHOOTING!

silversport
06-19-2012, 07:42
I was thinking that the sight heights wouldn't be that far off...I had no issues shooting the G23 with .40 S&W, 357 SiG or 9mm with the OE plastic sights...

I never did understand the fear of carrying a 9mm conversion barrel when people change sights, trigger pulls, trigger, slide stops, recoil springs, recoil spring guide rods, magazines, weights of cartridges, powder charge of cartridges with little to no fear...but mention barrels and there is their line of demarcation...

I feel as long as you try it out on the range and are satisfied with its reliability and performance, what is the issue???

Thanks for the feedback...that's what I wanted,

Bill

silversport
06-19-2012, 17:34
Went with the GL-004 for 357 SiG...thanks...

Bill

RMD
06-20-2012, 06:16
I was thinking that the sight heights wouldn't be that far off...I had no issues shooting the G23 with .40 S&W, 357 SiG or 9mm with the OE plastic sights...

I never did understand the fear of carrying a 9mm conversion barrel when people change sights, trigger pulls, trigger, slide stops, recoil springs, recoil spring guide rods, magazines, weights of cartridges, powder charge of cartridges with little to no fear...but mention barrels and there is their line of demarcation...

I feel as long as you try it out on the range and are satisfied with its reliability and performance, what is the issue???

Thanks for the feedback...that's what I wanted,

Bill

I don't change anything on my carry pieces except sights. I'm just cautious like that :)