University sponsors campaign to undermine 'white privilege' [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : University sponsors campaign to undermine 'white privilege'

snerd
06-20-2012, 15:35
I see no other option but to shoot myself to even the playing field.
The University of Minnesota - Duluth (UMD) is now sponsoring an ad-campaign designed to achieve "racial justice" by raising awareness of "white privilege."

The project disseminates its message, that "society was setup for us [whites]" and as such is "unfair," through an aggressive campaign of online videos, billboards, and lectures. The ads feature a number of Caucasians confessing their guilt for the supposed "privilege" that comes along with their fair features.

http://d-umn.campusreform.org/group/blog/university-sponsors-campaign-to-undermine-white-privilege

Whatever happened to reading, writing and arithmetic?

janice6
06-20-2012, 15:57
What ever happened to just judging on merit.

Many think that the desire(and requirement) to learn in this society is exclusive to being white, when there is a segment of society that does not value education.

(I said a "segment", black and white).

The problem is that being educated is losing, has lost, much of its value by people that still think "hard work and desire" are all you need to get ahead.

This works for some, but they are few in numbers. The majority will have to be smarter to get ahead, and most of the employers look at scholastic records to evaluate the abilities of future employees, and tending to even menial jobs.

This is a problem of communicating to ALL that general and advanced education is a prerequisite to success for everybody and not just for some.

How do you get someone to see the importance of education when they are only interested in the latest cell phone or gimmicks or satisfying an immediate desire, is a problem for everyone.

I hope someone has an answer before it is the norm to say "why do I need education when I'm doing all right"? All right is relative and temporary.

JFrame
06-20-2012, 15:59
Leftists playing the race card -- that's sooooooooooo, like, 60's, y'know? Totally radical, man -- like wow. It's groovy...I can dig it.

The whole left-wing euphemistic lingo thing ("fairness," "justice," "privilege," etc.) has taken on the Orwellian tone of doublespeak.

PawDog
06-20-2012, 16:25
And all planned to increase the Democrat voter base. These are simply the continued failing attempts of the left to increase "white guilt" just in time for the November elections.

Angry Fist
06-20-2012, 16:28
< Proud Honkie. You'll get shot before getting an apology from me.

GAFinch
06-20-2012, 18:47
The school must have hired some Harvard graduates.

rgregoryb
06-20-2012, 19:59
.......the winner writes history