Brew your own [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Brew your own

auto-5
06-21-2012, 21:52
So if SHTF do you have your own still. Talk about a multi tasker it makes feel good juice and pure water and feel good juice!!!!!!

Bolster
06-21-2012, 22:05
... it makes feel good juice and pure water and feel good juice!!!!!!

Based on your post I think you've been tippling this evening. Anyhoo:

http://specialty-drinks.wonderhowto.com/how-to/distill-your-own-alcohol-278066/

...AND the chemist is cute!!

UneasyRider
06-22-2012, 05:29
No longer drink the stuff.

edcrosbys
06-22-2012, 06:42
You might want to check out some simple stuff now... Making ciders, wine and mead... I know it isn't high test, but this could make vinegar too. Both would have use, long term.

Allfal
06-23-2012, 00:20
I make some wine once in a great while. I'm currently making some mead, since I read about it. Distilling water is completely legal now. Distilling alcohol is no big secret. Many web sites even offer complete stills for "distilling water". Other sites are even more open about the end product. It's not rocket science and could very easily be done if legal and wanted, either for personal use or barter.

This brings up a question. Why can I ferment things to 15 to 18% alcohol but cannot then distill them to 40 to 50%? Does not make sense but I will abide by that law until it's not there.

TangoFoxtrot
06-23-2012, 04:41
I have a case of Jack Daniels #7 put away for a rainy day for myself and to barter with. I drink only beer now, but if a major SHTF senario ever broke out, I might want a little taste.:drink: