Obama's Amnesty and Affirmative Action [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Amnesty and Affirmative Action

maxsnafu
06-22-2012, 12:54
http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/06/obamas_amnesty_and_affirmative_action.html

"Presumably, many of those conservatives think the policy good at least in part because they agree with Mr. Obama's contention that some people (apparently, as long as they do not number among the unborn) should not be held accountable for the actions of their parents.

So why do none of the aforementioned conservatives seem to be asking: Why should today's White youth be held accountable, via affirmative action measures, for Jim Crow laws? Why should they be accountable, via affirmative action measures, for the enslavement perpetrated not by their parents but by people who acted several generations ago?"

JBnTX
06-22-2012, 13:24
Is this more white guilt?
No thanks, and no amnesty.

If they get amnesty, they'll be demanding affirmative action and equal rights next.
Not to mention the lawsuits for past discrimination.

I'm too busy feeling guilty for the blacks to start feeling guilty for the illegal Mexicans now.:rofl:

Brucev
06-22-2012, 13:42
I have no guilt for anything done to anyone who came before me. Only those who perpetrated wrong doing are culpable. To borrow a phrase from the Old Testament, my father didn't eat sour grapes. My teeth have not been set on edge."

Big Mad Dawg
06-22-2012, 13:58
No amnesty and end affirmative action

janice6
06-22-2012, 14:06
No amnesty and no guilt. No problem.

maxsnafu
06-22-2012, 17:33
No amnesty and end affirmative action

Affirmative Action was instituted by Lyndon Johnson in 1964. We were told that it was a "temporary" measure. It has been in place now for 48 years. No Republican or Democrat has made any attempt to get rid of it. Affirmative Action is here to stay--forever.