Poll Shows Obama With Big National Lead [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Poll Shows Obama With Big National Lead

snerd
06-20-2012, 09:14
Barack Obama has built a double-digit lead over Mitt Romney despite skepticism about the president’s handling of the economy and the deficit, a new Bloomberg National Poll (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-06-20/obama-leads-in-poll-as-voters-view-romney-as-out-of-touch.html) found. The poll is at odds with other surveys showing a much tighter contest.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2012/06/20/poll-shows-obama-with-big-national-lead

BierGut
06-20-2012, 09:19
"The poll also asked whether people were better off now than at the beginning of 2009. Of those polled, 45% said they are better off, 36% said they’re worse off and 17% saying they were about the same."

Where the heck did they poll these folks???

JBnTX
06-20-2012, 09:32

Does that make your day?

snerd
06-20-2012, 09:37
Does that make your day?
It tells me your boy needs to get to work.

engineer151515
06-20-2012, 09:38
Article mentions likely voters give Obama low marks on the economy and the deficit. Article also says 60 percent of the polled say the nation is headed down the wrong track.

And Obama is going to win.

Dream on.

Brucev
06-20-2012, 09:49
The 1% (or 5% or 13.132% or whoever they are) don't have what it takes to win the election... votes. Like it or not the squatter has the money to outspend Romney. The squatter appeals to his party and their loyal devotees. People are not swallowing the line that he is responsible for the recession, etc. Wise it were otherwise. Will be thrilled if the squatter can be ejected from the white house. But, the odds are long. Conservatives and republicans still have time to focus on what matters... the economy. The other stuff is a waste of time. It's still the economy. Unless you're stupid. Then, it really doesn't matter, does it?

marchboom
06-20-2012, 10:10
Never forget, half of the American citizens have a below average intelligence. That half includes the people who support obama, IMO.

The Machinist
06-20-2012, 10:12
Liberal Republicans cannot unseat an incumbent Democrat. Not even one as incompetent as Zero.

LASTRESORT20
06-20-2012, 10:15
***Liberal Polls...equal Liberal desperation.....
Deceit ..twist and lies are the liberal standard....

Move on....nothing new...

Cambo
06-20-2012, 10:44
Means nothing, Carter had a big lead over Reagan for awhile and then Reagan conquered winning 49 states. Let's hope for an equally devastating victory.

JFrame
06-20-2012, 11:22
There's that ol' Bloomberg poll again...

jeanderson
06-20-2012, 11:33
I don't believe the polls, especially one from Bloomberg. A pollster calls someone at home and asks them how they would vote. That, and what happens at the polls on voting day are two different things.

The Obama zombies are not nearly as motivated as they were 4 years ago. Many will stay home in November.

Vic777
06-20-2012, 11:36
Never forget, half of the American citizens have a below average intelligence.Combine that with the fact that they have been taught in American Public Schools and watch the MSM.

evlbruce
06-20-2012, 11:38
Never forget, half of the American citizens have a below average intelligence. That half includes the people who support obama, IMO.

John Stossel - 99% Economic Illiteracy - YouTube

Bren
06-20-2012, 11:40
Article mentions likely voters give Obama low marks on the economy and the deficit. Article also says 60 percent of the polled say the nation is headed down the wrong track.

And Obama is going to win.

Dream on.

Obama is going to win because he will get the vote of nearly all democrats, most of those to the left of democrats (communists, greens, etc.). Those votes will go unanswered because the far right and even moderately right republicans will refuse to vote for Romeny, thereby helping to elect Obama.

Thanks a lot:
http://rlv.zcache.com/conservatives_for_obama_bumper_sticker-p128772895729280863z74sk_400.jpg

Foxtrotx1
06-20-2012, 12:13
Obama will win because the republicans don't realize that the moderate conservatives don't want a right wing nut in office.

barbedwiresmile
06-20-2012, 13:12
This poll is great news. There may be hope for us yet.

Gundude
06-20-2012, 13:44
Obama is going to win because he will get the vote of nearly all democrats, most of those to the left of democrats (communists, greens, etc.). Those votes will go unanswered because the far right and even moderately right republicans will refuse to vote for Romeny, thereby helping to elect Obama.Hopefully you're right. It's about time conservatives stood up for themselves against those who take their vote for granted and slap them in the face election after election. Can you imagine a new era where conservatives actually had to be listened to by politicians?

janice6
06-20-2012, 13:48
It's politics as usual.

blkpag1
06-20-2012, 14:05
The Obama zombies are not nearly as motivated as they were 4 years ago. Many will stay home in November.

I believe that this will be the deciding factor.

evlbruce
06-20-2012, 14:08
Obama will win because the republicans don't realize that the moderate conservatives don't want a right wing nut in office.

Mittens pretends to be many things but "right wing nut" isn't one of them. How did you get that impression?

DonGlock26
06-20-2012, 14:18

lol!!!!!!!!!!

_

Bren
06-20-2012, 14:22
Hopefully you're right. It's about time conservatives stood up for themselves against those who take their vote for granted and slap them in the face election after election. Can you imagine a new era where conservatives actually had to be listened to by politicians?

No, because, if this continues, that is so many years in the future that it won't matter. Try 16-20 straight years of democrats in the whitehouse and what happens after will be irrelevant to most of us.

I'm surprised that the people who post here can't think through issues as simple as this.

I believe it is safe to say, barrack Obama thanks you for your support of his reelection.

mj9mm
06-20-2012, 14:39
i suppose there is a significant part of the population that only listens to FM radio and liberal media news, so, the real question is, will they get off of their lazy *****'s and vote for the pos:whistling:

Gundude
06-20-2012, 14:43
No, because, if this continues, that is so many years in the future that it won't matter. Try 16-20 straight years of democrats in the whitehouse and what happens after will be irrelevant to most of us.Well, for those of us who aren't doom 'n' gloomers, 16-20 years is better than never.

Your "if you can't beat 'em join 'em" strategy hasn't worked out too well for conservatives for many decades now. If you want to poo-poo other people's ideas, then at least suggest something novel as an alternative. Saying "let's just continue doing what's failed miserably for several decades" isn't helpful at all.

snerd
06-20-2012, 15:40
I thought it was quite evident that the poll was skewed (http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2012/06/what-does-a-bad-poll-prove.php), but I guess it needed to be said.

JFrame
06-20-2012, 15:48
I thought it was quite evident that the poll was skewed (http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2012/06/what-does-a-bad-poll-prove.php), but I guess it needed to be said.

The Left wouldn't be able to exist in this country -- let alone flourish -- if they didn't have fairly free rein, since at least the 1960's, to concoct their own narrative.

The pendulum has begun to slowly swing back with the advent of genuinely open communications through talk radio and the Internet (and Fox News, to some degree, leveraging this shifting momentum).

Gundude
06-20-2012, 15:55
I thought it was quite evident that the poll was skewed (http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2012/06/what-does-a-bad-poll-prove.php), but I guess it needed to be said.Kind of an odd statement from that article:If you telephone people on the weekend, you will over-sample Democrats, because Republicans go out more, on the average.How did they come up with that factoid? Did they conduct a poll?

snerd
06-20-2012, 16:17
Kind of an odd statement from that article:How did they come up with that factoid? Did they conduct a poll?
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-CVd1vIKy6R8/Tr3Ayo9XrBI/AAAAAAAACrU/CeNXpkaLnho/s1600/grab-bag.jpg

JFrame
06-20-2012, 16:22
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-CVd1vIKy6R8/Tr3Ayo9XrBI/AAAAAAAACrU/CeNXpkaLnho/s1600/grab-bag.jpg

Also looks like a summary of Bloomberg polls... http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/grin.gif

azatrox
06-20-2012, 17:11
Bloomberg's pole....eh, poll, has been busy lately.

Fed Five Oh
06-20-2012, 17:24
This poll is great news. There may be hope for us yet.Ah yes. The save America by burning it down philosophy.

I hope your guy gets defeated.

Cavalry Doc
06-20-2012, 17:32
If you will think back to the last couple of elections, there were issues that were in our minds then, that in the long range way of thinking, didn't mean much.

I can tell you why John Kerry lost.

http://www.google.com/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://buffawhat.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/help-us-jon-carry-small.jpg&sa=X&ei=Xl3iT4fmHOKe2AWf0qHgCw&ved=0CAkQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGqdjCYYwGWdftZDbxgO3YzAcdhOA

October is coming, then we will know what most Americans are paying attention to.

November is a LLLLoooooonnnnnnnggggg way away.

barbedwiresmile
06-20-2012, 18:04
Ah yes. The save America by burning it down philosophy.

I hope your guy gets defeated.

I have previously articulated why it would be better for America if Obama is reelected, and it does not invove "punishing America" (as has been thrown around here lately) or burning it down.

G19G20
06-20-2012, 19:22
Means nothing, Carter had a big lead over Reagan for awhile and then Reagan conquered winning 49 states. Let's hope for an equally devastating victory.

Did you just compare Mitt Romney to Ronald Reagan?

Fed Five Oh
06-20-2012, 21:36
Did you just compare Mitt Romney to Ronald Reagan?Is English a second language for you?

G29Reload
06-20-2012, 22:32
I have previously articulated why it would be better for America if Obama is reelected, and it does not invove "punishing America" (as has been thrown around here lately) or burning it down.

Except that's exactly what will happen.

If this week's dump truck load of lawlessness hasn't opened your eyes, there's no point in even discussing it with you.

And equally instructive for all the yahoos who think there's no difference between the two candidates, for all things Romney's been accused of, thug hasn't been one of them.

You could say you don't like the way he rolls, or some of the things he's done in the past, but no one's ever accused him of being a criminal. Our current "president" is now regularly and frequently operating outside the law, and even shoving it in our face with great aplomb.

As far as the OP about zero being ahead, he's not. All the polls I've seen have Romeny ahead by 2-7 points in all the key swing states. Indiana, OH and NC are clearly back in the R column. VA is now teetering back to R, and it looks like we have FL. If the election were held today, boy zero wonder would be GONE.

Gundude
06-20-2012, 22:49
Except that's exactly what will happen.

If this week's dump truck load of lawlessness hasn't opened your eyes, there's no point in even discussing it with you.Every president in recent history has invoked Executive Privilege, and every president has issued Executive Orders which pissed off a lot of people.

Yet America hasn't burnt down.

It won't burn down after Obama's re-elected.

You guys are now fixated on the "punishing America" theme no matter how many times people clearly state their real motivations. You are resorting to fabricating positions in order to attack them.

06-20-2012, 22:59
Obama's immigration ploy gains him nada
http://news.investors.com/article/615443/201206200822/new-polls-show-obamas-immigration-executive-order-hasnt-helped-him.htm

Election 2012 Trial Heat: Obama vs. Romney

http://www.gallup.com/poll/150743/Obama-Romney.aspx

Mittens 47%, Obama 45%

Sorry, Paul/Obama supporters.

The polls are a snapshot in time. A lot can happen between now and the the only poll that counts, election day.

Chris Brines
06-20-2012, 23:12
Not saying this poll is unreliably biased because I don't know the demographics of their sample, but I will say that I don't trust anything that has the word "Bloomberg" on it.

janice6
06-20-2012, 23:41
Funny debate.

The Conservatives say the Republicans aren't conservative enough to win their votes and the liberals say Obama isn't liberal enough to win their votes.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/not-liberal-enough-progressives-threaten-not-to-vote-in-november-over-frustration-with-obama/

G29Reload
06-21-2012, 00:00
Every president in recent history has invoked Executive Privilege, .

What has that got to do with anything?

Only a couple of presidents have invoked it outside the law in order to shield criminal wrongdoing, and the last one resigned.

As usual, the only one changing the subject is you. I'm responding to the idea that Romney and zero are the same, when they are not.

The only thing being burned is the COTUS and that has to stop by firing Obama.

Gundude
06-21-2012, 09:09
What has that got to do with anything?You said the burning down of America "is exactly what will happen" if Obama is re-elected, and you pointed to his actions this week, his Executive Order and Executive Privilege, to back up that assertion.

I pointed out that this behavior is common to every administration, and America hasn't burnt down as a result, so a reasonable person would assume it won't burn down this time either.

So it is entirely reasonable to desire an Obama victory without wanting to punish America or have it burn down.

That's what it has to do with anything.

Chris Brines
06-21-2012, 09:15
Yeah Romney isn't my idea of an upstanding conservative, but he and Obama, although they voted the same on many issues, are not the same. Romney sucks a fraction less but I think we'd have a much easier time keeping him "in check" than Obama who's gone awry with the Executive Orders. Still shocked about NDAA. Anyone know the status of this "law"?

aircarver
06-21-2012, 09:25
Every time the media wants a good poll result, they conduct the poll in a union hall ......:upeyes:

aircarver
06-21-2012, 11:49
http://www.gallup.com/poll/113980/Gallup-Daily-Obama-Job-Approval.aspx

I'm not seeing it.

FFR Spyder GT
06-21-2012, 11:49
Never trust polls.

I got a call on my cell phone from a pollster and they asked who I would vote for in November between Mitt and Barry.

I told them "Mitt is a world class POS and I wouldn't vote for Mitt even if the only other candidate was the Anti-Christ and that Mitt could lick the sweat off my hairy nu" then the pollster said "I'll put you down as unsatisfied with Obama and a maybe for Romney!" then she hung up the phone.

Typical pollster.

JFrame
06-21-2012, 12:09
Never trust polls.

I got a call on my cell phone from a pollster and they asked who I would vote for in November between Mitt and Barry.

I told them "Mitt is a world class POS and I wouldn't vote for Mitt even if the only other candidate was the Anti-Christ and that Mitt could lick the sweat off my hairy nu" then the pollster said "I'll put you down as unsatisfied with Obama and a maybe for Romney!" then she hung up the phone.

Typical pollster.

I don't believe that incident ever happened -- but whatever...

FFR Spyder GT
06-21-2012, 15:58
I don't believe that incident ever happened -- but whatever...

I know people that do NOT believe Man landed on the Moon, the Holocaust actually happened, Jesus walked the face of the Earth,etc.

Keep the Faith Jframe!

JFrame
06-21-2012, 16:15
I know people that do NOT believe Man landed on the Moon, the Holocaust actually happened, Jesus walked the face of the Earth,etc.

Keep the Faith Jframe!

Your equivalence of your little lie with Jesus, the moon landing, and the Holocaust says something about you...Not terribly flattering either.

QNman
06-21-2012, 21:55
"The poll also asked whether people were better off now than at the beginning of 2009. Of those polled, 45% said they are better off, 36% said they’re worse off and 17% saying they were about the same."

Where the heck did they poll these folks???

SEIU headquarters?

Wisconsin?

GM plant?

:dunno:

QNman
06-21-2012, 21:58
Never trust polls.

Typical pollster.

Bullspit.

Though, as with many things, there is a grain of fact in there... we have no frigging idea how the pollster registers our responses that vary from one word answers.

janice6
06-21-2012, 22:23
How you ask the question determines that you will get the answer you want, not always the correct/honest one, just the one you want.

(Do you still beat your wife?)

walt cowan
06-22-2012, 05:39
funny how mittens folks are already blaming paul folks for barrys second term. isn't mittens god's gift to america?

FFR Spyder GT
06-22-2012, 09:22
Bullspit.

Though, as with many things, there is a grain of fact in there... we have no frigging idea how the pollster registers our responses that vary from one word answers.

Funny, but like it or not it's a true story.

Every time a pollster calls, which happens around election time, I try to figure out who they are polling for and attack thier candidate and usually I get the same response from the pollster. Most of the candidates are local or state candidates.

I had another one call asking about Obama. I told the pollster something like "Obama!?! I would NOT vote for that nappy headed, limp xxxx, xxxx sucking half bred xxxxxx, even if the other candidate was the Anti-Chirst himself!"

Pollster "I'll put you down as a 'maybe'. Thank you." and the he hung up the phone.

So, I don't put too much faith in polls.

I have an iPhone so I can call people and surf the 'Net not so a pollster can call and waste my time.

Spyder

QNman
06-22-2012, 18:35
Funny, but like it or not it's a true story.

Every time a pollster calls, which happens around election time, I try to figure out who they are polling for and attack thier candidate and usually I get the same response from the pollster. Most of the candidates are local or state candidates.

I had another one call asking about Obama. I told the pollster something like "Obama!?! I would NOT vote for that nappy headed, limp xxxx, xxxx sucking half bred xxxxxx, even if the other candidate was the Anti-Chirst himself!"

Pollster "I'll put you down as a 'maybe'. Thank you." and the he hung up the phone.

So, I don't put too much faith in polls.

I have an iPhone so I can call people and surf the 'Net not so a pollster can call and waste my time.

Spyder

Wow. I must say, I am surprised. But I WILL be trying this the next time a pollster calls... :supergrin:

F350
06-22-2012, 19:00
If I am not mistaken didn't "all the polls" show Walker getting thrown out of office or at best "too close to call"?

QNman
06-22-2012, 19:08
If I am not mistaken didn't "all the polls" show Walker getting thrown out of office or at best "too close to call"?

I believe you are correct, sir. Excellent point.

JFrame
06-22-2012, 19:17
In general, polls should have the disclaimer, "For entertainment value only."

Even the "this is not a scientific poll" doesn't suffice.

Dbltapglock
06-22-2012, 19:50
deleted

m51
06-23-2012, 17:44
The polls do give a general idea of whats going to happen, but all of the polls are really close, and have been since Romney was the clear leader. Obama will win, and this is why, too many people (likely voters) think the "my way or the highway" tea party mentality of the republican party is too extreme. Most likely voters like democracy, across the isle deal making. Before you say, that's what got us in this mess, I am merely saying what will happen in November and why. If you step out of the tea party ring and listen to likely voters, you will learn this, and fast.

Gundude
06-23-2012, 17:52
I have yet to see one Romney bumper sticker or yard sign. WTF was the GOP thinking when they chose someone who agrees with Obama on many issues to compete against him? Let's face it, conservatives are not exactly excited about this guy. Meanwhile, I'll just keep stocking up on ammo.
Romney wants to be President and the only way he could ever win is if there were an extensive "Anybody But [Insert Incumbent Name Here]" vote. He believes Obama will supply that vote, so he bought the nomination.

JFrame
06-23-2012, 17:55
The polls do give a general idea of whats going to happen, but all of the polls are really close, and have been since Romney was the clear leader. Obama will win, and this is why, too many people (likely voters) think the "my way or the highway" tea party mentality of the republican party is too extreme. Most likely voters like democracy, across the isle deal making. Before you say, that's what got us in this mess, I am merely saying what will happen in November and why. If you step out of the tea party ring and listen to likely voters, you will learn this, and fast.

But you're describing everything that presumptive candidate Romney ISN'T... :dunno:

Ruble Noon
06-23-2012, 18:50

The Tea party is too extreme? Gee, where have I heard that before? :upeyes:

jakebrake
06-23-2012, 20:01
really? could have fooled me....

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

jakebrake
06-23-2012, 20:02
and, it's kind of funny, that they're the most accurate.

QNman
06-23-2012, 23:32
The Tea party is too extreme? Gee, where have I heard that before? :upeyes:

Wait.. I thought the tea party was dead? Now we're extreme? I'm so confused...

RC-RAMIE
06-24-2012, 00:06
Yeah Romney isn't my idea of an upstanding conservative, but he and Obama, although they voted the same on many issues, are not the same. Romney sucks a fraction less but I think we'd have a much easier time keeping him "in check" than Obama who's gone awry with the Executive Orders. Still shocked about NDAA. Anyone know the status of this "law"?

If you are shocked by NDAA are you also shocked that Mitt supports it and has said he would have signed it?

evlbruce
06-24-2012, 06:50
Wait.. I thought the tea party was dead? Now we're extreme? I'm so confused...

It's extremely dead?

QNman
06-24-2012, 07:23
It's extremely dead?

:rofl:

Perfect!