Holsters [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Holsters

Wil Ufgood
06-25-2012, 21:10
Why would you lay out good cash for a gun and then look to get the cheapest holster possible? :dunno:

To me a top quality holster is a must.

Yes, even if you carry a Hi-Point. :upeyes:

bac1023
06-25-2012, 21:11
A good holster makes a big difference.

Jameson4all
06-25-2012, 21:28
I favor Milt Sparks holsters.

Pepiot
06-25-2012, 21:36
http://remoraholsters.com/No_Clip_Holsters.html
$25
Why would you spend top dollar on an overpriced holster when imho you can find excellent holsters at a very affordable price? :wavey::wavey:

Wyoming
06-25-2012, 21:48
This is one time being left handed was a good thing. When I was a kid in school I owned a S&W 17 6" and a S&W 19 6". I didn't know anything about holsters then. Most of the holsters I seen being used were Hy Hunter or similar and never came in left hand. They had exposed metal snaps on the inside and were made out of plain leather that was tanned with tanic acids. Other words they rusted up your handgun if you left your it in the holster. They were made to fit several size guns therefor fit no gun well.

I found a real holster at a gun shop that carried police supplies. Even though I don't own those two handguns now I still own that holster.

BTW, I just won a bid on gun Broker for a S&W 4506 that included a left hand Milt Sparks holster. That same holster will also fit my S&W 1006. YES! SCORE!

So I learned many years ago that a good holster is a bargain and a cheap holster is a burden.

Wyoming
06-25-2012, 21:53
$25
Why would you spend top dollar on an overpriced holster when imho you can find excellent holsters at a very affordable price? :wavey::wavey:

:faint:

fnfalman
06-26-2012, 08:45
$25

Because chicks dig leathers.

DrewF86
06-26-2012, 09:12
I think like in all things it's important to make a distinction here. There is a difference between cheap and inexpensive. And there's a difference between overpriced and quality.

I prefer to stick to known brands with a good reputation and I don't mind paying a little more for it. I rock a Crossbreed for my CC holster, and I a Comp-tac belt holster for range duty. Roughly $80 and $70 respectively. However I've seen less expensive holsters that I would use.

People who use cheap crap holsters just make me sad.

SigFTW
06-26-2012, 09:14
LOL, Uncle Mikes works just fine for me, cheap and comfortable and easy to pull from.

I will be looking for a good all leather holster for the CZ though :)

RHVEtte
06-26-2012, 09:33
LOL, Uncle Mikes works just fine for me, cheap and comfortable and easy to pull from.

I will be looking for a good all leather holster for the CZ though :)

I'll post a review of my holster when it finally comes in. Should he within a week or two now.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

gunowner1
06-26-2012, 09:40
It's also easy to forget that what may seem expensive to me may be cheap for you, or vice versa. I can easily afford the Comp Tac holsters that I have but could never afford some of the custom leather ones I have seen other people wear.
I say if "cheap" is what people can afford then buy what works. Leaving the gun home is even worse than carrying in a "cheap" holster.

SigFTW
06-26-2012, 09:41
I'll post a review of my holster when it finally comes in. Should he within a week or two now.

For the CZ??
What brand did you buy?:wow:

byf43
06-26-2012, 10:31
Still waitin' to see where no holster is needed.

"Jus' shuv it in-to yor pants and yor dun."

Wil Ufgood
06-26-2012, 10:34
Still waitin' to see where no holster is needed.

"Jus' shuv it in-to yor pants and yor jewels is dun."

:wavey:

byf43
06-26-2012, 10:35
:wavey:

:rofl:

At least you won't scratch up the purty finish on your flannel shirt.:upeyes:

vafish
06-26-2012, 12:30
I think the people with the cheap holsters and belts are the same ones we see posting how difficult it is to conceal a g26 so they want a smaller gun.

A decent holster and a proper belt can make a g17 disappear under an untucked t shirt.

That's not something you can expect from a $20 holster and $10 belt.

SigFTW
06-26-2012, 12:43
I think the people with the cheap holsters and belts are the same ones we see posting how difficult it is to conceal a g26 so they want a smaller gun.

A decent holster and a proper belt can make a g17 disappear under an untucked t shirt.

That's not something you can expect from a $20 holster and $10 belt.

I can get that from a $11.00 IWB holster. :whistling:

RHVEtte
06-26-2012, 13:51
For the CZ??
What brand did you buy?:wow:

Triple K Midtown for the CZ75b. It's suppose to be hand shaped to fit and had a thumb break. So as long as it looks halfway decent I'll consider it money well spent.

AA#5
06-26-2012, 13:53
Why would you lay out good cash for a gun and then look to get the cheapest holster possible? :dunno:

To me a top quality holster is a must.

Yes, even if you carry a Hi-Point. :upeyes:

Well, if the holster is worth more than the gun...........

SigFTW
06-26-2012, 14:57
Triple K Midtown for the CZ75b. It's suppose to be hand shaped to fit and had a thumb break. So as long as it looks halfway decent I'll consider it money well spent.

I look forward to the review!!!

Jason D
06-26-2012, 16:49
There is a lot of leeway when it comes to holsters, as people's opinions on what constitutes a good holster widely differ.

I don't give two craps about custom leather. I don't like cheap ass plastic junk either. I do maintain a couple Blackhawk and Blade-Tech holsters for quick use. I much prefer good old Bianchi holsters. The ones before they were made in Mexico

The Bianchi holster is a good high quality cheaper non custom holster. Some love them like I do, others would look down on them. For what I paid for my Galco V-Hawks I could have went custom. I kind of wish I would have though, as I come to realize that Galco holsters while pretty are not as good as the old Bianchi.

vafish
06-26-2012, 16:55
I can get that from a $11.00 IWB holster. :whistling:

Does it hold your gun securely and can you re-holster 1 handed?