Share your experience with LC9 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Share your experience with LC9

cross-eyed
06-21-2012, 09:07
Just bought my LC9 3 months ago. Primary purpose is for CCW. Had about 100+ rounds in it. It's my first FA so i really don't have any basis of comparing it with other handguns in its category (i.e., light compact, 9mm, single stack, etc.).

Anybody out there who can compare notes and share their experience with LC9?

Droid noob
06-24-2012, 11:05
I owned the lc9 for about 3 months before selling it. I actually liked it, contrary to most ppls opinion. The size and capacity were great and I shot fairly well with it. I sold it in favor of the s & w shield. Reason being, I didn't want a double action trigger when the rest of my armory didn't have have them. If you decide you don't like how far back the trigger breaks, you can look into a "Galloway Precision " trigger kit that will move it up some and shorten the reset.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

cross-eyed
06-25-2012, 00:39
I owned the lc9 for about 3 months before selling it. I actually liked it, contrary to most ppls opinion. The size and capacity were great and I shot fairly well with it. I sold it in favor of the s & w shield. Reason being, I didn't want a double action trigger when the rest of my armory didn't have have them. If you decide you don't like how far back the trigger breaks, you can look into a "Galloway Precision " trigger kit that will move it up some and shorten the reset.

Thank you sir Droid noob. Liked it also. But, i noticed a couple of days ago while cleaning it, that there were marks on the inside of the frame. I suspect that the barrel is rubbing against it. The black color was chipped off showing the silvery/aluminum material of the frame. Did you have the same experience? Do you think the ammo quality has something to do with it? Will bring it back to the gunstore this week.

Droid noob
06-27-2012, 12:51
I believe its normal for the "blueing" to rub off the top of the barrel. Cant recall any chipping on the slide though. Best to be safe and have them look at it. Probably normal wear.

cross-eyed
06-29-2012, 17:41
I believe its normal for the "blueing" to rub off the top of the barrel. Cant recall any chipping on the slide though. Best to be safe and have them look at it. Probably normal wear.

Thanks Sir Droid noob. The scratch is on the polymer frame. Will bring it back to the gunstore for a check.