Help a skinny guy [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Help a skinny guy

TheWaker43
06-22-2012, 20:01
I am wanting to carry a Glock 19 but no matter how I try it is noticeable. Other than directly above my crotch. Is there any way to carry in a T-shirt and jeans?

Veedubklown
06-23-2012, 01:30
When I was 155lbs, I could still CC my full sized pistol, just takes dressing around it. Wear some looser shirts, and get a good IWB holster. Crossbreed supertuck, galco king tuk, any of the hybrid holsters are great. Hell, I made mine for about $22. Options are limitless.

SouthpawG26
06-23-2012, 05:40
Have you tried or looked into Smartcarry and/or Thunderwear?

IndyGunFreak
06-23-2012, 06:22
I am wanting to carry a Glock 19 but no matter how I try it is noticeable. Other than directly above my crotch. Is there any way to carry in a T-shirt and jeans?

What kind of holster/belt combination are you using?

I'm guessing you're using a cheap belt (if you bought it at a department store, it's a cheap belt). cheap belt=holster tends to "fold away" from the body. While some larger, broader shouldered guys *might* be able to pull this off, a skinny guy just will not.

A proper *gun belt* will keep the holster/firearm in tight to the body.

IGF

awq134
06-23-2012, 07:06
What kind of holster/belt combination are you using?

I'm guessing you're using a cheap belt (if you bought it at a department store, it's a cheap belt). cheap belt=holster tends to "fold away" from the body. While some larger, broader shouldered guys *might* be able to pull this off, a skinny guy just will not.

A proper *gun belt* will keep the holster/firearm in tight to the body.

IGF
couldn't agree more, the belt is one of the most important items needed. Keeps your holster from floping around like mentioned above. I have the same problem, i'm about 155 soaking wet. changing your wardrobe is irritating, but necessary to increase concealment.

SCmasterblaster
06-23-2012, 09:12
I carry a G17 @ 11 o'clock no problem. My large belt buckle helps to hide it.

TheWaker43
06-23-2012, 09:24
I carry a G17 @ 11 o'clock no problem. My large belt buckle helps to hide it.

What kind of holster are you using? I wear a rather large belt buckle too.

BTW I am 130 lbs and 5' 11" and wear skinny jeans and rather form fitting shirts. I think that might be the problem.

jmb79
06-23-2012, 09:31
As mentioned above, you must have a sturdy belt. That said, skinny jeans and form fitting shirts are probably the main culprit. You'll have to loosen up you t-shirts. Finally, one holster option is the Raven Concealment Systems ACR (appendix carry rig). I know several tall skinny guys who use this holster and really like it. Here is a link: http://www.ravenconcealment.com/holsters/appendix-carry-rig-acr/acr-holster

TheWaker43
06-23-2012, 10:21
As mentioned above, you must have a sturdy belt. That said, skinny jeans and form fitting shirts are probably the main culprit. You'll have to loosen up you t-shirts. Finally, one holster option is the Raven Concealment Systems ACR (appendix carry rig). I know several tall skinny guys who use this holster and really like it. Here is a link: http://www.ravenconcealment.com/holsters/appendix-carry-rig-acr/acr-holster

Thanks! That looks like it just might work.

Lior
06-23-2012, 10:49
My two most concealable modes of carry for a G19 (particularly when I was 6'2"@175lbs) were in a Smartcarry at 12 'o, clock or in a C-TAC at 8 o'clock (southpaw) with a slightly bloused T-shirt.
Good luck.

ventura
06-23-2012, 12:22

BTW I am 130 lbs and 5' 11" and wear skinny jeans and rather form fitting shirts. I think that might be the problem.

DUH
a change of style is going to be necessary!

Veedubklown
06-23-2012, 19:55

Simple, just carry in your purse.

DaneA
06-23-2012, 20:30
Gain weight... Remember you must work around the gun not the other way around... ;)

JJ.45
06-23-2012, 20:37

nuh uh.

vafish
06-24-2012, 04:47

The clothes are just a symptom, your problems are much deeper.

Seriously, you need to dress around the gun, clothes need to be one size larger then you normally wear.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine