Sticky Holster [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sticky Holster

hydrated
06-23-2012, 21:03
I am curious about others people's thoughts and experiences with the Sticky Holster. (http://stickyholsters.com/index.php) I am also curious about which fits better (or what the difference is, I.E. perhaps the trigger guard isn't covered as much in one) for a Glock 19, the LG-2 which is what the website says is the main holster for the Glock 19 or the MD-4 which it says it will fit also but it would be 1/2" higher. If any one has pictures of a Glock 19 in either or both holsters that would be great too. I am also looking at the Super Mag Pouch. It sounds like it is pretty versatile, IWB, OWB on belt loop, pocket carry, and something called A-Frame mode.

DaneA
06-23-2012, 21:07
Looks to be a remora knock off. The remora is nice for quick trips but I don't care for it for all day wear.

Pepiot
06-24-2012, 12:31
Havn't tried a stickey holster, but I do use a remora holster all day every day with my g27. Having tired just about every style available the remora is by far my favorite to date.

robhic
06-24-2012, 16:20
Agreed. This is a somewhat shameless knock-off of the Remora holster. Looks identical except for the actual surface finish.

I carry a G26 and a G19 in Remora holsters. My advice, IMO, is go with the original. I didn't see the price but Remoras are like $25. Why get a knock-off?

gunowner1
06-24-2012, 16:58
I've got one for my LCP. The quality is pretty good. I've never worn it all day due to the fact that the LCP is never my primary if I can help it. I've worn it to run out to the mailbox or a few quick trips to the store. It always stays in place as advertised.

vafish
06-24-2012, 19:15
Can you reholster one handed?

If not I wouldn't buy one.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

gunowner1
06-24-2012, 20:02
Can you reholster one handed?

If not I wouldn't buy one.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
I just tried it with my LCP and I was able to reholster with one hand while wearing shorts with an elastic waistband.

hydrated
06-25-2012, 10:56
Ok, I see where Sticky does not offer the reinforced version anymore, so it looks like Remora is better in that effect. But I am still curious about the Sticky Super Mag Pouch vs the Remora Mag Holder. Does anyone have any experience with both of those? Also, I am still trying to figure out if I want to pocket carry the magazine or IWB carry. So any thoughts on either of those holsters for either single or double magazine would be great too.

robhic
06-25-2012, 17:04
But I am still curious about the Sticky Super Mag Pouch vs the Remora Mag Holder. Does anyone have any experience with both of those?

No experience with both but I got a Remora single mag pouch and it works. I would say to be careful with loose-fitting pants. The guns slip right out of the Remora holsters but the mags can be a bit tight and thus will come out with the mag so be careful.

Rick305
06-30-2012, 23:40
Sticky isn't what I would call a knock off. I believe the companies or head honchos were connected at one point.

I've been using a Sticky for my G29 for a few months and I've said it on here , it was the best iwb I've ever had. (found it locally , the store didn't stock remora)

Last week when I got my m&p9c -- the store I purchased from stocked remoras so I grabbed one. Great holster as well , the remora seems a little more high tech and made of better quality while the sticky "feels better" -- but i haven't carried the remora that much so I can't do a full blown review.

They were both like $25 bucks.

Tonight I for some reason put the G29 in the remora just to see how it would compare ... (hadn't tried it until this evening) ... And here's my results ...

- My M&P works much much better in the Sticky. Now -- it can be pocket carried :embarassed: :) , i feel dumb for not trying this last week.

- The remora is a much better option for my 29. It felt more supportive then the stickola , and I feel it's a better option for my compact glock because of the material / size of gun / type of material.

End result : I would say for an M&P Compact , Shield , G26 or similar sized grey area pocket-possible carry pieces , go for the sticky. I couldn't pocket the M&P with the remora but I can with the sticky. This is most likley to a better fit , and the texture / thickness of the holster.

They're both amazing products for amazing prices . $25 bucks beats some $120 holsters I've had in the past. They are both fully adjustable and as long as you keep your pants up and wear a decent belt -- you'll forget it's there.

Winner : Both -- if your needing one for a tiny mouse gun get which ever you can find first.

SubKindOfCompact guns - I'd go with Sticky if you want to pocket carry. IWB same as Remora so it's really preference of carry.

Big boys -- Remora No Slip Black. Nuff said.