Hide and seek. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Hide and seek.

okie
06-22-2012, 15:37
When you was a pup/pupette were you good at playing hide and seek? Living on a farm is great for playing hide and seek you have 15 million places to hide and I rarely got found. I was an elusive MoFo for sure. It's a good thing camo wasn't around back then because I would have never been found then:supergrin::rofl::rofl:

Huaco Kid
06-22-2012, 15:59
You just reminded me of hide-and-seek on a farm we visited.

You could hide. And, you could be found.

But...

As long as you had a shirt full of green apples, for self defense purposes, the seeker probably couldn't tag you.

No freeze.

No tag-backs.

MrsKitty
06-22-2012, 16:07
My aunt had this long piece of furniture in her living room that had doors on the outside. Inside was a couple feet open space. One of the foster kids she kept could entertain himself for hours sitting in there. He'd pull the door almost shut and just sit a while. It might be 20 seconds or five minutes but he'd fling the door open and yell "peep eye!" laugh then crawl back inside. For hours and hours. :rofl:

Batesmotel
06-22-2012, 16:08
Lived in the suburbs where houses were taking over old farms and orchards. Our neighborhood bordered an orchard and an abandoned field that had abandoned cars and appliances and construction debris. Tons of places to hide.

Huaco Kid
06-22-2012, 16:11
Sorry for the other 'lockage'.

Too much, too soon.

MrsKitty
06-22-2012, 16:26

Too much, too soon.

Just don't do it again. :wavey:

Gregg702
06-22-2012, 16:47
How old are you that camo hadn't been invented when you were a child?

okie
06-22-2012, 22:33
How old are you that camo hadn't been invented when you were a child?

I am 52:fred:

okie
06-22-2012, 22:34

Too much, too soon.

No worries my friend:supergrin:

Blast
06-23-2012, 00:59
I would often send my GSD Max to root out hiders.:supergrin:

No escape, okie.:rofl:

http://images.cheezburger.com/imagestore/2010/9/2/ef855bb5-b4ad-4e69-808a-c706a95ff762.jpg

okie
06-23-2012, 05:38
I would often send my GSD Max to root out hiders.:supergrin:

No escape, okie.:rofl:

http://images.cheezburger.com/imagestore/2010/9/2/ef855bb5-b4ad-4e69-808a-c706a95ff762.jpg

Now that's cheating, Blast:rofl::rofl:

Foxterriermom
06-23-2012, 06:41
A bunch of us farm kids would get together and play it at night, only it was a reverse hide and seek. A hider would go out in the dark and hide, then the rest of the players (seekers) had to run a gaunlet through the area. There was a lane that ran through a thicket of trees that was most frequenlty used. The hider would have to catch one of the seekers who became next hider. We actually called this game "Ghost".

I can recall playing this on hot summer nights when the air was thick and smelled of corn pollen while crickets and katydids serenaded the bright stars. We played this game for hours and it was thrilling and exhilerating playing in the dark. The biggest trick was to avoid the poison ivy!

I had an idyllic childhood and fondly recall the days of my youth. Thank you for bringing back this memory, Okie!

Brian Lee
06-23-2012, 21:21
We used to do a team version of it where several kids hide, and several would seek the entire other team at once. We'd get over 20 or 30 kids together and have some really long games at night sometimes. The main object of the game was for the hiders to sneak back to the base without getting caught, and score a point for your team in so doing - you weren't supposed to stay hidden forever waiting to be caught, or you wouldn't be doing your team any good.

UtahIrishman
06-23-2012, 21:30
I was pretty good at staying hidden.

I actually also played it as an adult at night with Flashlights in Goblin Valley State Park in Southern Utah. Very spooky and fun.

okie
06-23-2012, 22:30
A bunch of us farm kids would get together and play it at night, only it was a reverse hide and seek. A hider would go out in the dark and hide, then the rest of the players (seekers) had to run a gaunlet through the area. There was a lane that ran through a thicket of trees that was most frequenlty used. The hider would have to catch one of the seekers who became next hider. We actually called this game "Ghost".

I can recall playing this on hot summer nights when the air was thick and smelled of corn pollen while crickets and katydids serenaded the bright stars. We played this game for hours and it was thrilling and exhilerating playing in the dark. The biggest trick was to avoid the poison ivy!

I had an idyllic childhood and fondly recall the days of my youth. Thank you for bringing back this memory, Okie!

You are very welcome sweetie pie:hugs::kiss: