Is Atheism Just Another Hate Group? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Is Atheism Just Another Hate Group?

JBnTX
06-21-2012, 08:10
Atheists Are Well-Organized Hate Group
http://christiandiarist.com/2012/03/24/atheists-are-well-organized-hate-group/

"...Atheist activists bear many of the characteristics generally associated with a “hate group,” as defined by the Southern Poverty Law Center, the accepted authority on the subject."

"The Center says a hate group is “an organized group or movement that advocates and practices hatred, hostitility or violence towards members of a race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation or other designated sector of society.”

"That pretty much includes the atheist movement."

RC-RAMIE
06-21-2012, 08:19

"...Atheist activists bear many of the characteristics generally associated with a “hate group,” as defined by the Southern Poverty Law Center, the accepted authority on the subject."

"The Center says a hate group is “an organized group or movement that advocates and practices hatred, hostitility or violence towards members of a race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation or other designated sector of society.”

your understanding of Atheism is about the same as your understanding of Libertarians I see. :upeyes:

JBnTX
06-21-2012, 08:23
your understanding of Atheism is about the same as your understanding of Libertarians I see. :upeyes:

Those are quotes from that article.

But, is there a difference between atheism and libertarianism?
One hates God and the other hates government.

Both refuse to accept the authority of a higher power.

cysoto
06-21-2012, 08:33
Qualifying Atheism as a hate group is preposterous. If the definitions given in the article to qualify Atheism in that manner were to be used as our only guide, the same could be said of Christianity (or any other organized religious movement for that matter).

If you want to see what a hate group looks like, look no further than the Westboro Church (whom btw, I make no claim that they serve as any sort of ambassadors of the Christian movement).

cysoto
06-21-2012, 08:38

I don't believe that you fully understand the definition of Atheism. Atheists do not "hate God", they simply state that such being (or any other superior/omnipotent force) does not exist. This is not hate, this is a group of people expressing an opinion.

Animal Mother
06-21-2012, 08:45
One hates God and the other hates government. Atheists don't hate God, or gods. They don't believe God or gods exist. That's a very significant difference.

void *
06-21-2012, 10:14
I wonde if there's a corollary to Betteridge's Law of Headlines that applies to message board thread titles.

JBnTX
06-21-2012, 10:57
Atheists don't hate God, or gods. They don't believe God or gods exist. That's a very significant difference.

Atheists hate God, religion and religious people.

They're not content to just not believe in God for themselves,
but they mock, condemn and ridicule religion and religious people at every chance.

They want their Godless will imposed on the majority when they demand that simple words like "Under God" be removed from the Pledge of Allegiance and from money.

Atheists are not content to live and let live. If they had their way religion would be outlawed.

Atheists claim that there is no God, when in reality it's impossible for them to know that.

They arrogantly proclaim that evolution is a fact and creationism is false, when the truth is that both are just unproven theories.

Atheists are the most disliked and mistrusted of all minorities in this country.
There's a reason for that.

cysoto
06-21-2012, 11:08

but they mock, condemn and ridicule religion and religious people at every chance.

They want their Godless will imposed on the majority when they demand that simple words like "Under God" be removed from the Pledge of Allegiance and from money.

Atheists are not content to live and let live. If they had their way religion would be outlawed.

Atheists claim that there is no God, when in reality it's impossible for them to know that.

They arrogantly proclaim that evolution is a fact and creationism is false, when the truth is that both are just unproven theories.

Atheists are the most disliked and mistrusted of all minorities in this country.

You are twisting the facts to suit your point of view. The last sentence on you previous post makes it pretty obvious that it is you who has a hateful view towards those who do not share your views.

The populous neither hates nor fears religion nor the lack thereof but we do have serious concerns with extremism which you so boldly represent.

RC-RAMIE
06-21-2012, 11:12

NO

NO

Why is it there in the first place because religious groups pushed to have it there. It was not there originally.

NO

NO evidence of a god

NO

Because of people like you who dislike and mistrust people you don't understand. Example your dilsike and mistrust of Libertarians which you don't understand.

JBnTX
06-21-2012, 11:16
You are twisting the facts to suit your point of view. The last sentence on you previous post makes it pretty obvious that it is you who has a hateful view towards those who do not share your views.

The populous neither hates nor fears religion nor the lack thereof but we do have serious concerns with extremism which you so boldly represent.

Maybe you should read this:

Research Finds that Atheists are Most Hated and Distrusted Minority
http://newsjunkiepost.com/2009/09/19/research-finds-that-atheists-are-most-hated-and-distrusted-minority/

nmk
06-21-2012, 11:22

You are absurd. I'll pray for you.

Bren
06-21-2012, 11:56
Didn't know atheism was a "movement" but I've certainly never seen them hating anybody. That may be some of the stupidest (and most obviously false) crap I've ever read. let me guess...Westboro Baptist Church?

Bren
06-21-2012, 11:59

Saying atheists hate god is as foolish as saying they hate the flying spaghetti monster or any other fake thing you make up from your imagination - anybody who hates god is, by pretty obvious definition, NOT AN ATHEIST.

Same with Libertarians - Libertarianism is a belief about what government should be, if they hate government, they are anarchists, not Libertarians.

Do you ever actually know anything about one single thing you post about here?

Even if that's just stupid stuff you read in an article, it reflects poorly on you, that you seem to believe it or find it worthy of repetition.

Guss
06-21-2012, 12:04

http://newsjunkiepost.com/2009/09/19/research-finds-that-atheists-are-most-hated-and-distrusted-minority/

Which shows that who hates whom?

High-Gear
06-21-2012, 12:09
What violence has been perpetrated against religious groups in the name of atheism?

Just because some people are standing up to your bullying, doesn't make them a hate group. And yes, forcing me to recognize a god in order to be a patriot and pledge allegiance to this nation is bullying.

Gunhaver
06-21-2012, 12:19

I'm not surprised. We're a very tough group to feel superior to.
:tongueout:

Gunhaver
06-21-2012, 12:20
Which shows that who hates whom?

Oh SNAP!

:rofl::tongueout::rofl:

JBnTX
06-21-2012, 12:53
Atheists don't like it when religion pushes back.:rofl:

scccdoc
06-21-2012, 13:17
I don't think all atheist hate religion and religious people, but react (at times with just cause) to those of us who present ourselves in a self righteous way.Some atheist on this board seem nice, but have a different point of view, some are just nasty, as can be the theists. Certainly you don't want to point out an inconsistency in an atheist's written comments or you will be the object of the nastys' wrath.

Now, the atheists that I know personally are firm in their belief as they know I am.That doesn't stop us from hunting, fishing, bowling, or playing golf. We co-exist by not arguing over things that cannot be proven to a skeptic (either side). I do pray for their salvation............ and they know it........ DOC

Roering
06-21-2012, 14:10

Seeing as how your taking the actions of some and applying it to the whole let's go ahead and qualify the human race as hate group.

Bren
06-21-2012, 14:21

Yet that has only been on the money since the 1950's - so were the christians a "hate group" when they pushed to impose their will on others by having it added?

The rest of that rant is too crazy to need a response.

You have some very strange personal issues going on that you project into discussions about guns, politics, religion, etc. Maybe a look in the mirror would get you more answers.

Animal Mother
06-21-2012, 14:23
Atheists hate God,No, they don't.
religion and religious people. This is more likely, at least it can be demonstrated that religions and religious people exist.
but they mock, condemn and ridicule religion and religious people at every chance. Only when religious people do things worthy of ridicule.
They want their Godless will imposed on the majority when they demand that simple words like "Under God" be removed from the Pledge of Allegiance and from money. While I personally don't think this is a fight worth bothering with, it's pretty obvious that those examples do violate the establishment clause.
Atheists are not content to live and let live. If they had their way religion would be outlawed.Where and when, in this country, have atheists forced anyone to give up their religion, or even advocated the removal of religion for those who choose to practice it? Specific examples if you don't mind.
Atheists claim that there is no God, when in reality it's impossible for them to know that. Actually most atheists claim that there's no need for a god, they don't usually claim directly knowledge that one doesn't exist.
They arrogantly proclaim that evolution is a fact and creationism is false, when the truth is that both are just unproven theories. See, this is the kind of thing that leads to the religious being ridiculed. Evolution is a fact. Creationism is a fairy tale. We know this to be true, based on objective evidence.
There's a reason for that. Because they dare to adhere to facts and evidence, rather than cowering in fear of an unknown, unknowable deity who's existence can't even be demonstrated?

scccdoc
06-21-2012, 14:27
So much for trying to be a "peacemaker" lol

Kingarthurhk
06-21-2012, 16:10
From their view of taking away the First Amendment from everyone else but themselves, I am beginning to wonder.

muscogee
06-21-2012, 16:49

What does that say about and your supposed God of love? Hypocrites don't like being called out. They killed Jesus for that.

muscogee
06-21-2012, 16:54
From their view of taking away the First Amendment from everyone else but themselves, I am beginning to wonder.

You really don't understand the First Amendment. It prohibits the Federal Government from taking a position on religion. You try to dance around that by claiming that no belief is a religion. That' absurd.

hogfish
06-21-2012, 17:08

In order of fervor (#1 being the most), how would you list the following according to your hate toward them:

Atheists
Jehova's Witnesses
Gays
Libertarians

Thanks.

Kingarthurhk
06-21-2012, 18:45
You really don't understand the First Amendment. It prohibits the Federal Government from taking a position on religion. You try to dance around that by claiming that no belief is a religion. That' absurd.

No belief is a belief.

NMG26
06-21-2012, 18:51
You are absurd. I'll pray for you.

:rofl:

Love a hater!

ksg0245
06-21-2012, 19:22
No belief is a belief.

And not collecting stamps is a hobby.

Syclone538
06-21-2012, 19:51

The Southern Preposterous Lie Center, an authority, on hate groups, :rofl: man that's funny.

Do you hate leprechauns?

Atheists hate God,

Not possible. This statement makes it clear you don't know what atheist means.

religion and religious people.

I just want a complete separation of church and state. What if U.S. currency said "In Allah we trust"? Would you be ok with that?

I very strongly do not want it outlawed.

Most atheists do not claim to know there is no god.

One seems to have more evidence supporting it then the other.

Mythology and superstition.

void *
06-21-2012, 21:41
This thread is a prime answer to the question that comes up every so often, which is effectively "Why do atheists even post here?".

The mis-characterization of the atheist position by theists, Kingarthurhk and JBnTX in particular, in this thread is rampant.

"You hate god" -> get it through your heads. No, we don't, in precisely the same way that you don't hate the tooth fairy. (unless you happen to actually hate the tooth fairy. In that case, I mean exactly unlike the way you hate the tooth fairy, and you might want to talk to somebody about that).

"You want to take away the first amendment from everybody else". No, I don't - I want you to abide by it for *everybody*, not just people who agree with *you*.

Animal Mother
06-21-2012, 21:47
From their view of taking away the First Amendment from everyone else but themselves, I am beginning to wonder. How exactly is anyone trying to take away the first amendment?

Kingarthurhk
06-21-2012, 21:50
How exactly is anyone trying to take away the first amendment?

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1428136

An entire thread where Atheists are discussing how to ruin the lives of people for having religious beliefs and not wanting them infringed upon. That is my salient point within this thread.

Animal Mother
06-21-2012, 21:55
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1428136

An entire thread where Atheists are discussing how to ruin the lives of people for having religious beliefs and not wanting them infringed upon. That is my salient point within this thread. That isn't what the thread is about at all, perhaps it's your perception that is the issue.

No one is saying that you should be denied you religious beliefs, but you also have to accept the consequences of those beliefs. In the case of science classes, if those beliefs are contrary to the scientific facts, those consequences should include failing the class. Just like answering that pi is equal to 3 should lead to failing a geometry class.

steveksux
06-21-2012, 22:06

..Because so many people are stupid enough to believe the above?

Randy

JBnTX
06-21-2012, 22:11
... Evolution is a fact. Creationism is a fairy tale. We know this to be true, based on objective evidence...

Please provide a source to this "objective evidence" that proves evolution is a fact.

A fact can be proven.

If evolution is a fact and can be proven, then that's the end of the creation theory and all religion is dead.

Let's see that proof. Convince me.

fowl intent
06-21-2012, 22:35
Point of clarification, please. When you say there is no "evidence" proving that evolution is a "fact", is that really what you mean/believe? Or are you saying there is no "evidence" of the fact that human beings are the end result of an evolutionary process?

If the latter, then I can at least understand why you might hold such a belief. While I disagree with you, I recognize that a lot of good and well meaning people have religious beliefs that fly in the face of logic and reason.

If the former, then you either dropped out of school before you took basic biology, or you also believe that the Earth is flat.

Animal Mother
06-21-2012, 22:39
Please provide a source to this "objective evidence" that proves evolution is a fact. Ernst Mayr, What Evolution Is.
A fact can be proven. Of course.
If evolution is a fact and can be proven, then that's the end of the creation theory and all religion is dead. I don't think your conclusion follows logically from your premise.
Let's see that proof. Convince me.I'll happily share the proof, but I don't hold the illusion that it will convince you.

Lenski's e.coli evolution site. (http://myxo.css.msu.edu/ecoli/)

Human Evolution Evidence. (http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence)

Becoming Human.
(http://iho.asu.edu/becominghuman)

Whale Evolution. (http://science.discovery.com/scientists/darwin/timeline/timeline.html)

steveksux
06-21-2012, 23:30
Please provide a source to this "objective evidence" that proves evolution is a fact.

A fact can be proven.

If evolution is a fact and can be proven, then that's the end of the creation theory and all religion is dead.Just like the Catholic Church was dead when it accepted evolution.

Or just like religion was dead when they were wrong about earth being at the center of the universe.

Except for, you know, not being dead at all, they've been dead for years... :rofl:

Just one more fact in a series of scientific advances that gets accepted by religion and chalked up to prior misinterpretation of scripture.

Beingrightaphobia can be cured, you know...

Randy

G23Gen4TX
06-22-2012, 00:46
I'm an atheist.

I hate God.

I hate religious people.

I teach teenagers to mock old bus monitors.

I teach teenagers that it is ok to jump the neighborhood watchman.

I teach teenagers that it is ok to have sex with a condom.

I'm a hated and mistrusted minority.

And I live in TX. When I'm going to hell, I'm taking you with me.

Gunhaver
06-22-2012, 03:29

A fact can be proven.

If evolution is a fact and can be proven, then that's the end of the creation theory and all religion is dead.

Let's see that proof. Convince me.

Look at these dogs.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5e/WhippetWhiteSaddled_wb.jpg/220px-WhippetWhiteSaddled_wb.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/27/Short-haired-Dachshund.jpg/220px-Short-haired-Dachshund.jpg

http://reriksson2.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/great-dane-and-chihuahua-c11759689.jpg

http://petsdoginformation.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/pug.jpg

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQuAPQHmA5zihR9chXv94M6qkEsCEmWSiHLiE-BacCasl1jbjcxjtrfXB9I

Those photos show extremes of morphology in a single species all capable of reproducing with each other. Long legs to short legs, long muzzle to no muzzle, 5 lbs to 200 lbs, it's all represented in a few pictures. They also come in all hair types from shaggy to bald, tails or no tails, and some even have extra toes.

So what's very easily shown here is that animals can change drastically even within the same species in just a few thousand years of selective breeding. Extreme changes in animals over time is undeniable. Now what you have to show us is what biological factor puts the brakes on that process at any given point. What prevents scales from eventually turning into feathers? Birds have both.

If a dachshund can have stubby little legs where his greatx100 grandfather had long legs then why can't they go so short as to disappear inside the body when streamlining requirements dictate as in a snake or a whale or dolphin? It's been demonstrated so you have to show evidence of what stops morphology at whatever point you're uncomfortable with admitting to.

Sure, you'll move the goalposts back again but it really doesn't get any more obvious than this.

Kingarthurhk
06-22-2012, 04:38
That isn't what the thread is about at all, perhaps it's your perception that is the issue.

No one is saying that you should be denied you religious beliefs, but you also have to accept the consequences of those beliefs. In the case of science classes, if those beliefs are contrary to the scientific facts, those consequences should include failing the class. Just like answering that pi is equal to 3 should lead to failing a geometry class.

That is the equivalent of saying, if you assert your 4th Amendment Rights, you should expect the state to bulldoze your house down.

You have no facts, you have unprovable ideas. You insist that these unprovable ideas are facts, because you belief them. Should you be penalized for your beliefs?

Further, I suggested an alternative which fit the problem. My teacher states the answer is thus; however, I believe this and why. Both sides are presented coequally, and it encourages, apparenly what you do not want-critical thinking skills.

This was met with you should fail, and be castigated and harmed financially all of your life for not conforming to the Atheist agenda.

What if ther was a Theist thread that said, you must accept the consequences of your beliefs? That you should be financially penalized and forever branded and castigated for your belief system? You would be outraged.
Why? Because, there is the Atheist belief that either the First Amendment Liberty of religous thought should not exist, or it should only apply to them.

I have witnessed Wesboro Baptists who are more open to other people than this crowd of Atheists.

Animal Mother
06-22-2012, 05:59
That is the equivalent of saying, if you assert your 4th Amendment Rights, you should expect the state to bulldoze your house down. No, it isn't. You are really, really bad at analogies. Your religious freedom isn't being impinged by requiring that you actually learn science to pass a science class. Asserting supposed religious freedom as a dodge to avoid learning science will only have the effect of hurting the education of students, something the nation can ill afford.
You have no facts, you have unprovable ideas. You insist that these unprovable ideas are facts, because you belief them. Should you be penalized for your beliefs? I have, literally, all the facts. This isn't even 99% Science/1% Creationism. All the facts support the scientific position. That's why you're reduced to imagining origins for Koalas with absolutely no evidence to preserve your beliefs. Similarly, you're forced to deny the whole of modern quantum theory to achieve the same end.
Further, I suggested an alternative which fit the problem. My teacher states the answer is thus; however, I believe this and why. Both sides are presented coequally, and it encourages, apparenly what you do not want-critical thinking skills. "I believe this despite all evidence showing the contrary" is not critical thinking, it's the very definition of the opposite. The point though is that this amendment would not require the student to give the correct answer, only state their religious belief.
This was met with you should fail, and be castigated and harmed financially all of your life for not conforming to the Atheist agenda. Please point out the specific post where this was said, assuming the correct answer was provided in addition to any statement of religious belief. The post number from that thread will be fine.
What if ther was a Theist thread that said, you must accept the consequences of your beliefs? That you should be financially penalized and forever branded and castigated for your belief system? You would be outraged. Not if it required rejecting something supported by all available evidence.
Why? Because, there is the Atheist belief that either the First Amendment Liberty of religous thought should not exist, or it should only apply to them. Now you're just making stuff up. It isn't even a good straw man. Religious liberty isn't a magic wand that allows you to ignore science.
I have witnessed Wesboro Baptists who are more open to other people than this crowd of Atheists.I'm sure you'll happily demonstrate with a reference to the post requested above. Or with evidence of kangaroos in the Middle East. Or documentation that there are no causality violations in quantum mechanics. You know, whenever you get the chance. As a start, I'd even settle for an explanation of why you accept Jesus and God and deny Odin and Thor despite there being more evidence for the latter pair.

Lone Wolf8634
06-22-2012, 07:57

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Call me the next time an Atheist group shows up on your church steps with ropes and dummies to burn in effigy.

Good grief JB, you feelin alright?

By the way, I don't hate any of our fine theist friends. I just disagree with them. Stop being a victim.

Gunhaver
06-22-2012, 09:30
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Call me the next time an Atheist group shows up on your church steps with ropes and dummies to burn in effigy.

Or the next time they organize en mass to vote to make sure certain groups can't get married, drink or smoke pot, buy porn or health insurance or any number of other things they deem, in all their narcissistic 'wisdom', is no good for this country.

Call me when you see them in gangs jumping around and cheering at the thought of others burning in some imaginary place like a bunch of insane football fans and teaching their children the same. That's hate right there. Sometimes you guys are the very definition of the word "projection".

"Atheists are a religion!" "Atheists are a hate group!" "Atheists want to suppress other's freedom!" Naw dude, that's the god squad's thing.

Guss
06-22-2012, 09:54

If your doctor tells you he'll have to use the newest antibiotics on you because the disease has evolved to be immune to the old antibiotics, will you be giving him a lecture on how evolution doesn't exist?

JBnTX
06-22-2012, 13:52
If your doctor tells you he'll have to use the newest antibiotics on you because the disease has evolved to be immune to the old antibiotics, will you be giving him a lecture on how evolution doesn't exist?

Is that the best you could come up with?

Please try again later.:rofl:

greatwun
06-22-2012, 14:28
Is that the best you could come up with?

Please try again later.:rofl:

Are you planning to address any of the questions posted for you above? Because I just made some popcorn..

cysoto
06-22-2012, 14:44
Real Christians don't visit doctors or take antibiotics; real Christians accept all tests of faith that God bestows upon them and thank the Lord for the opportunity to bear witness to His grace.

JBnTX
06-22-2012, 15:06
Are you planning to address any of the questions posted for you above? Because I just made some popcorn..

I'm afraid too...:nailbiting:

JBnTX
06-22-2012, 15:08
Real Christians don't visit doctors or take antibiotics; real Christians accept all tests of faith that God bestows upon them and thank the Lord for the opportunity to bear witness to His grace.

No, they don't.

Where do you get this garbage?

cysoto
06-22-2012, 15:17
No, they don't.

Where do you get this garbage?

Are you calling the word of God "garbage"?

James 5:14 & 15
14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: 15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

G23Gen4TX
06-22-2012, 20:59
I hate stupid people. If you happen to be religious then so be it.

JBnTX
06-22-2012, 21:00
Are you calling the word of God "garbage"?

James 5:14 & 15
14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: 15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

Nowhere does that say or even imply that Christians don't visit doctors or take antibiotics.

JBnTX
06-22-2012, 21:01
I hate stupid people. If you happen to be religious then so be it.

Is 90% of the people on this planet stupid?
Do you hate 90% of the people on this planet?
Are you smarter than 90% of the people on this planet?
What do you know that they don't?
How did you come by that knowledge, yet they failed to learn it?

G23Gen4TX
06-22-2012, 23:08

I'll answer your last question. I choose to learn. What I don't know, I read about it and learn. A lot of people don't do that. Reading the bible is like reading a sci-fi novel. And if you don't look beyond that then sorry, you're stupid. You choose to be ignorant. You choose to ignore facts and believe fairy tales.

Stupid is stupid does. Be stupid if you want to but don't take me there.

JBnTX
06-23-2012, 06:35
I'll answer your last question. I choose to learn. What I don't know, I read about it and learn. A lot of people don't do that. Reading the bible is like reading a sci-fi novel. And if you don't look beyond that then sorry, you're stupid. You choose to be ignorant. You choose to ignore facts and believe fairy tales.

Stupid is stupid does. Be stupid if you want to but don't take me there.

I'm sure that 90% of the Earth's population stands in awe of your superior intelligence.

How could we have been so wrong for so long?

We don't want to be stupid any longer, so we'd better start reading too.

Bren
06-23-2012, 06:55

That is an easy YES.

Another easy YES.

My IQ has been tested several times and is higher than 99+% of the people on the planet and I have more education than 97% of the US population (so, certainly 99+% of the world population), so another YES.

Best I can tell, a whole lot.

See the third question, above.

Cavalry Doc
06-23-2012, 07:29
I don't think all atheist hate religion and religious people, but react (at times with just cause) to those of us who present ourselves in a self righteous way.Some atheist on this board seem nice, but have a different point of view, some are just nasty, as can be the theists. Certainly you don't want to point out an inconsistency in an atheist's written comments or you will be the object of the nastys' wrath.

Now, the atheists that I know personally are firm in their belief as they know I am.That doesn't stop us from hunting, fishing, bowling, or playing golf. We co-exist by not arguing over things that cannot be proven to a skeptic (either side). I do pray for their salvation............ and they know it........ DOC

Agree.

Not all atheists are haters. Not even all the ones that post in GTRI, but there are a few. I don't think it's fair to classify all of them as belonging to a hate group.

G23Gen4TX
06-23-2012, 08:36
I'm sure that 90% of the Earth's population stands in awe of your superior intelligence.

How could we have been so wrong for so long?

We don't want to be stupid any longer, so we'd better start reading too.

You have only been wrong for a couple of thousand of years. It's ok. Slowly, you'll learn.

Stang_Man
06-23-2012, 08:44

You just can't win with this guy :rofl:

He obviously has some distorted views of the world around him, I REALLY hope he doesn't own a gun :shocked:

JBnTX
06-23-2012, 09:13
That is an easy YES.

Another easy YES.

My IQ has been tested several times and is higher than 99+% of the people on the planet and I have more education than 97% of the US population (so, certainly 99+% of the world population), so another YES.

Best I can tell, a whole lot.

See the third question, above.

Wow! I had no idea you were so smart.:bowdown:

I'm very grateful that you take the time and try and educate ignorant dolts like myself.

I'm learning, slowly but surely.

JBnTX
06-23-2012, 09:17
You just can't win with this guy :rofl:

He obviously has some distorted views of the world around him, I REALLY hope he doesn't own a gun :shocked:

I have a gun in one hand and a Bible in the other.
It helps me keep my balance.

steveksux
06-23-2012, 09:27
I have a gun in one hand and a Bible in the other.
It helps me keep my balance.

Perhaps you should stop reading the gun and cleaning the Bible and try it the other way around... :tongueout::rofl: See if that works out better for you.

Randy

steveksux
06-23-2012, 09:33

Hmmm... "The Center says a hate group is “an organized group or movement that advocates and practices hatred, hostitility or violence towards members of a race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation or other designated sector of society.”

Sounds like fundamentalist Christians are a hate group according to that.

Randy

Tilley
06-23-2012, 10:14
That is an easy YES.Bren, he said the planet...not just Kentucky!

Another easy YES. Well that's not just neighborly like...didja get up on the wrong side o' yo sista this mornin?

My IQ has been tested several times and is higher than 99+% of the people on the planet and I have more education than 97% of the US population (so, certainly 99+% of the world population), so another YES.Again...he meant the planet...not Kentucky!

Proof positive that Atheism is just another hate group!

steveksux
06-23-2012, 10:18
Well that's not just neighborly like...didja get up on the wrong side o' yo sista this mornin?Proof positive that Atheism is just another hate group!

That's Aunie sister, mister, no need to be disrespectful! :tongueout:

And I'll have you know Kentucky has a proud history, with important discoveries and inventions to its credit.

Did you know they invented the toothbrush in Kentucky? Didn't you ever wonder why it wasn't called a teethbrush? Now you know! :supergrin:

Randy

scccdoc
06-23-2012, 10:36
Agree.

Not all atheists are haters. Not even all the ones that post in GTRI, but there are a few. I don't think it's fair to classify all of them as belonging to a hate group.

We should all try to keep a tone of mutual respect when discussing our faith, or lack thereof. Profiling is against the law ! lol

Tilley
06-23-2012, 11:20
Did you know they invented the toothbrush in Kentucky? Didn't you ever wonder why it wasn't called a teethbrush? Now you know! :supergrin:

Randy

Well I heard "Chunky-Soup" was popular for awhile in Kentucky, but they had to ban it cuz too many folks wuz walkin around with fork-marks on their forehead...:freak:

Jonesee
06-23-2012, 12:51
JBnTX, who admitted on a previous post that he is a liar, is now speaking on behalf of religion and God.

Interesting comment on himself, his religion and God...

Cavalry Doc
06-23-2012, 15:27
JBnTX, who admitted on a previous post that he is a liar, is now speaking on behalf of religion and God.

Interesting comment on himself, his religion and God...

Now, didn't you widen that brush you are painting with just a bit too large?

I would not say that would incite a comment on your religion, or your chosen deity (or lack thereof). That would be just on you.

Can you see the difference?

Extrapolation can be useful, just not with a sample of one.

Animal Mother
06-23-2012, 18:44
Wow! I had no idea you were so smart.:bowdown:

I'm very grateful that you take the time and try and educate ignorant dolts like myself.

I'm learning, slowly but surely.When exactly did being intelligent and well educated become a bad thing?

cysoto
06-23-2012, 22:36
When exactly did being intelligent and well educated become a bad thing?

When you are not the smartest one of the bunch. :tongueout:

Gunhaver
06-23-2012, 22:58
When exactly did being intelligent and well educated become a bad thing?

At the exact moment when you ask theists questions that they find difficult to answer.

SIGlock
06-24-2012, 20:49
At the exact moment when you ask theists questions that they find difficult to answer.

Yeah, like...what is "theists"?

So much for well-educated:supergrin:

Ramjet38
06-30-2012, 18:21

There are atheist, and then there are Atheist. The ones on this forum are Atheist and hate God. Otherwise they would just be non-believers such as atheist, and not bother anyone. nuff said.

ksg0245
06-30-2012, 18:35
There are atheist, and then there are Atheist. The ones on this forum are Atheist and hate God. Otherwise they would just be non-believers such as atheist, and not bother anyone. nuff said.

Wow. How many unevidenced creatures do you hate?

High-Gear
06-30-2012, 20:09

I dont hate god, just the things done in his name.

Penitant privlidge is one of those things. I use to investigate child sex crimes. Several times the accused had been confessing his crimes for years to local clergy, but they failed to report it. Apparently the abusers right to confess to preserve his soul for the afterlife was more important than the need to protect real victims in this life.

Another thing is when religious people claim the right to interject their beliefs into everyone elses life. I have to recognize a god in order to pledge allegience to this nation! Why? Why am I not enough of a patriot without god? Why am I asked to swear an oath to god in order to testify? Sure make that an option, but why is it the default? Why cant religious people keep their religion to themselves?

Syclone538
06-30-2012, 23:04

You hate Santa Claus, and leprechauns, and unicorns, and the tooth fairy, and the tea pot in orbit.

It's not possible to understand what the word atheist means and honestly claim that atheists hate a god.

Are you pretending we hate all gods ever imagined, or just your god?