Officially apex'd [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Officially apex'd

Rick305
06-25-2012, 18:58
Just got her back from my gunsmith ...

I got the APEX Competition Enhancement Kit AEK. Didn't hit the range yet -- but wow what an improvement ! This is a very very light trigger ... I'm not going to carry it until I hit the range . ..

The pull until it "holds?" is very very light , but once the trigger is "staged" (I assume , I know my wording is most likely wrong) and activated -- the process seems PERFECT and just what I wanted.*

I think it's the saftey that gives the "hold" before the "click" and if that's so , then I have no problems carrying this and am 10000% happy with this mod.

$101 for the kit -- install free !!! (thanks gun gallery jax)

bac1023
06-25-2012, 20:26
Congrats! :cool:

Rick305
06-26-2012, 11:22
Do you guys recommend the RAM ?

I'm still not really sure what it does

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

XDfense
06-26-2012, 13:53
I just added the RAM to my M&P9c literally 15 minutes ago. I already had the DCAEK but figured for under $30, I'd try it. With the DCAEK, I don't think it is worth it. If you don't have it, I would get it. The stock trigger reset is fairly awful.

jamesbern
06-26-2012, 14:14
I have the DCAEK in my fullsize M&P and love it! I don't feel the need for anything else.

Rick305
06-26-2012, 16:04
Range report : most accurate gun I've even fired. Best groups ever out of a new gun ,Trigger is a glass breaker , staging is superb , and overall the apex kit was worth in my opinion more then $100.

Although my G29 is my carry , I would carry my 9c with my setup with no worries. The trigger is like my dads 1911. IMO they should come from the factory his way.

I would say this is a must buy for any M&P owner. I couldn't get the RAM because my gun has the ambi safety's -- so putting it on would require a bit of work , however -- after my range trip today I'm beyond happy with just the comp AEK. Best polymer trigger I've ever fired .

0 malfunctions , and zero "ad" double tape ... No reason after 200 rounds that I would be uncomfortable carrying it , and if I didn't own a G29 and underwood ammo wasn't around -- I would in a heartbeat. Here's a cool pic I took/made of my gun.

http://img.tapatalk.com/0c6f877a-31ed-893d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

cowboy1964
06-26-2012, 21:25
The stock reset does suck but honestly I shoot the thing just fine.