Is the Middle East Going to Blow? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Is the Middle East Going to Blow?

UneasyRider
06-23-2012, 20:26
I just read 7 articles about the middle east ranging from the Turkish jet that was shot down and can't be ignored, Russia warns against issuing ultimatums to Iran... Syria confirms it shot down Turkish fighter jet...Saudis plan to fund 'rebel' army...22 rockets from Gaza; 150 in six days... Egypt military warns Muslim Brotherhood...

So I don't think that things are going that well in the middle east right now. I am also not really confident in the ability of our current president to handle this situation in a way that doesn't get us into trouble.

What do you guys think?

ArmoryDoc
06-23-2012, 20:39
It's coming. The entire Middle-East (and world) is focused on the total obliteration of nuclear-armed Isreal. It's gonna get ugly sooner, or later.

quake
06-23-2012, 20:53
Is the Middle East Going to Blow?
Yes. Can't say when, but I've read the end of the book and it is - someday. Maybe next week, or it may be in my great-great-grandkids' time, but someday it will.

Then again, part of me wants to just say, "The middle east already blows.

Akita
06-23-2012, 20:55
I just read 7 articles about the middle east ranging from the Turkish jet that was shot down and can't be ignored, Russia warns against issuing ultimatums to Iran... Syria confirms it shot down Turkish fighter jet...Saudis plan to fund 'rebel' army...22 rockets from Gaza; 150 in six days... Egypt military warns Muslim Brotherhood...

So I don't think that things are going that well in the middle east right now. I am also not really confident in the ability of our current president to handle this situation in a way that doesn't get us into trouble.

What do you guys think?
Sounds like a pretty calm day in the mideast to me.

lawman800
06-23-2012, 23:05
Sounds like a pretty calm day in the mideast to me.

This. That place has been boiling over since it was artificially created by the Western powers and won't get any better but it won't get much worse either. None of them want to go all the way to total obliteration but they also don't want peace so it's just a state of constant turmoil.

cowboy1964
06-24-2012, 00:43
And now there are reports that Israel may have to bomb and send in special ops teams to secure Syria's massive chemical weapons stockpiles at some point.

lawman800
06-24-2012, 00:44
Israel should just do what it has to do and get it over with.

TangoFoxtrot
06-24-2012, 07:20
The whole region has been heading toward a major war for years with Israel in the middle. I say stay out of it, unless it DIRECTLY involves the security of the people in this country. WE CANNOT AFFORD IT! Our throops have had enough combat tours, they need a break to refit. We don't need another invasion and occupation of a foriegn country ie; Iraq...Afghanistan. The two things this country has to stop doing is being war mongers(for profit) and being the world police. If we are attacked directly...Go in strike with intense overwelming firepower and leave....not occupy for years and rebuild them (on the American tax dollar)to a better living condition before we attacked. Let them know we are not screwing around..and again leave.

Its real easy for folks to type on the internet and promote war for this country, but unless you were actually in a combat zone or lost loved ones, you have no idea how horrible it can be. So this time I hope we can make sure our soldiers are put into harms way for all the right reasons. History seems to keep repeating itself and we never seem to learn from it.

cllrtr
06-24-2012, 08:23
Mr. TangoFoxtrot hit the nail on the head.

Aceman
06-24-2012, 08:37
I hope not. We are simply too fuel invested in the region to be able to handle it.

On the other hand...I really hope so. I am sick to death of us sucking at the teet of Saudi Arabia, the Hebrew/Muslim holy wars, bass-ackwards nations causing me to even have to know their names. And MOSTLY I am sick to death of it all being because oil companies have me right where they want me.

Spinning this into the prep zone: Major Mideast war breaks out and the gas dries up. What do you do?
- Stay home?
- walk/bike?
- Alcohol fuel?

What have you done to prep for such a thing????

Aceman
06-24-2012, 08:41
The whole region has been heading toward a major war for years with Israel in the middle. I say stay out of it, unless it DIRECTLY involves the security of the people in this country. WE CANNOT AFFORD IT! Our throops have had enough combat tours, they need a break to refit. We don't need another invasion and occupation of a foriegn country ie; Iraq...Afghanistan. The two things this country has to stop doing is being war mongers(for profit) and being the world police. If we are attacked directly...Go in strike with intense overwelming firepower and leave....not occupy for years and rebuild them (on the American tax dollar)to a better living condition before we attacked. Let them know we are not screwing around..and again leave.

Its real easy for folks to type on the internet and promote war for this country, but unless you were actually in a combat zone or lost loved ones, you have no idea how horrible it can be. So this time I hope we can make sure our soldiers are put into harms way for all the right reasons. History seems to keep repeating itself and we never seem to learn from it.

Amen.

I'm also cool with "If I need to show up, I'm killing every soldier, man, woman, child, dog, cat and chicken I find, then STAYING in the 51st state" And reaping all the natural resource benefits, of course.

But I don't want to do that.

inzone
06-24-2012, 09:00
look at Egypt, new prez is so much like Hitler its scary!!!!! buy beans and ammo and have a bicycle!!!!!

ArmoryDoc
06-24-2012, 12:02
I say we need to support Isreal if it looks like they will be defeated but we should NOT do it for them. They need to be autonomous and fend for themselves, excepting a worst-case scenario.

lawman800
06-24-2012, 12:06
Amen.

I'm also cool with "If I need to show up, I'm killing every soldier, man, woman, child, dog, cat and chicken I find, then STAYING in the 51st state" And reaping all the natural resource benefits, of course.

But I don't want to do that.

Agreed. After sucking it all dry, drop a nuke and turn it into a smooth glass topped parking lot.

TangoFoxtrot
06-24-2012, 13:24
But Lawman800..we simple won't. We will kiss their a**, get our throops killed and rebuild their country better than before...and as for us we continue to pay high gas prices and dump our tax money into the mideast toilet.

cowboy1964
06-24-2012, 15:33
I say we need to support Isreal if it looks like they will be defeated but we should NOT do it for them.

A nuclear armed Iran is not just an Israeli problem.

thesurefire
06-24-2012, 16:23
A nuclear armed Iran is not just an Israeli problem.

Mutual Assured Destruction (M.A.D) worked pretty well as a deterrent between the USSR and the USA in an indefinite time frame....

BryanG
06-24-2012, 17:42
I am also not really confident in the ability of our current president to handle this situation in a way that doesn't get us into trouble.

What do you guys think?

I think our president is pretty pleased with the way things are going in the Middle East. He has supported the removal of stable governments in favor of "rebels" whoever they may be, as long as they are Islamists.

I also believe our president would not be disappointed with $8.00/gal gasoline or the collapse of capitalism.

I am preparing for the worst and hoping for the best.

emt1581
06-24-2012, 18:01

What do you guys think?

I used to think it was an "any day now" type of situation where someone was going to push the button and get the ball rolling.

I would have thought Israel would have made some country into a glass parking lot by now. Look how many times they've been screwed with!!

But no....usually the US goes on record about a "peaceful resolution" and just prolongs the inevitable.

Unless every other country stands by and doesn't get involved, I'm pretty sure we're just going to see the same tensions, sporadic attacks, and temporary cease fire agreements until the cycle starts again.

Israel has expressed time and time again that they could care less what other countries tell them to do and that, above all, they will defend themselves. Really?? People fire rockets at your country and you allow the enemy to survive?? Yeah, some defense!

Again, I think we'll see the same cycle of tensions, attacks, and peace agreements until one of the countries steps up the use of force to something WMD.

Until then...nope, not gonna blow any time soon.

-Emt1581

cyrsequipment
06-24-2012, 18:36
Mutual Assured Destruction (M.A.D) worked pretty well as a deterrent between the USSR and the USA in an indefinite time frame....

Surely you are not implying that Iran is analogous to Russia in terms of stability and restraint??? Iran is not the U.S.S.R. they are a religious state that has been more than happy to assure anyone that will listen that they are nuts and barely in control. They will be more than willing to set off nukes, because they do not think the U.N. (nor the U.S.) will have the stones to actually retaliate. They also don't particularly care either.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Dexters
06-24-2012, 19:26
A couple of points.
1 - other countries in the Middle East do not want to Iran to have nukes - it gives them an advantage.

2. Both Egypt and Iran see themselves as the leaders of a unified ME - that is where the real friction will be.

3. After the ME is unified under the Caliphate it is time to worry

4. The countries of the ME need Israel to blame all their problems on.

5. After the Caliphate is established many Israelis will be coming to the USA

6. The Caliphate will then destroy Israel

7. The Caliphate will then begin to work on Europe with help with all the supporters there. They will swamp Europe with people like what recently happened with Libya or Castro emptying the prisons or the Mexicans coming to the USA.

Read up on the Barbary Coast wars - the Muslims required tribute from Europe and the USA to leave shipping alone. Yes, the USA did pay.

8. Syria is just a step along the road.

Dbltapglock
06-24-2012, 20:04
deleted

Akita
06-24-2012, 20:22
Israel should just do what it has to do and get it over with.100% agree with that. I'm tired of all the handwringing and whining to the US to do their dirty work.

bdcochran
06-24-2012, 20:23
Spinning this into the prep zone: Major Mideast war breaks out and the gas dries up. What do you do?
- Stay home?
- walk/bike?
- Alcohol fuel?

What have you done to prep for such a thing????
Aceman

Basically, I stay at home now anyway. I had the girlfriend's bike professionally serviced about 2 months ago. My bike is in good shape. I have ordered a detachable basket and a kryptonite lock holder in the last week. So, I will be doing a bunch of biking.

Aceman has the right approach - identify a looming problem and ask what you have done (rather than running around in circles and ranting)

thesurefire
06-25-2012, 00:21
Surely you are not implying that Iran is analogous to Russia in terms of stability and restraint??? Iran is not the U.S.S.R. they are a religious state that has been more than happy to assure anyone that will listen that they are nuts and barely in control. They will be more than willing to set off nukes, because they do not think the U.N. (nor the U.S.) will have the stones to actually retaliate. They also don't particularly care either.

Of course not, but the fact of the matter is that if the United States is openly nuked by anyone, including Iran, we will retaliate with nuclear weapons. This is a fact the USSR knew, and Iran knows now.

While they may try to rattle the cage time and time again, little if any aggression toward the USA will come of it. People are quick to forget we spent the last decade marching soldiers in Iraq because of 9/11 (or at least that was the excuse given and semi-widely accepted). America rallied behind Bush for just that reason to get him a second turn. You really think the US populous would brush off a nuclear attack without demanding retribution by (nuclear) fire? I don't think so.

As far as they don't care if we retaliate, who knows what the leadership thinks. I still think the majority of Muslims value their life. I also think it would be hard for government officials to give up their cushy corrupt jobs to fight anothers war. Theres a reason the people you see blowing themselves up are uneducated and poor and not oil made millionaires. It's a much different ball game when you have to step up to the plate than when you can bribe or suggest another do it for you.

The only country I'm worried about obtaining nuclear weapons is North Korea, and they seem to be at least a few decades away.

lawman800
06-25-2012, 01:08
Of course not, but the fact of the matter is that if the United States is openly nuked by anyone, including Iran, we will retaliate with nuclear weapons. This is a fact the USSR knew, and Iran knows now.

While they may try to rattle the cage time and time again, little if any aggression toward the USA will come of it. People are quick to forget we spent the last decade marching soldiers in Iraq because of 9/11 (or at least that was the excuse given and semi-widely accepted). America rallied behind Bush for just that reason to get him a second turn. You really think the US populous would brush off a nuclear attack without demanding retribution by (nuclear) fire? I don't think so.

As far as they don't care if we retaliate, who knows what the leadership thinks. I still think the majority of Muslims value their life. I also think it would be hard for government officials to give up their cushy corrupt jobs to fight anothers war. Theres a reason the people you see blowing themselves up are uneducated and poor and not oil made millionaires. It's a much different ball game when you have to step up to the plate than when you can bribe or suggest another do it for you.

The only country I'm worried about obtaining nuclear weapons is North Korea, and they seem to be at least a few decades away.

Ah... but you pay those same suicide bombers to detonate some suitcase nukes all over America and who can the U.S. retaliate against? We're not going to nuke Iran for that without proof and by the time our boys get to it, who knows what else may happen.

Another thing I see happening is that a nuclear Iran will use the tool for extortion and the U.S., without strong leadership will just kowtow to the pressure and become a piggybank sort of like how we keep caving to North Korea and giving them money and food whenever they shake their saber... and they don't even have nukes!

cyrsequipment
06-25-2012, 03:56
Theres a reason the people you see blowing themselves up are uneducated and poor and not oil made millionaires. It's a much different ball game when you have to step up to the plate than when you can bribe or suggest another do it for you.

Unfortunately, that isn't the case. Look at the 9/11 hijackers: all educated. Osama bin Laden: educated and rich. The mindset of a radical Muslim (and your point about most Muslims valuing their life is correct) is not like the mindset of the radical Christian or militant Jew. They are perfectly willing to die if it means "some" progress towards their eventual goal of a world-wide caliphate. If they could hit Israel or the U.S. with a nuke, that would be a big step and well worth the lives of many of their own.
One cannot use western logic when trying to determine what an Islamic terrorist will do, logic has no place in their actions. Their goal of total dominance trumps all.

TangoFoxtrot
06-25-2012, 04:48

Its not the population of Iran that doesn't care its religious radicals who run the government.

MadMonkey
06-25-2012, 05:15
Hopefully it'll hold off until I get out of here...

Calhoun123
06-25-2012, 06:13
RE: surefire saying N. Korea is a few decades away from being a nuclear threat.

I do hope you are only referring to delivery capability, because they have detonated 3 nuclear weapons already. They are having trouble with their ballistic missile program, but they are getting help fixing that - it want take decades for them to be a threat.

ArmoryDoc
06-25-2012, 08:11

North Korea has nukes. They just don't have a viable delivery system to get them to the US yet. They do have the technology to use them on South Korea and Japan.

lawman800
06-25-2012, 09:26
So going back to the OP's premise... if a nuke goes off in downtown LA, there's not much I can do to survive it, being 10 minutes outside of the impact zone. Sure, I might be able to weather it somewhat if I was lucky but then what are the long term effects of the radiation poisoning and all that in the immediate fall out zone?

cyrsequipment
06-25-2012, 09:32
Its not the population of Iran that doesn't care its religious radicals who run the government.

You are exactly right. Unfortunately the radical government is the entity that is building the bombs.

Lone Kimono
06-25-2012, 11:55
Bush started all this with Iraq and the current guy is all too happy to finish things off. We would have been better off leaving Saddam in power. For the most part he kept Iran quiet. Now all the dictators are falling and being replaced by radicals in the Muslim Brotherhood. I'm not sure you can close Pandora's Box at this point. It's going to hit the fan at some point...just a matter of when.

wjv
06-25-2012, 13:52
Is the Middle East Going to Blow?

10 . . . 9 . . . 8 . . . 7 . . . 6 . . . 5 . . . 4 . . .

cyrsequipment
06-25-2012, 17:38
Bush started all this with Iraq and the current guy is all too happy to finish things off. We would have been better off leaving Saddam in power. For the most part he kept Iran quiet. Now all the dictators are falling and being replaced by radicals in the Muslim Brotherhood. I'm not sure you can close Pandora's Box at this point. It's going to hit the fan at some point...just a matter of when.

You are actually blaming Bush for "starting" the middle east problem by invading Iraq??????? Do you own a history book?

Sadam didn't keep Iran in check by any means, Iran has been funding Hezbola for a long time.

Dbltapglock
06-25-2012, 17:45
deleted

Dexters
06-25-2012, 18:20
You are actually blaming Bush for "starting" the middle east problem by invading Iraq??????? Do you own a history book?

Sadam didn't keep Iran in check by any means, Iran has been funding Hezbola for a long time.

I was FDR that got the USA involved in the ME.

One reason the Germans lost WWII was because they were short on oil.

FDR promised the Saudi's USA support.

TangoFoxtrot
06-26-2012, 04:38
[QUOTE=cyrsequipment;19130348]You are actually blaming Bush for "starting" the middle east problem by invading Iraq??????? Do you own a history book?

Sadam didn't keep Iran in check by any means, Iran has been funding Hezbola for a long time. [QUOTE]

No Bush didn't start this mess, but he sure didn't help matters by occupying Iraq. Once again we get ourselves in trouble by occupation. You can't go in and rebuild a country you just blew up...Thats insane!

TangoFoxtrot
06-26-2012, 04:42
100% agree with that. I'm tired of all the handwringing and whining to the US to do their dirty work.

On top of that we send billions of dollars there. When we ask them to co-operate with us, they do as they please anyway.

lawman800
06-26-2012, 07:44
On top of that we send billions of dollars there. When we ask them to co-operate with us, they do as they please anyway.

That's been our foreign policy for a long time. We buy our friendships and alliances with those countries that hate us and those countries that love us, we sort of... eh... whatever.

kirgi08
06-26-2012, 08:04
Yep.'08.

Lone Kimono
06-26-2012, 08:59

Yeah, I was a history major at a very good school, so I own quite a few history books. Iraq was the first piece that started this downward slope in the mid east. Google Saddam (not Sadam) kept Iran in check. Bottom line is he kept their regional ambitions in check. Once they had no enemy on their boarder you saw their influence in the region grow.

Saddam was crazy, he was a menace, I'm happy for the people of Iraq that he's gone, but it was unfortunately the first piece which started this. Don't get me wrong, Obama is the main culprit because this could have been stopped (or at least slowed) in Tunisia and Yemen. He also had his Carter Iran moment in Egypt. Not much is going to stop this mess now.

cyrsequipment
06-26-2012, 18:01
Yeah, I was a history major at a very good school, so I own quite a few history books. Iraq was the first piece that started this downward slope in the mid east. Google Saddam (not Sadam) kept Iran in check. Bottom line is he kept their regional ambitions in check. Once they had no enemy on their boarder you saw their influence in the region grow.

Saddam was crazy, he was a menace, I'm happy for the people of Iraq that he's gone, but it was unfortunately the first piece which started this. Don't get me wrong, Obama is the main culprit because this could have been stopped (or at least slowed) in Tunisia and Yemen. He also had his Carter Iran moment in Egypt. Not much is going to stop this mess now.

Iran has been feeding money, training and weapons to hezbola for decades. Israel has been getting bombarded from all sides for even longer. Afghanistan has been the "graveyard of empires" for centuries. Pakistan and India have been pointing nukes at each other for many years. And you state that the problems in the middle east are Bush's fault?

As for Saddam, he invaded an neighboring country because he wanted to throw a fit and then threatens to invade one of the world's largest suppliers of oil. He gasses his own people and can't even manage to defeat Iran with our help (not that we should ever helped him in the first place) he provides major training to terrorist organizations and somehow he was stabilizing in the region?

The problems in the middle east FAR predate the latest issues.

cyrsequipment
06-26-2012, 18:06
I was FDR that got the USA involved in the ME.

One reason the Germans lost WWII was because they were short on oil.

FDR promised the Saudi's USA support.

That is certainly one way of looking at at. I would argue that regardless of what FDR promised (and I am no fan of FDR), given the culture, abundance of oil, fractured societies, and creation of the state of Israel. We would be facing the exact same issues there today even if FDR had never heard of the Saudis.

cyrsequipment
06-26-2012, 18:09
No Bush didn't start this mess, but he sure didn't help matters by occupying Iraq. Once again we get ourselves in trouble by occupation. You can't go in and rebuild a country you just blew up...Thats insane!

Um, yea... sure. Just like we didn't go in and rebuild Japan and Germany... right?

Dexters
06-26-2012, 18:28
That is certainly one way of looking at at. I would argue that regardless of what FDR promised (and I am no fan of FDR), given the culture, abundance of oil, fractured societies, and creation of the state of Israel. We would be facing the exact same issues there today even if FDR had never heard of the Saudis.

One of the issues for Osama and others was that the USA was/is on Saudi ground.

The USA only gets about 12% of its imported oil from the middle east.

If the USA didn't have a presence in the area it wouldn't be a target.

Water under the bridge - historians can sort it out.

Lone Kimono
06-26-2012, 18:38
Iran has been feeding money, training and weapons to hezbola for decades. Israel has been getting bombarded from all sides for even longer. Afghanistan has been the "graveyard of empires" for centuries. Pakistan and India have been pointing nukes at each other for many years. And you state that the problems in the middle east are Bush's fault?

As for Saddam, he invaded an neighboring country because he wanted to throw a fit and then threatens to invade one of the world's largest suppliers of oil. He gasses his own people and can't even manage to defeat Iran with our help (not that we should ever helped him in the first place) he provides major training to terrorist organizations and somehow he was stabilizing in the region?

The problems in the middle east FAR predate the latest issues.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. We aren't talking about the generic problems the area has had for thousands of years, but he blew the doors open to the regime change we are seeing today. War is coming next.

The point can be made that the head of Syria, Egypt, and Libya were (and are in the case of Syria) nasty SOBs, but considering what's replacing them we would be better off with them. That area is quickly going from bad to worse.

I once heard Newt say Bush created a vacuum in the region. That's absolutely right....and now we are seeing the results. I'm not just saying the area was more stable with Saddam, but better with all the dictators that are falling.

I'm not saying this is all on the shoulders of Bush, but the unintended consequence, of a noble and just cause, is what we are seeing today. Obama has let it get 1000x worse.

I just found this article from Senator Liberman.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2011/dec/13/lieberman-war-iraq-helped-spark-arab-spring/

In the end it really doesn't matter how it started. I very well could be wrong. Either way it's about to really go nuts over there.

MadMonkey
06-27-2012, 01:10
By the way, the Middle East already blows :embarassed:

TangoFoxtrot
06-27-2012, 04:15
Um, yea... sure. Just like we didn't go in and rebuild Japan and Germany... right?

Exactly!...and its wrong! The taxpayers cannot afford the expense. If your going to detroy your enemy do it and leave, don't look back, wimper or feel pity.

lawman800
06-27-2012, 08:17
Exactly!...and its wrong! The taxpayers cannot afford the expense. If your going to detroy your enemy do it and leave, don't look back, wimper or feel pity.

Funny thing is... these countries that we rebuilt are doing way better than we are... to the point that Japan was buying up U.S. property at record rates in the 80's and 90's... and even though they had their own share of economic woes, the point is, they have become a world force in business and you can't dispute the German's lead in certain industries such as automobiles... and where are we in the world as related to car manufacturing? Oh yeah, we are about as good as Skoda and other government owned car factories.

series1811
06-27-2012, 08:46
Oh, there is an atom bomb in the yet to be written history of the middle east somewhere.

Just a matter of time.

TangoFoxtrot
06-28-2012, 04:30
As far as I'm concerned the middle east countries can wipe each other off the map. As long as we are not dragged into it. Yes I know that will effect or gas flow...But you know what? ..Maybe thats what we need to break our dependency from middle east oil and to start tapping our own resources.

TangoFoxtrot
07-05-2012, 04:09
Oh, there is an atom bomb in the yet to be written history of the middle east somewhere.

Just a matter of time.

Well if your into the bible, it does say man will consume himself in his own fire. Maybe thats what it means...who knows.:dunno:

JackMac
07-05-2012, 19:00
Arabs and Persians have been at it for thousand of years. Some things never change. Now they have more sophisticated weapons that can reach out like ripples on a pond and adversely impact most of the world. Concerns me. Prepare to defend yourselves.

owl6roll
07-06-2012, 04:54
I think our president is pretty pleased with the way things are going in the Middle East. He has supported the removal of stable governments in favor of "rebels" whoever they may be, as long as they are Islamists.

I also believe our president would not be disappointed with $8.00/gal gasoline or the collapse of capitalism.

I am preparing for the worst and hoping for the best.

Agreed.

TangoFoxtrot
07-07-2012, 05:45
Arabs and Persians have been at it for thousand of years. Some things never change. Now they have more sophisticated weapons that can reach out like ripples on a pond and adversely impact most of the world. Concerns me. Prepare to defend yourselves.

Always ready! ;)

dpadams6
07-20-2012, 14:04

What do you guys think?

I think if the middle east did not exist, the entire planet would be a much friendlier place....

lawman800
07-20-2012, 14:53
I think if the middle east did not exist, the entire planet would be a much friendlier place....

That goes for all humans too. Without humans, there would be no war.:whistling:

UneasyRider
07-20-2012, 15:25

Ants go to war too! :tongueout:

mac66
07-20-2012, 16:36
"The eastern world, it is exploding
Violence flarin', bullets loadin'...
...And even the Jordan River has bodies floatin'

But you tell me
Over and over and over again, my friend
Ah, you don't believe
We're on the eve
of destruction."

Eve of Destruction

That song came out in 1965. Middle east has been exploding for thousands of year. Same old stuff over and over again.

TangoFoxtrot
07-21-2012, 05:55
Iran doesn't help the situaition either with the recent bombing. Now Israel is pointing the finger at Iran.

4TS&W
07-21-2012, 06:20
"she's switching from suck, to blow!". - spaceballs

Reminds me of the middle east..

Sent via telepathy

quake
07-21-2012, 07:09
Well if your into the bible, it does say man will consume himself in his own fire. Maybe thats what it means...who knows.:dunno:

Not to get all biblical in the S&P forum, but...

Read the book of zechariah, or at least the part of the book that talks about a "woman in a lead basket" and "flying scrolls". The woman reference (imo, I can't prove it) is a mistake on a 3rd-century scribe's part where they added a punctuation mark that wasn't originally there in zechariah's writing. Without that mark, the word was "fire"; adding the punctuation mark changed it to "woman". So it now talks about a "woman flying in a lead basket", which made more sense to a 3rd-century interpreter than its original description of a "fire flying in a lead basket".

But a scroll or cylinder (described as 12-15 feet in diameter & 30-40 feet in length iirc) with fire in a lead basket in its front, flying thru the air, especially with the dimensions of the "scroll" given, to me describes something sounds a lot like a missile with a nuclear payload.

Again, jmo; obviously can't prove it. Could be completely wrong, and wouldn't mind if I was.

dpadams6
07-21-2012, 08:24

True. However, it seems the majority of all wars, terrorism, and chaos involving all countries around the world seems to stem fgrom the mid-east. When you have people more than willing to die for their twisted mind of believing to have x amount of virgins waiting for them. And then their families celebrating "Their heroic death". They do not even seem to be human. And there just does not seem to be a way of dealing with that kind of mindset.

lawman800
07-21-2012, 10:59
Ants go to war too! :tongueout:

I'd rather take constant ant warfare over human warfare. Don't see too much ant warfare over anything but food and turf. There are no ant suicide bombers and no ant war will consume the planet.

True. However, it seems the majority of all wars, terrorism, and chaos involving all countries around the world seems to stem fgrom the mid-east. When you have people more than willing to die for their twisted mind of believing to have x amount of virgins waiting for them. And then their families celebrating "Their heroic death". They do not even seem to be human. And there just does not seem to be a way of dealing with that kind of mindset.

Depends on how you look at it.

We see it as barbaric and medieval in thought.

They see it as transcending human cognition in their sacrifice in bringing them closer to their God, so in effect, more advanced than us heathens who only crave Earthly affects.

UneasyRider
07-21-2012, 11:50
I'd rather take constant ant warfare over human warfare. Don't see too much ant warfare over anything but food and turf. There are no ant suicide bombers and no ant war will consume the planet.

Depends on how you look at it.

We see it as barbaric and medieval in thought.

They see it as transcending human cognition in their sacrifice in bringing them closer to their God, so in effect, more advanced than us heathens who only crave Earthly affects.

Interesting post for an American.

jakebrake
07-21-2012, 11:50
when

no if.

lawman800
07-21-2012, 15:26
Interesting post for an American.

To fight the enemy, you must first understand the enemy. Get inside his head. Know what motivates him. Understand the way he thinks. Find weaknesses, exploit them, then press hard for the advantage.

TangoFoxtrot
07-22-2012, 06:21
To fight the enemy, you must first understand the enemy. Get inside his head. Know what motivates him. Understand the way he thinks. Find weaknesses, exploit them, then press hard for the advantage.

Hmmm sounds like a passage from "The Art Of War"

lawman800
07-22-2012, 11:12
Hmmm sounds like a passage from "The Art Of War"

Art of War, Book of 5 Rings, The Prince, it doesn't matter. Any effective engagement of the enemy, unless you are coming from a totally dominant force which has the capability and intention of just overwhelmingly eradicating the enemy, requires an understanding of the enemy.

We have the capability (nuclear) to completely wipe out the enemy. Erasing someone off the map of the Earth does not require any understanding of their mind. But since we don't have the intention nor the resolve to go in and wipe everything out, we have to play the game, with local contacts, with human intelligence assets, with the winning hearts and minds tactic, etc.

Every empire, no matter how great, has had to do the same thing. Romans, Mongols, Chinese, everyone of them had to do it with the local populace, once they decided to assimilate or rule over the local population.

The only time this did not apply was when one group wiped the other one out completely, such as when the Spaniards wiped out various local South American populations in their quest for the New World.

dpadams6
07-22-2012, 12:51
As far as I'm concerned the middle east countries can wipe each other off the map. As long as we are not dragged into it. Yes I know that will effect or gas flow...But you know what? ..Maybe thats what we need to break our dependency from middle east oil and to start tapping our own resources.

Totally agree. The whole area could disintegrate and I would not lose any sleep.

Huntinfool
07-22-2012, 13:32
It all started in Genesis, Abraham's wife's hand maiden gave birth to Ishmael I think was his name.

God said he would bless his seed to be like Isaac's, plentiful as the sands of the sea, but that they would not be at peace with any man. Of course I'm paraphrasing but that was the jist of it.

The Arabs would fight amongst themselves if they didn't have Israel and the West to hate.

Arabs are such a miserable people as a whole they can not be peaceful at all.

~HF~

Warp
07-22-2012, 14:04
I think this exact same thread type appears several times a year in this forum. Sometimes people even say they have info or Intel or something indicating the possibility.

I boy who cried wolf thing going on here at this point

bdcochran
07-22-2012, 15:35
Plus One for Warp's observations

TangoFoxtrot
07-23-2012, 03:41
You guys are right lets talk about tactical hotdog stands instead, much more interesting.

lawman800
07-23-2012, 08:19
Instead of a tactical hotdog stand, I was thinking of a tactical gelatto stand. Think about it, you might not eat pork, but you sure love gelatto!

BR549
07-23-2012, 09:07
Instead of a tactical hotdog stand, I was thinking of a tactical gelatto stand. Think about it, you might not eat pork, but you sure love gelatto!

What are the top three tactical flavors for the gelatto stand?

Should a gelatto stand rely on just one flavor and consolidate all financial resources into a single caliber...uh oh ... I mean gelatto flavor? :whistling:

How many flavors can I realistically manage to maintain with my tactical gelatto stand? How do I do such?

:wavey:

:rofl:

Will I be threatened physically or financially by the hot dog cart if trying to use the same AO for operations and observations?

What clothes should I wear? Should I wear a hat? A duty belt?

How many $500 knives should I carry?

If I have a ten flavor/bowl freezer, I could just sell three or four flavors and use the other areas as concealment for SP items. Don't you think?

Maybe I should just post a new thread..................

.................for each of these questions...........................

..............and I'm sure..........

..........I'll think of a few more .............

.............things I'm curious about...

kirgi08
07-23-2012, 10:13
:upeyes:

snowbird
07-23-2012, 10:17

Our most pressing enemies today are Islam and its enabler, the Left.

We can see this in our State Dept's divided loyalties. Michele Bachmann and 4 other congressional reps have been taking flak for criticizing Muslim Brotherhood penetration at the highest levels of the Obama administration. One of Sec. of State Hillary Clinton's top aides has family connections with the Muslim Brotherhood. Michele and other patriots get disparaged by the Left as "new McCarthyites". But Obama has inverted "McCarthyism"; it's our Bible and guns he's after.

The opening of Soviet Archives circa 1990s proved that Senator Joe McCarthy was right. The US govt, especially the State Dept, circa 1949, had indeed been penetrated at the highest levels by Soviet agents. Congress was right to be concerned about Communist infiltration then, and needs to be concerned about Muslim Brotherhood infiltration today.

We were fortunate back then that there was no nuclear war between the USSR and the USA. Will we be so lucky again in the current jihad being waged against us? Will the Middle East blow? It would help our chances of survival if we immediately stopped all Muslim immigration -that's not an act of war, simply common sense. Remove the imposter from our White House, do some heavy housecleaning at the State Dept, the Justice Dept (remember Fast & Furious?), at our insufficiently defended border, in our schools and universities and media -all more common sense.

Support the NRA and pray. The forces of evil are strong and we need all the help we can get.

dpadams6
07-23-2012, 10:35

We can see this in our State Dept's divided loyalties. Michele Bachmann and 4 other congressional reps have been taking flak for criticizing Muslim Brotherhood penetration at the highest levels of the Obama administration. One of Sec. of State Hillary Clinton's top aides has family connections with the Muslim Brotherhood. Michele and other patriots get disparaged by the Left as "new McCarthyites". But Obama has inverted "McCarthyism"; it's our Bible and guns he's after.

The opening of Soviet Archives circa 1990s proved that Senator Joe McCarthy was right. The US govt, especially the State Dept, circa 1949, had indeed been penetrated at the highest levels by Soviet agents. Congress was right to be concerned about Communist infiltration then, and needs to be concerned about Muslim Brotherhood infiltration today.

We were fortunate back then that there was no nuclear war between the USSR and the USA. Will we be so lucky again in the current jihad being waged against us? Will the Middle East blow? It would help our chances of survival if we immediately stopped all Muslim immigration -that's not an act of war, simply common sense. Remove the imposter from our White House, do some heavy housecleaning at the State Dept, the Justice Dept (remember Fast & Furious?), at our insufficiently defended border, in our schools and universities and media -all more common sense.

Support the NRA and pray. The forces of evil are strong and we need all the help we can get.

Well said

kirgi08
07-23-2012, 10:44
Amen.'08.

snowbird
07-23-2012, 13:38
Thanks, guys. This forum is kind of refreshing compared to some others where DU trolls are thicker on the ground.

lawman800
07-23-2012, 20:16

Yep, and I shall say the enemy knows us and has more resolve than we do at this point. We are going to lose and lose huge without some huge changes in the American paradigm.

TangoFoxtrot
07-24-2012, 04:09
Correct! We have become arrogant in our way of thinking. We are no longer seen as a major fighting force and the terrorist know where every chink in our armor is.