White House Prepared if Health Law is Overturned [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : White House Prepared if Health Law is Overturned

sbhaven
06-25-2012, 08:45
Could or would Obama bypass Congress again?
White House Prepared if Health Law is Overturned
http://wonkwire.com/2012/06/25/white-house-prepared-if-health-law-is-overturned/
Valerie Jarrett, a senior adviser to President Obama, says that the White House “will be prepared” if the Supreme Court overturns all or part of the administration’s health care reform law, according to Politico (http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012/06/jarrett-we-will-be-prepared-if-health-care-law-struck-127085.html).

Meanwhile, Marc Ambinder says that the White House is preparing executive orders if the law is struck down. “Their content and timing I don’t know. But they’ve got contingency plans a-plenty.”

JBnTX
06-25-2012, 08:48
"Meanwhile, Marc Ambinder says that the White House is preparing executive orders if the law is struck down."

If Obama overrides the Supreme Courts decision with an executive order, congress should immediately start impeachment proceedings against him.

The president is NOT above the law.

aircarver
06-25-2012, 08:48
Prepared for what ?

Mass Suicides ? .....:upeyes:

gwalchmai
06-25-2012, 08:54
Prepared for what ?

.Maybe a mass exodus of the chattering classes. "Canada - here we come!"

sbhaven
06-25-2012, 09:00
[B]If Obama overrides the Supreme Courts decision with an executive order, congress should immediately start impeachment proceedings against him.

No president should be above the law. However, Congress has to be willing to start the impeachment proceedings and that is something this congress is unwilling to do at this point.

Only way this congress will impeach the current President is if the polling shows that an overwhelming majority of this country wants the President to be impeached.

stsai465
06-25-2012, 09:22
Correct me if I'm wrong, but even *IF* Congress mans up and starts impeachment hearings, it's the Senate that actually conducts the trial, correct? With the current configuration of the Senate, there's no way they'd actually convict, regardless of guilt.

aircarver
06-25-2012, 09:32
How many Presidents have won an election in the middle of impeachment proceedings ? ....:upeyes:

JBnTX
06-25-2012, 11:54
How many Presidents have won an election in the middle of impeachment proceedings ? ....:upeyes:

None, and Obama won't be the first.

Gundude
06-25-2012, 12:04

.How many presidents have lost an election in the middle of impeachment proceedings?

How many presidents were ever removed from office after impeachment?

DOC44
06-25-2012, 12:36
You can't impeach a KING.

Doc44

marchboom
06-25-2012, 12:42
No matter what one does against obama, it's racist.

When obama loses, America wins.

Cavalry Doc
06-25-2012, 14:16
How many presidents have lost an election in the middle of impeachment proceedings?

Just because something hasn't happened doesn't mean it can't happen. Logic fail.

G17Jake
06-25-2012, 16:22
Prepared for what ?

To be a dictator?

engineer151515
06-25-2012, 17:24
Congress passed Obamacare.

Obama just signed it into law.

I'm not sure how one can argue for impeachment?

Jerry
06-25-2012, 17:55
"Meanwhile, Marc Ambinder says that the White House is preparing executive orders if the law is struck down."

If Obama overrides the Supreme Courts decision with an executive order, congress should immediately start impeachment proceedings against him.

DemoRATS would not impeach one of their own and the RepublCANT'S don't have the testicles. Sad! But that's the shape of tings today.

Kingarthurhk
06-25-2012, 17:57
There is already grounds for impeachment with the latest Executive Legislation. However, Congress will sit on its hands. That is what they do best.

If the court overturns Obamacare, and he once again declares himself King and Excutive Legislates it into existance? Even then you think Impeacment should be out of bounds?

Gundude
06-25-2012, 18:44
Just because something hasn't happened doesn't mean it can't happen. Logic fail.You meant to address that to aircarver, right?

Cavalry Doc
06-25-2012, 18:48
You meant to address that to aircarver, right?

Nope.

How many presidents have lost an election in the middle of impeachment proceedings?

:dunno:

Gundude
06-25-2012, 18:55
Nope.

:dunno:

Ah, I see. Allow me to do it, then, out of fairness:

Just because something hasn't happened doesn't mean it can't happen. Logic fail.

Cavalry Doc
06-25-2012, 19:04
Ah, I see. Allow me to do it, then, out of fairness:

Life is interesting, precisely because the end isn't yet known.

I think you're getting it now. No one really knows what will happen in November. That's what makes watching it so much fun.

:popcorn:

sbhaven
06-26-2012, 08:30
From Yahoo News...
The White House had previously denied having a "Plan B" if the court guts the law. But Carney told reporters that "the administration has pressed forward with implementing the various aspects of the Affordable Care Act, and will continue to do so."
Obama spokesman on Supreme Court’s pending health care ruling: We’re ready for anything
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obama-spokesman-supreme-court-pending-health-care-ruling-220216859.html

sbhaven
06-26-2012, 08:40
Obama's Coming Campaign Against The Supreme Court
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/06/25/if-Obamacare-loses-Obama-wins
So far, President Obama, recognizing the respect in which the Supreme Court is held, has edged away from directly attacking the Supreme Court – although he did attack the Supreme Court directly during his 2010 State of the Union address over their Citizens United decision, and he recently and idiotically said it would be “unprecedented” for the Supreme Court to strike down Obamacare. He has instead leveled his most direct criticism at Congress, which he says is holding up his agenda.

All that may change if Obamacare loses in the Supreme Court. He won’t attack the institution as a whole. Instead, he’ll do something truly unprecedented: he’ll attack Justice Kennedy.

Cavalry Doc
06-26-2012, 08:41
It certainly didn't take them long to react to the Arizona decision.

I expect they will react the same day with plan b,c or d.

kirgi08
06-26-2012, 08:56
:popcorn:

FFR Spyder GT
06-26-2012, 09:25
I'm betting that the SCOUSA will rule certains parts are unconstitutional and let others stand just like they did with AZ's law.

kirgi08
06-26-2012, 10:34
Arizona should tell them ta mind their own house,it's a state issue.As ta the "care" rico law,it should be downed in total.'08.

aircarver
06-26-2012, 10:40
Gundude:

Kiss yer little dictator 'goodbye' .....