Adults heckle children singing 'God Bless the USA' [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Adults heckle children singing 'God Bless the USA'

DonGlock26
06-21-2012, 06:00
Adults heckle children singing 'God Bless the USA'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_X3Hkx-Liwk#!

1:12 :faint:

Wednesday, June 20, 2012
SHOCK VIDEO: Adults heckle children singing 'God Bless the USA' telling them to 'burn in hell'
"Itís sad, sad, sad. You all are going to burn in hell."

Read more: http://www.1190kex.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=104668&article=10214434#ixzz1yQcMm5F7

Wow, nothing sets the Left off like kids sing patriotic songs. I think Romney should add kids singing God Bless America to his commercials.

_

Cavalry Doc
06-21-2012, 06:11
Where we're the parents of these kids? Glad one of those kids weren't mine. It would be a shame to have to spend that much on a lawyer.

callihan_44
06-21-2012, 06:32
if these morons are offended why would they stay in this country? if you hate it that much that you have to heckle children GTFO!

cowboywannabe
06-21-2012, 06:32
Where we're the parents of these kids? Glad one of those kids weren't mine. It would be a shame to have to spend that much on a lawyer.

this!

steve1988
06-21-2012, 06:41
This is something that I cannot grasp. Even atheists should appreciate the good intentions behind the song. What is wrong with wishing good things to happen to our country? Even if you don't believe in a God, why would you shout down children who love this country, and want the best for it? It is in the same vein as people who get offended by sayings like "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Hanukkah." Someone is wishing you well, so why get offended by it?

Cavalry Doc
06-21-2012, 07:06
This is something that I cannot grasp. Even atheists should appreciate the good intentions behind the song. What is wrong with wishing good things to happen to our country? Even if you don't believe in a God, why would you shout down children who love this country, and want the best for it? It is in the same vein as people who get offended by sayings like "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Hanukkah." Someone is wishing you well, so why get offended by it?

To atheists, "God bless America" is blasphemy.

Brucev
06-21-2012, 07:15
There are those benighted folks whose political commitments are such that they will do absolutely anything to advance their agenda or oppose those who are their opponents, even to the point of abusing/victimizing children who are completely innocent of any wrong doing, political or otherwise. It is not illegal that such people would in this instance conduct themselves in such a contemptible egregious manner. It is in fact increasingly common to political discourse regardless of the source. It is the new normal foisted upon all by those who consider politics to be war in which all is fair.

RYNOCG201
06-21-2012, 07:19
if these morons are offended why would they stay in this country? if you hate it that much that you have to heckle children GTFO!

Agreed ! GTFO

RYNOC

oldman11
06-21-2012, 07:22
if these morons are offended why would they stay in this country? If you hate it that much that you have to heckle children gtfo!
+1 +1 +1.

JBnTX
06-21-2012, 07:27
... Even atheists should appreciate the good intentions behind the song.

Even if you don't believe in a God, why would you shout down children who love this country, and want the best for it?

Because atheism is one of the largest hate groups in this country. And growing bigger everyday.

They're not content with just not believing in God themselves, but they
want all religious activities banned because it offends them.

Cavalry Doc
06-21-2012, 07:29
Because atheism is one of the largest hate groups in this country. And growing bigger everyday.

There are a lot of good ones out there too. It depends on how zealous they are.

JFrame
06-21-2012, 08:02
To atheists, "God bless America" is blasphemy.

To Marxists, and leftists in general, also...

Bobb G
06-21-2012, 10:49
Let's see...it's wrong to have kids sing songs about America, but it's okay to FORCE kids to sing songs about Obama???? :dunno:

nmk
06-21-2012, 11:18

They're not content with just not believing in God themselves, but they
want all religious activities banned because it offends them.

Get a grip.

Kingarthurhk
06-21-2012, 16:48
Probably more Undocumented Democrats.

W420Hunter
06-22-2012, 10:35
When morality is in the eye of the beholder, there is no low to low.

Mister_Beefy
06-23-2012, 08:13
yeah, I'd have caused a ruckus.

tyesai
06-23-2012, 12:10
Stay with me.

I think many are taking this out of context.

First point: Clearly a political stunt.

Second: I'm 99% sure that the angry black guy is telling the adults they are going to hell, not the kids. it appears he is having a pissing contest with ****** nozzle in the back row, white shirt, pamphlet in one hand. That guy seems to be the "defiant" cheerleader.

Third point: To me the "protestors" seem distraught that the kids are being used. Using kids in this manner is shameful.

Last point, does not necessarily apply to video but many of your comments: I do find the lack of tolerance in schools for religion sad. “It’s contributed to a moral vacuum that has been filled by narrow, intolerant moralisms." (Dr. Sandal, Harvard)

All that said I'd vote for Turner only because I can't imagine anyone being any worse than that self aggrandizing twit Gilabrand....

However the idea of American exceptionalism is probably the most dangerous thing our youth face...You, I, me, we, us, choose your favorite personal pronoun, are no better than anyone else because of the birth lotto....

Here is a more thorough article that explains the incident a little better in my opinion....
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/20/nyregion/congressman-bob-turner-joins-protest-at-school-principal.html

herose
06-23-2012, 23:03
However the idea of American exceptionalism is probably the most dangerous thing our youth face...You, I, me, we, us, choose your favorite personal pronoun, are no better than anyone else because of the birth lotto....

Uh...no it isn't and YES WE ARE!

RC-RAMIE
06-24-2012, 00:12
Uh...no it isn't and YES WE ARE!

You are a better person than others just because you are born in America? You sure about that?

series1811
06-24-2012, 05:05
You are a better person than others just because you are born in America? You sure about that?

We're sure luckier.

America never looks as good as it does when you are coming back from some other country.

What I don't get is the people who are trying so hard to change the USA into being like one of the countries I am always so glad to be coming home from.

There are lots of countries where no religion is allowed or restricted to one (including atheism). There aren't many where so much diversity in beliefs are allowed as here.

Bren
06-24-2012, 05:09

Because the countries they admire don't give them all the freedom and free stuff they want.

RC-RAMIE
06-24-2012, 10:06
We're sure luckier.

America never looks as good as it does when you are coming back from some other country.

What I don't get is the people who are trying so hard to change the USA into being like one of the countries I am always so glad to be coming home from.

There are lots of countries where no religion is allowed or restricted to one (including atheism). There aren't many where so much diversity in beliefs are allowed as here.

I agree more lucky but not better by default.

series1811
06-24-2012, 15:38
I agree more lucky but not better by default.

We have a better country, but it's because of the people who came before us, mostly. We probably don't deserve it.

Peace Officer
06-24-2012, 16:04
Why does anyone find it unusual for school children to be heckled for singing God Bless The USA!? After all the majority of Americans voted for a President that was raised as a Muslim, while in France he apologized for "Americas Arrogance" while not more than a two hour drive from where he was making his speech hundreds of brave Americans are burried-you know the ones that died while liberating France during WWII! The list goes on and on. My favorite one is when his Attornedy General, (Eric The Rat Holder) did absolutely nothing when the New Black Panther Party had two of its mindless thugs with billy clubs stand out side a polling place back east and scare people who were trying to vote. We are the laughing stock of the world. Yes, I am ashamed of America and I am ashamed to be called an American! Instead of "God Bless The USA", loyal Patriots should come up with a new song, titled: God Help The USA!

G-19
06-24-2012, 16:20

I agree