Bill Maher Rachel Maddow on F&F, says Repubs Don't Care About Dead Mexicans [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bill Maher Rachel Maddow on F&F, says Repubs Don't Care About Dead Mexicans

sbhaven
06-23-2012, 18:46
Bill Maher and Rachel Maddow show their ignorance about Fast and Furious and Maher claims "Republicans Don't Care About Dead Mexicans"... (video at both links)
Reason's Nick Gillespie Schools Rachel Maddow and Bill Maher on Fast and Furious
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2012/06/23/reasons-nick-gillespie-schools-rachel-maddow-and-bill-maher-fast-and-
RACHEL MADDOW, MSNBC: I think it is, you know, if you believe that Shirley Sherrod was a horrible reverse racist at the Department of Agriculture...

BILL MAHER, HOST: [Laughs] Yes.

MADDOW: ...and if you believe a guy in a pimp suit exposed Planned Parenthood as sex slavers, then yeah, this is the kind of thing that the mainstream media ought to be following Fox too as well. It is based on a crazy conspiracy theory that the Bush, the Obama administration is fomenting gun violence in Mexico in order to make Americans anti-gun…

NICK GILLESPIE, REASON: No.

MADDOW: …so that they can rescind the second amendment.

BILL MAHER, HOST: Right. It’s kind of the, it's the Right's...

GILLESPIE: No, wait, wait, wait, wait. The scandal is that the ATF, which, you know, their high watermark before this was the Waco standoff, where instead of being disbanded they got to be in charge of explosives as well as alcohol, tobacco, and firearms. They were running an organization, an operation where they were not even telling the Mexican government as in past things where this kind of operation...

MAHER: Started under Bush, right?

GILLESPIE: That was a different operation.

MADDOW: Same ideas.

GILLESPIE: Yeah, but they were also in cahoots with the actual Mexican authorities, whoever those might be. But, so you have Eric Holder saying, “No, this wasn’t going on.” Then it’s, “Oh yes, it is going on.” This is, this is a massive screw up, and there is something worth checking out here. It’s not about whether or not Obama’s going to take away the second amendment or anything like that. Eric Holder doesn’t know what’s going on in the organizations that he runs, just like he says, “We’re not waging war on medical marijuana dispensaries in California,” where they’ve made more raids in three years than Bush managed to do in eight or Clinton managed to do.

MAHER: Should he be held in contempt though? Is it…

GILLESPIE: Yeah, well…

MAHER: Really?

GILLESPIE: If he’s not playing by the rules of Congress, and this is not a straight executive power thing because the ATF is a, is a joint Congress and executive branch thing.
Bill Maher: 'Republicans Don't Care About Dead Mexicans'
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2012/06/23/bill-maher-republicans-dont-care-about-dead-mexicans
BILL MAHER: I mentioned the Fast and Furious in the monologue and I really didn't explain it to people who don't know. And by the way, I was one of those people until this week who didn't know.

MAHER: I heard that term Fast and Furious. It's not the movie, by the way. It's the name of an operation that the feds were indulging in to try to trace guns. They were purposely selling them to Mexican drug dealers. By the way, Darrell Issa, who’s head of the committee that just held Holder in contempt, he was here about a year ago and he said to me back stage before the show, “Are you going to talk about Fast and Furious?” And I said, “I don't really like Vin Diesel.”

MAHER: I didn’t know what he was talking about. This is the two worlds that we live in. I always say they live in a bubble.

MAHER: Anyway, Darrell Issa says this is a giant scandal. I’ve heard on Fox News this week it's worse than Watergate because 200 Mexicans have died. First of all, let me just say Republicans don't care about dead Mexicans. “A,” and “B,” I think those 200 dead Mexicans would be dead even if we hadn't sold them guns. They would have gotten the guns somewhere else. So is it really a scandal?

sbhaven
06-23-2012, 19:09
Another video of the exchange here...
Fireworks: Maher, Maddow And Nick Gillespie Debate Fast & Furious
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/06/22/fireworks_maher_rachel_maddow_and_nick_gillespie_debate_fast__furious.html

jakebrake
06-23-2012, 19:43
i don't know.

i know i wouldn't care about a dead maddow or maher.

G17Jake
06-23-2012, 19:52
Is there evidence that the Democrats do?

wjv
06-23-2012, 23:16
Idiots. . . .

Obama sells guns that kill Mexicans, but it's the republicans that don't care about people dying.

The BS is that no one in the media will call them out on this horse****. .

series1811
06-24-2012, 04:13
To Maher and Maddow, if the murders of a U.S. Border Patrol agent, and some innocent Mexican citizens (along with some not so innocent ones), have to be overlooked to keep O-Nothing in office, they are more than okay with that.

Obama is almost like a cult leader to these people (you can even see it with some of the DU PI posters, here).

Weird, but historically, it's happened before. A lot of times. And, it's never ended well.

Cavalry Doc
06-24-2012, 04:30
Maher us just about the most offensive guy in the planet. I don't often wish Ill things toward others, but in his case, I hope Karma is real.

Bren
06-24-2012, 05:21
Bill Maher and Rachel Maddow show their ignorance about Fast and Furious and Maher claims "Republicans Don't Care About Dead Mexicans"...

To be fair to Maher and Maddow, I vote Republican and I actually don't care about dead Mexicans. Not even a little...like how much I care when I see a dead squirrel on the street...or less.

Not sure how they got around to blaming Republicans for a Democrat plan that was apparently INTENDED to kill Mexicans, however.

SGT HATRED
06-24-2012, 05:23
Sorry, but I really don't care about dead mexicans...

Cavalry Doc
06-24-2012, 05:39
I care about them. I can't do much about it though. Mexico is a bad place to be. It would be nice to see the same level of concern from the media as they have in cases where a child takes a gun to school. They are all for prosecuting the legal owner of that firearm.

walt cowan
06-24-2012, 05:59
mitt cares, he needs the votes.

G17Jake
06-24-2012, 08:25
Idiots. . . .

Obama sells guns that kill Mexicans, but it's the republicans that don't care about people dying.

The BS is that no one in the media will call them out on this horse****. .

It doesn't have to make sense for these clowns to say it.

aircarver
06-24-2012, 08:28
It doesn't have to make sense for these clowns to say it.

Inside their heads, it makes sense ......:ack:

G17Jake
06-24-2012, 08:33
To Maher and Maddow, if the murders of a U.S. Border Patrol agent, and some innocent Mexican citizens (along with some not so innocent ones), have to be overlooked to keep O-Nothing in office, they are more than okay with that.

They tried to overlook it, but when that didn't work, it now seems they are trying to spin it to blame Republicans.

Obama is almost like a cult leader to these people (you can even see it with some of the DU PI posters, here).

Weird, but historically, it's happened before. A lot of times. And, it's never ended well.

They are radical leftist revolutionaries following and protecting one of their own.

Gundude
06-24-2012, 10:25
Bill Maher: 'Republicans Don't Care About Dead Mexicans'
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2012/06/23/bill-maher-republicans-dont-care-about-dead-mexicans

"I think those 200 dead Mexicans would be dead even if we hadn't sold them guns. They would have gotten the guns somewhere else."Interesting quote from a guy who supports gun control in the US. Mexican criminals would get their guns from somewhere else, but US criminals wouldn't? :dunno: