Obama immigration shift a hit with voters, says new poll [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Obama immigration shift a hit with voters, says new poll

snerd
06-19-2012, 10:01
Of course, there's Yahoo and Bloomberg involved, but I would bet it's a pretty accurate reflection of the sleeping masses.
President Barack Obama's high-profile shift on immigration last week announcing plans to grant temporary legal status to as many as 800,000 undocumented people brought to American soil as children has the overwhelming support of likely voters in a new Bloomberg poll released Tuesday (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-06-19/obama-immigration-policy-favored-2-to-1-by-likely-voters.html).

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obama-immigration-shift-hit-voters-says-poll-144334585.html

aircarver
06-19-2012, 10:06
I suspect MSM skulduggery .....

IGotIt
06-19-2012, 10:17
Let's see, the poll was taken at the borders, in L.A., in Florida, Texas, Arizona, in the maternity wards at any local hospital, anywhere crops are being tended to, where ever pickup trucks with high price wheels and stereo systems are sold, and I'm sure a few more select places.

greentriple
06-19-2012, 10:26
Let's see, the poll was taken at the borders, in L.A., in Florida, Texas, Arizona, in the maternity wards at any local hospital, anywhere crops are being tended to, where ever pickup trucks with high price wheels and stereo systems are sold, and I'm sure a few more select places.

Don't hate the information..., just accept your inevitable fall.:wavey:

aircarver
06-19-2012, 10:32

Hold the celebration until we see if it's in order .

Gundude
06-19-2012, 10:34
Well, the other alternative is that political analysis suggested it wouldn't be popular, but Obama said "screw my re-election chances, I'm gonna do what I think is right!"

:rofl:

Of course it's a hit with voters. At least with the ones who will decide the election.

jeanderson
06-19-2012, 10:38
The larger effect will be when the unemployed realize this makes it more difficult to get a job, especially when their 99 weeks run out. Then you'll see another shift in the polls!

janice6
06-19-2012, 10:41
This is pandering and the recipients like it. So what else are they doing that is the same thing as always.

06-19-2012, 10:52
The American public has a short memory.

MLM
06-19-2012, 10:59
That's interesting. My local paper ran a poll where 70.8% were against obama's immigration policy change.
Poll results can be seen here: http://www.blueridgenow.com/section/pollarchive

mwelch8404
06-19-2012, 11:04
How come Bloomberg doesn't show the poll questions or demographics?

- RHETORICAL QUESTION HERE ;-)

maxsnafu
06-19-2012, 11:06

I don't. All you have to do is claim you're doing something for THE CHILDREN and 90% of the women & 50% of the men are all for it. Ain't democracy grand?

teumessian_fox
06-19-2012, 11:15
Does it really matter?

Even if the voters resoundingly reject the dem choice, all the ignorant repugnants are going to do is stick in another liberal.

It's more of the same. The only difference is that the dims will destroy America a little faster.

greentriple
06-19-2012, 11:20
That's interesting. My local paper ran a poll where 70.8% were against obama's immigration policy change.

Funny part of that poll was that 100% of the sample were conservative Republicans. the 39.2% in favor of the decision thought it meant allowing country mice to move to the city with their city mice cousins.

More fun are the other dozen polls...

Captain Ron
06-19-2012, 12:48
That's one poll I don't believe:yawn:

ESI Agent
06-19-2012, 13:03
NO OBAMA! It's what's right for America!:supergrin:

Brucev
06-19-2012, 14:19
Easy to figure out. The squatter is a domestic terrorist. He is supported by those who are enemies of the state. His every act from illegal aliens to homosexuals is predicated to damaging the nation to the greatest extent possible. So... of course those who want to destroy America approve the squatter's bending over for illegal aliens... just like they approve his bending over for the homosexuals. It's not hard to figure out. He is a demokrat. Demokrats are simply domestic terrorists pretending to be a political party.

onalandline
06-19-2012, 14:21
Of course, there's Yahoo and Bloomberg involved, but I would bet it's a pretty accurate reflection of the sleeping masses.

Hispanics should be ticked of, as this is clearly a political move pandering to them.

In a world full of pathetic liberal potholes, we need a leader with a truckload of hot, Constitutional asphalt!

maxsnafu
06-19-2012, 14:27

What difference does that make? The Republicrats don't care what the people think.

onalandline
06-19-2012, 14:30
What difference does that make? The Republicrats don't care what the people think.

Apparently, Obama does not either.

Bren
06-19-2012, 14:34

Same here, the source, combined with the issue, makes that very untrustworthy.

Bren
06-19-2012, 14:35
Easy to figure out. The squatter is a domestic terrorist. He is supported by those who are enemies of the state. His every act from illegal aliens to homosexuals is predicated to damaging the nation to the greatest extent possible. So... of course those who want to destroy America approve the squatter's bending over for illegal aliens... just like they approve his bending over for the homosexuals. It's not hard to figure out. He is a demokrat. Demokrats are simply domestic terrorists pretending to be a political party.

As much as I'd agree, it is obvious that this post, coming from you, is just sarcasm.

Kingarthurhk
06-19-2012, 14:45

What inevitable fall? The death of the Republic because of a blantant violation of Constitution seperation of powers? That is the cruxt of the problem here.

If you despise this country and the Constitution of the United States, there is a world of other places you can go.

Kingarthurhk
06-19-2012, 14:57
Hispanics should be ticked of, as this is clearly a political move pandering to them.

In a world full of pathetic liberal potholes, we need a leader with a truckload of hot, Constitutional asphalt!

Legal immigrants should be enraged, because of the time energy and immigration ambulance chasers they had to funnel inordinate ammounts of money to do things the right way, only to be treated so terribly.

Further it is ridiculous to assume that all immigrants are Hispanic. They're not. My wife comes from second generation immigrants. Her grandparents were bilingual, and the spoken language was not spanish.

This La Raza drum beat is nonsense.

The legal aliens vs. illegal aliens can be depicted by the guy in the frog umbrella. The legal aliens in line, and the illegal alien is the guy with the frog umbrella.

A guy about to get jumped and ensuing a riot for cutting in line at Black Friday 2011 - YouTube

greentriple
06-19-2012, 15:01
The beauty of The United States Constitution is that it not only allows, but demands divergent views.

As for "blatant violation of ... separation of powers", there are remedies. However, what is questionable is not the infringement on a legislative prerogative, as I do not believe there was one, but rather the selective enforcement of the law. However, Executive officers around the country enforce the same laws differently. They can choose who to prosecute and who to let go, it's call discretion and is in fact a form of checks and balance.

Kingarthurhk
06-19-2012, 15:06
The beauty of The United States Constitution is that it not only allows, but demands divergent views.

As for "blatant violation of ... separation of powers", there are remedies. However, what is questionable is not the infringement on a legislative prerogative, as I do not believe there was one, but rather the selective enforcement of the law. However, Executive officers around the country enforce the same laws differently. They can choose who to prosecute and who to let go, it's call discretion and is in fact a form of checks and balance.

There are three branches of government, that is the checks and balances. The Executive is there to enforce law, the the Legislative is there to create law, and the Court is there to interpret law.

What you are referring to is policy, which has absolutely nothing to do with the seperation of powers clause of the United States. Many immigration laws have been passed legitimately by the United States Congress, which is where such things should be done. When the Executive starts legislating you no longer have a Republic, but either a monochary or a dictatorship. This country was founded upon freedom. That is the point.

Immigration laws should come from the legislative branch and not the Executive.

jakebrake
06-19-2012, 15:07
How come Bloomberg doesn't show the poll questions or demographics?

- RHETORICAL QUESTION HERE ;-)

rhetorical answer....because the jig would in fact be up.

greentriple
06-19-2012, 15:14
Very entertaining video. Let me see if I understand your point...
Staged event to show rage of shoppers is a representation of immigration issues? This is just too silly to discuss, but I did giggle at the video, thanks.

I do agree it's not a Latino issue, unfortunately most conservative drum beaters have myopic vision and are fed that by right wing ideologues.

Kingarthurhk
06-19-2012, 16:03
Very entertaining video. Let me see if I understand your point...
Staged event to show rage of shoppers is a representation of immigration issues? This is just too silly to discuss, but I did giggle at the video, thanks.

I do agree it's not a Latino issue, unfortunately most conservative drum beaters have myopic vision and are fed that by right wing ideologues.

You aren't very good at analogies are you? The folks in line represent legal immigrants, the guy in the frog umbrella represents illegal immigration. My point is giving the store away to illegal immigrants is a slap in the face to immigrants who spend the time, hardship, and exhorbant fees to become legal through the proper process.

We definately can agree on one thing. The people who think immigrants are all hispanic do have a rather myopic view.

greentriple
06-19-2012, 20:01
You aren't very good at analogies are you? The folks in line represent legal immigrants, the guy in the frog umbrella represents illegal immigration. My point is giving the store away to illegal immigrants is a slap in the face to immigrants who spend the time, hardship, and exhorbant fees to become legal through the proper process.

We definately can agree on one thing. The people who think immigrants are all hispanic do have a rather myopic view.

First, it's not giving away the store. Re-read the affected undocumented persons: youths, no criminal record, students, served in armed forces, etc....

The immigrants I've spoken with, within my family, who are here legally and busted their butts to gain legal status are thrilled. They and I see it as helping "kid" who are American in their hearts and have no real ties to the country of their parents origin.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Ruble Noon
06-19-2012, 20:10
First, it's not giving away the store. Re-read the affected undocumented persons: youths, no criminal record, students, served in armed forces, etc....

The immigrants I've spoken with, within my family, who are here legally and busted their butts to gain legal status are thrilled. They and I see it as helping "kid" who are American in their hearts and have no real ties to the country of their parents origin.

What of the parents? Should we keep the children here and send the parents back?

GAFinch
06-19-2012, 20:22
What inevitable fall? The death of the Republic because of a blantant violation of Constitution seperation of powers? That is the cruxt of the problem here.

If you despise this country and the Constitution of the United States, there is a world of other places you can go.

That's the key point with public opinion. If a corrupt media outlet doesn't point out the constitutional issue, then many people naturally won't think about that aspect of what our Dear Leader did.

GAFinch
06-19-2012, 20:30

Since he bypassed Congress, will there be any congressional oversight of caseworkers to make sure they're actually following the supposed guidelines? Even if they are followed, what about the people who file for his program but don't actually meet all of the guidelines? They (and their parents) are now registered with the federal government as illegals, whereas before they may have been flying under the radar with local government support. What about the extra high unemployment for legal immigrants, Latino or otherwise, black males, young people in general? What about family members of legal immigrants who are stuck in Mexico because they haven't gotten approved yet to legally immigrate?

Cavalry Doc
06-19-2012, 20:32
What of the parents? Should we keep the children here and send the parents back?

If suitable arrangements can be made for the minor children to be supervised by legal residents, sure, they can stay, if the parents want. But when you decide to deport a parent, they go, period. We don't want to split any families up, so we should go ahead and chip in for bus tickets for the whole family if they want to stay together.

That's fair.

Ruble Noon
06-19-2012, 20:43
If suitable arrangements can be made for the minor children to be supervised by legal residents, sure, they can stay, if the parents want. But when you decide to deport a parent, they go, period. We don't want to split any families up, so we should go ahead and chip in for bus tickets for the whole family if they want to stay together.

That's fair.

I agree, but I don't see it happening that way. I foresee the bleeding hearts giving amnesty to the parents also.

maxsnafu
06-20-2012, 08:23
I agree, but I don't see it happening that way. I foresee the bleeding hearts giving amnesty to the parents also.

How right you are! And of course family unification policy will then allow the parents' brothers & sisters & their spouses & children into the country--there will be no end to it.

Just remember, it's for THE CHILDREN.

ESI Agent
06-20-2012, 13:05
Bringing the third world to the U.S.A. , thats smart.

Kablam
06-20-2012, 13:19
The beauty of The United States Constitution is that it not only allows, but demands divergent views. Huh?

That may be your opinion, but it's just patently wrong constitutionally. The separation of powers is very simple...just read the words as written. Typical pseudo-academic liberal drival.

greentriple
06-20-2012, 16:10
Since he bypassed Congress, will there be any congressional oversight of caseworkers to make sure they're actually following the supposed guidelines? Even if they are followed, what about the people who file for his program but don't actually meet all of the guidelines? They (and their parents) are now registered with the federal government as illegals, whereas before they may have been flying under the radar with local government support. What about the extra high unemployment for legal immigrants, Latino or otherwise, black males, young people in general? What about family members of legal immigrants who are stuck in Mexico because they haven't gotten approved yet to legally immigrate?

I'm not following your questions.

greentriple
06-20-2012, 16:14
That may be your opinion, but it's just patently wrong constitutionally. The separation of powers is very simple...just read the words as written. Typical pseudo-academic liberal drival.

You clearly don't understand Constitutional Scholarship. Nor. The history of the separation of powers. Read the Const., re separation and the. Read the case law regarding its interpretation.