Took my new 20SF for a ride today. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Took my new 20SF for a ride today.

B_RAD
06-23-2012, 15:13
First time I've ever shot a 10mm. I remember thinking about 25 rnds in, "this is my new favorite round". Then after another 30 or so that changed to, "dang this is a hot round". I shot 50 rnds of Underwood 180 gr GDJHP( the most recoil/snappiest) 25 rnds of Underwood 200 gr XTPJHP(my favorite/less snappy) and a box of Win silver tip(not as snappy as the 180 gr). When I did my part I was making one hole in the target @7 yds. I really like this gun. I also shot my .357 mag Blackhawk so after about 100 rnds I was a little tired. Haven't shot in a couple months. I can see how the 10mm could be to much for some though. With some more practice and maybe some light grip texturing(for a little better grip w/week hand palm) I feel absolutely confident I could improve my split times significantly. This will be my woods gun. Thinking Underwood 200 XTPJHP?

Noticed a little case bulging but showed it to a guy I know and he said it wasn't enough to worry about and that it should resize just fine. Gonna save all my brass and eventually roll my own.

Now I'm going to finish off the day with some bow shooting.

Good day

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

WeeWilly
06-23-2012, 15:54
First time I've ever shot a 10mm. I remember thinking about 25 rnds in, "this is my new favorite round". Then after another 30 or so that changed to, "dang this is a hot round". I shot 50 rnds of Underwood 180 gr GDJHP( the most recoil/snappiest) 25 rnds of Underwood 200 gr XTPJHP(my favorite/less snappy) and a box of Win silver tip(not as snappy as the 180 gr). When I did my part I was making one hole in the target @7 yds. I really like this gun. I also shot my .357 mag Blackhawk so after about 100 rnds I was a little tired. Haven't shot in a couple months. I can see how the 10mm could be to much for some though. With some more practice and maybe some light grip texturing(for a little better grip w/week hand palm) I feel absolutely confident I could improve my split times significantly. This will be my woods gun. Thinking Underwood 200 XTPJHP?

Noticed a little case bulging but showed it to a guy I know and he said it wasn't enough to worry about and that it should resize just fine. Gonna save all my brass and eventually roll my own.

Now I'm going to finish off the day with some bow shooting.

Good day

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

My first experience almost exactly, except perhaps the bow part...

Welcome to the addiction, er, club.

bac1023
06-23-2012, 16:29
Very cool :cool:

10mm is a great round.