You the man! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : You the man!

ADK_40GLKr
06-21-2012, 05:03
Hey Mas!

Usually "Mas Ayoob says..." settles the gun discussion. :bowdown:

Not so at gun club last night. As we're putting our Glocks away we get into a discussion of "-" connectors and NY1 springs.

One guy says "Mas says the 3.5 pound connector will ALWAYS put you in a bind in court" and the other "Yes, but he says it's OK with a NY1 spring".

I seem to recall reading both positions at different times. Can you settle this theological difference of opinion for us?

Mas Ayoob
06-21-2012, 05:15
Ain't about what I say, bro...it's about what Glock says. The company policy is quite clear that 3.5/4.5 lb. connectors with the standard trigger spring are only for recreational use. For defense or duty use, their policy is the 5.5 lb. trigger or heavier, or the 3.5/4.5 connector mated with NY-1, which brings total pull weight into the six-pound range.

Using a trigger pull lighter than factory recommendation with any gun leaves you open to "hair trigger" accusations, and an opposing counsel theory that your intentional, justifiable shooting was a negligent, unjustifiable "accident."

Of course, this won't get you into trouble until the shooting incident, and the allegation, occur.

best,
Mas

ADK_40GLKr
06-21-2012, 14:55
Thanks, Mas.

That's what I THOUGHT I remembered you saying!:supergrin: