Job Openings Report Shows Market Is...Really, Really Bad [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Job Openings Report Shows Market Is...Really, Really Bad

snerd
06-19-2012, 10:25
The private sector is fine.
"The U.S. economic news remains somber," said economists at Goldman Sachs (http://www.cnbc.com/id/47868321/), which predicts the Fed will announced another round of easing this week.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/47874666

aircarver
06-19-2012, 10:33
Was this 'unexpected' ? .....:faint:

robertoh
06-19-2012, 10:44
And wow,this was all over the MSM today,------yeh right.:whistling:

eracer
06-19-2012, 11:12
A friend has been out of work for 15 months. For 12 months she's tried to get a job commensurate with her skills and experience. The last couple of months she's been trying to get a temp job just to pay the bills.

Last week she was told she wouldn't be hired to fill a temp position for which they interviewed her four times...

JFrame
06-19-2012, 11:47
A friend has been out of work for 15 months. For 12 months she's tried to get a job commensurate with her skills and experience. The last couple of months she's been trying to get a temp job just to pay the bills.

Last week she was told she wouldn't be hired to fill a temp position for which they interviewed her four times...

That there sounds like a "microcosm"...

Sorry to hear about your friend's plight.

I have a friend who has effectively given up looking for employment after a couple of years. Fortunately, he and his wife are able to get by on what she makes.

Breadman03
06-19-2012, 12:56
I sold my business to go to school full time, and have been putting in applications for several months now. I haven't gotten one call back yet. Reason: most are cutting employees because summer tourism is down from last year.

I saw an ad for a retail teller position at a lumberyard. They listed a B.S. in accounting as a requirement!

cowboy1964
06-19-2012, 14:43
The stock market likes it today.

JFrame
06-19-2012, 14:55
The stock market likes it today.

I'm not sure the market likes "it" -- and one-day snapshots are largely meaningless in any case.

eracer
06-19-2012, 14:58
That there sounds like a "microcosm"...

Sorry to hear about your friend's plight.

I have a friend who has effectively given up looking for employment after a couple of years. Fortunately, he and his wife are able to get by on what she makes.

.Thanks for the good words.

Fortunately, she has a lot of good friends who are helping her out with groceries, and her Dad is helping her with her mortgage so she doesn't lose the house.

JFrame
06-19-2012, 15:00
Thanks for the good words.

Fortunately, she has a lot of good friends who are helping her out with groceries, and her Dad is helping her with her mortgage so she she doesn't lose the house.

Glad to hear that! http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/good3.gif

When all's said and done, you just can't beat a good support system...

NMG26
06-19-2012, 15:07
Both companies that I work (worked) for got bought by huge companies at about the same time last year. The job I was really happy with and and doing fine at, laid me off a couple of Fridays ago. The other company gave me a 8.5% raise today.

I'd say it is a heck of a roller coaster.

JFrame
06-19-2012, 15:11
Both companies that I work (worked) for got bought by huge companies at about the same time last year. The job I was really happy with and and doing fine at, laid me off a couple of Fridays ago. The other company gave me a 8.5% raise today.

I'd say it is a heck of a roller coaster.

Day-um...Congratulations and condolences both... :shocked:

cowboy1964
06-19-2012, 17:34
I'm not sure the market likes "it" -- and one-day snapshots are largely meaningless in any case.

Well the market liked something today, probably the idea that more easing would be coming. If they didn't I assure you it would have been down today. But you're right, one day does not a trend make. The Dow is up 5% for the year. So the trend is in the right direction.

callihan_44
06-19-2012, 17:43
my company is slow,same goes for our customers. We started the year off better than the previous two but mid-may it started to slide.