Some important reminders about the Rules, folks... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Some important reminders about the Rules, folks...

RussP
06-24-2012, 21:01
I posted this a little over a year ago. We have new members and some of you older members have forgotten it.

It was based on an open carry thread of the time, and is prompted by a current open carry thread.

This topic is not here to be debated.

Please read...Please heed.Okay, folks, let's review rules of decorum for Carry Issues.

Y'all remember these from the XVII - Posting Guidelines - GlockTalk Community Guidelines., don't you.2. No foul language. We are trying to maintain a family environment and such language is not appropriate. Also, do not post curse words that are deliberately misspelled or have special characters inserted in them to avoid the bad word filter.

3. No rude or abusive language and No flame wars are allowed here. It is possible to disagree with someone without getting rude. Of course they exist to maintain civility among members, the GT family, and, as Eric says, "to maintain a family environment."

If you call another GT member stupid, an idiot, insane, a dumbass, ******, ****** bag, a moron, or a retard you will receive maybe a warning, probably an infraction and if you persist and repeat the offenses, you will be banned. We also extend the rules to family members of GT members. You don't get to disparage another's wife, offspring, etc.

In these open carry threads, as in this one, it's become common to label the OCers in the stories with descriptors like the ones in the paragraph above. Those actually came from one single recent thread - convenient, isn't it.

Well, I guess you've noticed that other OCers, GT members, find that offensive. They believe that if you're describing one OCer that way, you're assigning the descriptor to all OCers, and some of you are.

THEREFORE, we are going to tone down the language. GT Rules #2 and #3 will be applied to violators.

If anyone believes this is unfair, please PM Eric and complain directly to him.

Thank You,

RussP

Oh, yeah, this isn't limited to just the open carry topic.

Let's dial thing down in general.

RussP
06-25-2012, 12:45
Some of you are not reading this... :cool:

Tx-SIG229
06-25-2012, 18:42
read? i only come here to look at the cool and funny pictures :)

RussP
06-26-2012, 07:40
read? i only come here to look at the cool and funny pictures :)Those can be found here at Post #10, What's your daily carry - Post pictures of your daily carry - etc... (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1395779).:cool:

wmodavis
06-29-2012, 09:40
I for one applaud your new/restatement of the rules. For rules to be effective, they need to be enforced or they are meaningless.

badge315
06-29-2012, 17:21
Are we allowed to use those descriptors to refer to ourselves?

E.g., "Sorry, I'm a dumbass." :supergrin:

RussP
06-29-2012, 17:35
Are we allowed to use those descriptors to refer to ourselves?

E.g., "Sorry, I'm a dumbass." :supergrin:If true, yes...

:cool:

Never Nervous
07-01-2012, 09:37
I've done the spelling with characters instead of letters a few times. I will be more careful from here on. Thanks for the reminder.

NN