Galco Miami Classic vs. Miami Classic II? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Galco Miami Classic vs. Miami Classic II?

emt1581
06-22-2012, 19:18
I've been meaning to get a shoulder rig for when I'm riding my cruiser for a while now. I think the Galco rigs would be the best because I sweat like a cat in a chinese restaurant when it gets hot out. I was told that the Galco could take it.

Anyway, when looking at the both of them, which is better?

The only difference I see is that the mag pouches have flaps on the I and just tension screws on the II.

I'm thinking that no flaps would be much better for speed but flaps would be better for retention and concealment.

Any other differences?

Which would you suggest?

Thanks

-Emt1581

swinokur
06-23-2012, 04:42
I use mine for long drives and cold weather. I don't wear sport coats. I just thought not having flaps on the mag carrier would allow a quicker reload.

I got the Classic II and am happy with it.

The Retired Sarge
06-23-2012, 10:03
I have two of the Miami Classic rigs and both have worked very well over the years. No problem in practice doing quick reloads with the snap/flap magazine carriers. They provide excellent retention with the flap plus retention screws. I am considering buying a new rig for my HK P30 and deciding between the MC and MCII. From looking at the pictures and depending on the length of the magazines, it looks like the MCII would print more with the horizontal position of the magazine sticking outwards. Almost like wearing a second pistol. The regular MC with its vertical magazine position is very sleek and compact and the only concern for printing is on the pistol side. Also with metal magazines I like them covered with the leather. So right now I am leaning towards the regular Miami Classic. Bill

emt1581
06-23-2012, 10:26
I have two of the Miami Classic rigs and both have worked very well over the years. No problem in practice doing quick reloads with the snap/flap magazine carriers. They provide excellent retention with the flap plus retention screws. I am considering buying a new rig for my HK P30 and deciding between the MC and MCII. From looking at the pictures and depending on the length of the magazines, it looks like the MCII would print more with the horizontal position of the magazine sticking outwards. Almost like wearing a second pistol. The regular MC with its vertical magazine position is very sleek and compact and the only concern for printing is on the pistol side. Also with metal magazines I like them covered with the leather. So right now I am leaning towards the regular Miami Classic. Bill

Any experience with the Classic Lite? I tried one on at Cabelas over the winter and it felt great. My only concern would be if it gets slightly damp from sweat because it's suede and not a coated/finished leather.

What do you think?

Thanks

-Emt1581

JasonC8301
06-23-2012, 11:16
The Miami Classics are also unfinished on the body side.

Besides the mag carrier difference, the width of the II is a little wider in the shoulder area. Makes it a little bit more comfortable to me.

I also just got rid of the mag carrier on my mcII and put a left handed holster on it. Glock 19 and Glock 2 combo. Balances out ok.

The Retired Sarge
06-23-2012, 13:56
Any experience with the Classic Lite? I tried one on at Cabelas over the winter and it felt great. My only concern would be if it gets slightly damp from sweat because it's suede and not a coated/finished leather.

What do you think?

Thanks

-Emt1581
No experience with the Classic Lite. I go with the MC as I alwyas carry two spare magazines all the time. The two spare mags on the MC do a nice job of balancing the weight of the pistol. Bill