What ride height/cant do you use with your hybrid IWB holster? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What ride height/cant do you use with your hybrid IWB holster?

uaengineer
06-26-2012, 18:27
First off, let me say that Tommy Theis makes a great holster and had it to me in a week from when I ordered it so I highly recommend him FWIW. Just my .02

I was curious as to how other people carry their hybrid IWB holsters (Crossbreed, MTAC, Theis, etc) since they're basically based off the same idea...well, the ones that have multiple holes for adjustable ride height and cant. I'm a lefty (forgive me) and carry at about 7:00 with as much forward cant as the holster allows. I tend to like this setting because I can sit fairly comfortably and still an easy draw for me. I carry a G26 Gen 4 and this helps also with keeping the rough grip off my bare skin a little bit but also leaving the grip close to my body with no printing whatsoever or butt sticking out into my shirt.

What's your setup?

DrewF86
06-26-2012, 18:40
I wear my Crossbreed where my fingers just barely clear my belt. Wearing it low like that seems to really help me keep every concealed. I always wear a sleeveless undershirt so it doesn't rub me the wrong way.

swinokur
06-27-2012, 04:51
Yep, all mine (3) are adjusted for full forward cant and as deep as possible. The more of the gun I have in my pants, the less it sticks out of my shirt.

I carry either a G29SF, a 1911, or a Smith 1076.

My .02.

xXGearheadXx
06-27-2012, 09:07
Comptac Mtac, as low as it goes, with no cant.

uaengineer
06-27-2012, 09:43
What are you all carrying? I've found the G26 is short enough in the grip that I can move both clips down to the 2nd from bottom or bottom holes which gives a faster draw and no increased cant and still no printing with an untucked t-shirt. I may start carrying this way as it feels good sitting as well with less holster inside the pants.

RottnJP
06-27-2012, 11:02
7:00 seems a bit far back to me, but if it works for you, great.

For me, the MTAC doesn't go quite as deep as I'd like, so I had Tommy Theis do one with extra holes to allow a little deeper ride. That tends to be my every-day holster now if I'm dressed nicely. (Dockers & button-down) Either way it's at 4:00, with as much fwd cant as possible.

I conceal a G23 frame with G22 slide length with no issues, even with reaching, bending, motorcycling, etc.

Waterborne
06-27-2012, 11:48
I have found that the MTAC in the factory configuration is the best for me. When I got it, I tried to play around with different height and cant settings. I always went back to the way it shipped and it has stayed there since. I carry a full size M&P9 most of the time but will carry the compact occasionally as well.

uaengineer
06-27-2012, 13:32
7:00 seems a bit far back to me, but if it works for you, great.

For me, the MTAC doesn't go quite as deep as I'd like, so I had Tommy Theis do one with extra holes to allow a little deeper ride. That tends to be my every-day holster now if I'm dressed nicely. (Dockers & button-down) Either way it's at 4:00, with as much fwd cant as possible.

I conceal a G23 frame with G22 slide length with no issues, even with reaching, bending, motorcycling, etc.

Well, after I got to looking at it, it's more like 8:00. (Lefties can't tell time either) Been doing a lot of practice lately shooting from a draw, and moving the system a little higher helps greatly with this. Guess there's compromises with everything.