10mm Witness question? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 10mm Witness question?

J. Parker
06-25-2012, 10:56
Hey good folks,
A fella has the all steel (starvel), fullsize 10mm Witness for sale or trade and he says it's "special" and "he can't find any info on it" thus trying to jack up it's value and blah, blah, blah. He sent me a pic and it looks simply like a fullsize Witness in starvel. It does have an accessory rail on it. Do the new ones have the accessory rails?

~Thanks, John

Yondering
06-25-2012, 18:55
Doesn't sound like anything special. Can you post the pic?

Does the slide have flat sides, like a 1911, or are the sides tapered on the front half? They changed the slides a while back to the tapered design; the new style is not as strong, if you search you can find pictures of cracked 10mm Witness slides.

I had one of the older guns with the stronger slide. It was OK, but not spectacular.
For about the same price range, the G20 is hands down a much better 10mm pistol.

J. Parker
06-25-2012, 19:18
Thanks for all that, I appreciate it. I've always liked the look of the starvel models. I agree, the G20 seems like alot better pistol.

~Thanks again, John

Yondering
06-26-2012, 09:21
The 10mm Witness pistols do look and feel good, but accuracy and reliability (feed issues) weren't up to my expectations. They are pretty much just a CZ, but more crudely made. Too bad CZ doesn't make a 10mm in the same size as the Witness... I did have a .45 Witness that was great though.

The triggers are overly complicated too, with a lot of very small parts, same as a CZ.

J. Parker
06-26-2012, 12:35
The 10mm Witness pistols do look and feel good, but accuracy and reliability (feed issues) weren't up to my expectations. They are pretty much just a CZ, but more crudely made. Too bad CZ doesn't make a 10mm in the same size as the Witness... I did have a .45 Witness that was great though.

The triggers are overly complicated too, with a lot of very small parts, same as a CZ.

Okay, thanks for the insight. I think I'm going to pass.:supergrin:

countrygun
06-28-2012, 00:59
ihave had a Witness for 10 years now and am very happy with it. I got it as a .45 with a .22 conversion and I added a 10mm conversion It runs great very accurate and as as CZ fan I am familiar with it's workings. The fact that it takes just a few seconds to swap calibers makes me appreciate it.

Kwesi
06-28-2012, 08:19
I have Witness Limited in 10mm. I had to return 3 via Davidson's warranty BUT the 4th time was the charm! Costs twice as much as my G20 & it is worth it.

Gary1911A1
06-29-2012, 08:22
There seems to be many variations of the Witness Pistols. Sometimes I think EAA just looks to see what excessive parts they have, combines them and then sells them as a "special" run. I like them, but they can require some tuning to work. It's as close to a Bren Ten as we are likely to see. The best ones are the Elite Series assembled in Italy and not here by EAA.

Yondering
06-29-2012, 18:09
Yes! I almost bought an Elite 10mm, and would still like to have one. Seems like they are a big step up from the standard Witness. The Witness is still a decent gun though, and nothing to turn your nose at if you find one for a good price. The standard model just isn't worth a premium price though.

Andrew Wiggin
07-06-2012, 10:17
It's probably just a standard model with Tanfoglio's "Wonderfinish." I like my Witness but I wouldn't want one in Wonderfinish. From what I've read, it seems that the slide cracking is limited to just Wonderfinish slides. I believe the process hardens the steel or something.