Carry consistency question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Carry consistency question

Dawolf
06-26-2012, 07:58
Mas,

I have basically 3 types of pistols, striker fired (Glock style), 1911's, and DA/SA (Sigs). I love them all, but worry I should maybe be training more consistently with one style, and leave the other 2 for plinking fun and occasional competition. At this time my primary carry has been a Baretta Nano in the pocket for Summer. My instinct says striker fired is the best, as it is a point and shoot for quick self defense (no long double action as with the Sig, and no safety to click as with the 1911's). Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Mas Ayoob
06-26-2012, 12:18
Wolf, people who are constantly handling different guns seem to get by well switching platforms. Those who carry but aren't constantly manipulating and shooting what they carry...well, not so much, and for them same platform all the time makes the most sense.

If you're in the latter boat, find a platform that works for you all-around, and stick with it.

YMMV,
Mas

Dawolf
06-26-2012, 18:03
Mas,

Thanks a lot. I am going to go with striker fire my XD Duty, and G-33 both in .357 Sig (and for pocket carry in cargo shorts a Baretta Nano in 9mm). Will still shoot my 1911's and Sigs from time to time.

Regards