SHOT Show 2013 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : SHOT Show 2013

4teecal
06-19-2012, 20:23
I look like getting a foot in the door for the SHOT show (Jan 2013). I have done Vegas before and done the touristy things, but am wondering if there are any other specific L.E. events or things to do around that time. I am looking at maximising my time there and also my chances of getting the trip reimbursed as a work expense.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

cysoto
06-19-2012, 20:32
If you have never been to SHOT Show before, be ready to be overwhelmed by the "fun factor" of the event. This show is so big that odds are that you won't get to see the whole thing in the four days that you will be there. You will certainly enjoy it!

See you in Vegas in January... :wavey:

blueiron
06-19-2012, 20:37
Call Las Vegas Metro and see what classes, if any, are open. That covers the training expense end of it.

You could always visit the Nevada Test Site [where they used to set off nuclear weapons in the 50's through the 70's. No cell phones, no cameras, and the trip has to be scheduled in advance through the DOE office there. I did it once and it was interesting.

Patchman
06-19-2012, 20:46
The SHOT SHOW is so big, schedule at least 2 days to hit the vendors. The show also has LE/survival guest speakers who will do presentations in the A.M. You have to sign up for the classes, which are free.

Contacting LV Metro is a good idea.

BlackPaladin
06-20-2012, 01:29
You are going to really, really, really have fun!

Every year I meet up with a few new CTers. Sharkey for one, does the show every year. Hoping to get TBO and Cochese to finally show up.

4teecal
06-20-2012, 06:02
The trinity site is already in the works as my counterparts I am going with are ballistics/explosive experts

jpa
06-20-2012, 08:29
Last year the 3 gun national finals were scheduled for the Wednesday of that week at the county shooting park. I didn't go but heard it was pretty cool...it was also on one of the cable/sat sports channels.

There's plenty of stuff to do at SHOT and the surrounding events that week. Take an armorer's class, listen to a lecture from the ATF, learn how to "maximize your gun sales", get a pic with Gunny, etc etc.

Sharkey
06-20-2012, 11:34
The show is so big you won't have time to do much else. Bring good walking shoes too. Spend your evenings with the wife and a show.
Maybe a ride along. With Metro?

4teecal
06-21-2012, 01:54
The show is so big you won't have time to do much else. Bring good walking shoes too. Spend your evenings with the wife and a show.
Maybe a ride along. With Metro?

Phhht. Wifey gets the Ski trip this week and then Hawaii in September. This is a trip for the boys.

pal2511
06-21-2012, 06:17
Call Las Vegas Metro and see what classes, if any, are open. That covers the training expense end of it.

You could always visit the Nevada Test Site [where they used to set off nuclear weapons in the 50's through the 70's. No cell phones, no cameras, and the trip has to be scheduled in advance through the DOE office there. I did it once and it was interesting.

That test site sounds like fun

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2