My fiancÚ may ban me from this site thanks to you guys [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : My fiancÚ may ban me from this site thanks to you guys

Creatism
06-19-2012, 18:48
All the recent pics of 1911s on this forum and in the general forum have given me the bug. I think I'm gonna have get another one, it's been to long to not have one.
I'll keep you guys posted on if I'm still getting married!!!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

faawrenchbndr
06-19-2012, 18:56
So,.........who has possession of your "family jewels"?

Creatism
06-19-2012, 19:00
Oh I do for sure. It's still gonna be interesting.

faawrenchbndr
06-19-2012, 19:13
Flowers
Chocolates
Card
Jewelry

All will get ya out of a jam.

denn1911
06-19-2012, 20:29
Flowers
Chocolates
Card
Jewelry

And buy her a nice handgun too! Make it a couple's activity. :cool:

Creatism
06-19-2012, 22:44
And buy her a nice handgun too! Make it a couple's activity. :cool:

That would be nice, she's gun tolerant, not exactly gun friendly, but better then she was when u met her She puts up with my gun habit.

JuneyBooney
06-20-2012, 01:41
Well, there are lots of women in the sea.:whistling:

tecate321
06-20-2012, 01:54
That was the first gift I ever gave my wife....a glock 19c and she liked it.. I am a lucky guy...

1911Tuner
06-20-2012, 03:26
In years past, whenever I came under a new female's influence...and there have been a few...I put a standard disclaimer on the table early on in the process.

"I'm a gun man. I buy, sell, and trade guns. I collect guns. I carry guns. I shoot guns. If that's a problem, now is the time to say so, because it's not negotiable."

Most were okay with it. A few were on board with it. A few didn't much care one way or another, but later got into light shooting. A couple of them flat out lied, apparently with the notion of putting a stop to it at some point down the road. Not caring for hidden agendae and deliberate deceit...I kicked them to the curb shortly after they revealed their true goals. Not because they didn't like my activities...but because they deliberately lied.

Lowjiber
06-20-2012, 05:37
My wife is a former Marine...hard as a pop-bottle and quicker than two cats. I can't imagine her marrying anyone but a "gun guy".

Just1More
06-20-2012, 06:33
Time for a new fiance.....it'll only get worse once you get married. You've been warned.

fnfalman
06-20-2012, 08:43
Tell her that if she doesn't get it straight who's the boss, you'd ditch her for a mail order Russian bride who can field strip an AK in the dark.

PEC-Memphis
06-20-2012, 08:53
Well, there are lots of women in the sea.:whistling:

Freudian slip?

Snaps
06-20-2012, 10:33
if a woman actually says she's gonna ban you from anything you should kick her out immediately and not continue any further relationship or communication

paul45
06-20-2012, 12:40
My fiancÚ may ban me from this site thanks to you guys

What bothers me is what kind of relationship you have with a woman who, while not married to you, thinks she has the power to tell you what you can or cannot do?

You really want to be controlled and threatened by a woman as a single man?

What kind of power and demands would you think she will put upon you AFTER marriage?

Nip it in the bud right now or prepare for a horrible, lose your self respect marriage.:whistling:

maestrogustav
06-20-2012, 15:26
Red Flag Dude! Better work it out now, because once you are married you will be toast.

I speak from sad experience. She actually said at one point "That was before we were married!"

bac1023
06-20-2012, 15:30
Flowers
Chocolates
Card
Jewelry

All will get ya out of a jam.

:rofl:

Creatism
06-20-2012, 17:35
Wow!!
This thread has taken on a life of its own.
To the flowers, chocolates, jewelry, it's more like pumpkin, chocolate, and oakleys!!!
She is the "one", she new what I was like prior to this, nothing's changed, she buys books, I buy ammo. It's how it is. I do love her, I just don't think she quite understood how into guns I am, but she's figuring it out.

Folsom_Prison
06-21-2012, 02:09
So what do you plan on getting? Btw I hope you have a prenup! :)

Creatism
06-21-2012, 04:54
An aluminum framed commander. I get to do research now!!!

tnhawk
06-21-2012, 05:36
Most of my guns have been less trouble than my ex-wives. The guns have also retained their value better.

tobias boon
06-21-2012, 07:28
What does her little sister think about guns? :)

fnfalman
06-21-2012, 09:10
An aluminum framed commander. I get to do research now!!!

It's called a Lightweight Commander. Great for carrying.

Creatism
06-21-2012, 11:37
It's called a Lightweight Commander. Great for carrying.

Yep thinking a Dan Wesson (I hope I got that right) or a Wilson combat.

G26AZ
06-22-2012, 17:58
My wife had never shot a gun before we got married, and even though her dad was a WWII Infantry Vet, he never kept a gun in the house. WHen he needed to butcher a cow, he borrowed the neighbor's .22 rifle. She remembers going with him one time to borrow it and the neighbor asked him if he needed some bullets. "Isn't there one in it?" he asked? "OK, that'll be all I need..."
Anyway, she never said much about it until we were out walking one night, and some shady looking guys were kind of following us on the other side of the street. She asked me quietly if I had my pistol with me. . . . Shortly after that we got her a 4" S&W 64 .38 and she learned to shoot it very well. Although she loved the S&W, it was too big and heavy for her to carry in her purse or on her all the time. It now keeps her company on her side of the bed at night.
So the hunt was on for a small and light gun she could keep with her all the time. Alhough it definitely would NOT have been my first choice (or 2nd or 3rd...), she settled on a Kel-Tec P-32. At 6 oz, its definitley small and light, and can clip into the waistband of shorts or sweats with no problem. I comfort myself with the knowledge that at least she has the means of protecting herself at all times now - even if it is only a .32 auto. But, like they say, a .32 auto is still better than begging for your life . . .
Anyway, she has gone from a total non-gun person to enjoying shooting about anything, has her CCW permit, and is armed almost all of the time. After 28+ yrs, she's definitely a keeper!

JAS104
06-22-2012, 18:07
So,.........who has possession of your "family jewels"?

+1 lol. Grab yourself by the coconuts, go all John Wayne on her. I'll be gettin me that 1911, pilgrim. I mean honey....

-J :cowboy: