Jarrett: Blacks should support Obama for sharp reduction in crack cocaine [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Jarrett: Blacks should support Obama for sharp reduction in crack cocaine

DOC44
06-26-2012, 21:15
Valerie Jarrett: Blacks should support Obama for sharp reduction in crack cocaine sentencing

On Saturday afternoon, Jarrett spoke with members of the Trotter Group of African American columnists and with regional reporters, and again outlined what she considered the Obama administration's successes, among them funding for historically black colleges and universities; health care reform, which she said will disproportionately help African Americans; and reducing disparities between penalties for possession of crack and for powdered cocaine.

http://mije.org/richardprince/valerie-jarretts-captive-audience

Doc44

azatrox
06-26-2012, 21:58
That's whack.

Brucev
06-26-2012, 22:01
Correcting the difference in penalty, etc. between crack and powdered cocaine was long overdue.

Cavalry Doc
06-27-2012, 04:33
Correcting the difference in penalty, etc. between crack and powdered cocaine was long overdue.

Did they raise the penalty for powdered cocaine, or drop the penalties for crack?

series1811
06-27-2012, 05:49
Did they raise the penalty for powdered cocaine, or drop the penalties for crack?

You think Jarrett would be bragging about it if they raised it?

One of the side benefits to getting a former(?) cokehead into office, I guess.

Oh, and you want to know one of the harder to see ways, that Obama has wasted money and screwed up this country? They made this retroactive, and the U.S. Attorneys' Offices were basically shut down, answering petitions for re-sentencing from all of the crack dealers after this came out.

JBnTX
06-27-2012, 05:57
Isn't telling that to blacks a little racist?
It assumes that black people have a cocaine problem.

If she would have said that Obama was going to lower the price of watermelons, that would be considered racist.

So why isn't this remark about cocaine being considered racist?

DOC44
06-27-2012, 05:57
You think Jarrett would be bragging about it if they raised it?

One of the side benefits to getting a former(?) cokehead into office, I guess.

Oh, and you want to know one of the harder to see ways, that Obama has wasted money and screwed up this country? They made this retroactive, and the U.S. Attorneys' Offices were basically shut down, answering petitions for re-sentencing from all of the crack dealers after this came out.

BO just helping out some of his boys.

Doc44

JFrame
06-27-2012, 06:35
Maybe Obama is just covering his own *** in case he ever actually gets caught snorting.

DonGlock26
06-27-2012, 06:36
How's that working out for Chicago's black on black homicide rate, Val?

_

Lethaltxn
06-27-2012, 11:07
Isn't crack use a huge problem within the black community? Why would you encourage the behavior?

DOC44
06-27-2012, 11:15
Isn't crack use a huge problem within the black community? Why would you encourage the behavior?

$$$

Doc44

Bren
06-27-2012, 11:39
I've noticed an increasing tendency of the "black community" (whatever public face decides he represents black people today) to take the attitude that criminal law is against black people and fighting for criminals and against the government is somehow a racial issue. That seems like a road in the wrong direction, built by liberals over the last 50 years.

Lethaltxn
06-27-2012, 11:40
I've noticed an increasing tendency of the "black community" (whatever public face decides he represents black people today) to take the attitude that criminal law is against black people and fighting for criminals and against the government is somehow a racial issue. That seems like a road in the wrong direction, built by liberals over the last 50 years.

There is an entire industry built around that. It makes no sense to any rational person.

aircarver
06-27-2012, 11:43
There is an entire industry built around that. It makes no sense to any rational person.

This ..... :thumbsup:

All Pro Sports Hero
06-27-2012, 11:56
What a bizarre thing to say. Specifically, what does it even mean?? I read the whole article trying to gain clarity, but found nothing. It was just thrown in, so matter of factly. Maybe it made perfect sense to the room full of junkies she was addressing. And why would the President have anything to do with such an "issue" in the first place?:puking:

http://mije.org/sites/default/files/imagecache/two-thirds_column/u678/Valerie%20Jarrett_2.jpg

CitizenOfDreams
06-27-2012, 12:27
Telling blacks that they should support Obama is like telling drug addicts that they should support crack cocaine.

concretefuzzynuts
06-27-2012, 12:29
Obama's smokein crack now? That explains a lot.

G22Dude
06-27-2012, 20:49

They dropped the penalties for crack and recalcualted the sentences for many offenders who filed the appropriate paper work. Lots of guys have been hitting the streets, and are being supervised by US Probation Officers in the community as a result of the change.

I would feel a hell of a lot better if ole Val said hey black folks crack is whack stay away from it and you won't need to care about the ratio of powder to rock. But why would they say that

G22Dude
06-27-2012, 20:50

Race hustlers need to make a living too bro

M1A Shooter
06-27-2012, 21:10
might shorten the life of his supporting voters. but then again, they only have to make it another few months.

countrygun
06-27-2012, 21:18

I would feel a hell of a lot better if ole Val said hey black folks crack is whack stay away from it and you won't need to care about the ratio of powder to rock. But why would they say that

AHA, now we have the exact perfect response. Why we have her out there, NOT crusading against drug use, but discussing how the penalties would be lowered, is exactly what is wrong with the whole project.