What are your best arguments for concealed carry and need for pistols? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What are your best arguments for concealed carry and need for pistols?

CDR_Glock
06-22-2012, 23:00
Mas

I was in a discussion where there was a stalemate. No side was swayed regarding concealed carry and the necessity of pistols. The Antigun Person said that shotguns are fine for hunting, but why have a need for self defense and carry a gun. My argument is that any random act of violence can subject any person, no matter how safe the area can become a victim of a deadly assault.

Random acts or situations cannot be predicted, and unless someone frequents high crime areas, the possibilities of becoming victimized is still real. Certainly, I follow the law and respect the posted signs and policies of those businesses that do not allow carry - they have that right and it will be respected. Violent crimes even occur in more "Safe" areas given the economy today with massive unemployment, people losing their savings, and losing their homes. There seems to be a higher proportion for desperate measures.

I pointed the fact that there are fewer crimes where firearms are not restricted for the lawful citizen. I said that criminals already HAVE the guns or weapons. How fair is not having the ability to protect one's self or their loved ones?

Do you have reliable sources of data that proves that gun restrictive states have higher crime rates?

Rick

Mas Ayoob
06-23-2012, 05:16
Second Amendment Foundation offers a trove of such information, and gunfacts.info is an excellent "one-stop shopping" point for same.

Best of luck,
Mas