Anybody else like "detailing" your weapons/accessories? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else like "detailing" your weapons/accessories?

DaBurna
06-26-2012, 22:57
I do!! It's just a fun time getting that "just right look" and the sense of accomplishment after you're done..

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

snatiep
06-27-2012, 06:19
I like it too.......get up Saturday morning, make a pot of coffee, set up the table in the garage, turn on some talk radio, get out the guns.

Sounds like a great Saturday morning to me! (Unless I go shooting instead!)

Agonizer
06-27-2012, 06:33
I also like doing that and I have done the white lettering on all my Glocks. There are those who will bash you for doing it, because they don't understand.

CBennett
06-27-2012, 06:34
No, just clean and done no real detailing..just making sure they are clean.

This said though i wont bash someone for liking to have a nice looking weapon also...I do however when/if possible like to modify my weapons to make them more mine. Some guns like my SR9c...not a lot to be done..its pretty much good to go as is. Then its the opposite with my AK74...I love the base platform and its rugged reliability..but stuff like the sights and accessory mounting options are not there (meaning good) for me stock so i tend to want to modify it...not a ton of tacticool stuff...just enough to make it work better for me..new grip, a optic of some sort to replace crappy stock AK sights..maybe a single rail fore end to mount my Streamlight Strion on thats about it.

ArmoryDoc
06-27-2012, 09:54
Not me. Shoot 'em, clean 'em, grease/oil 'em and repeat cycle. Any detailing I do is to affect function, not form.

Metal Angel
06-27-2012, 10:13
I get in the mood sometimes. It's fun to detail strip a Glock and get any junk out of the striker channel and down in the trigger group. But I don't do it often.

ZO6Vettever
06-27-2012, 12:12
I think ithey look good. They're all yours to do what you want to them. You'll get no flamin' from old Vetter!

Billy10mm
06-28-2012, 06:59
There is a direct inverse correlation to the amount of time someone spends shooting and the amount of time someone spends cleaning/admiring. Those who shoot, and shoot often (more than once per week in my experience), tend not to care very much at all about how "pretty" their weapon is.

The_Gun_Guru
06-28-2012, 15:32
I do not.

No time for that, having kids is a full-time job in itself, not to mention having a job. It looks nice though....I do like it.

TGG

ftw13
06-28-2012, 16:20
cleaning weapons is my zen meditation

blastfact
06-28-2012, 19:55
I make all of mine,,, mine. Be it looks, function or both. I don't trade or resell. So I make them mine and enjoy. :)

hogship
06-28-2012, 21:27
Nothing wrong with adding the white paint to existing lettering. Whatever works for you. I've seen Molon Labe, and 2nd Amendment inscriptions, among other things.....that's ok, too.....

I've also seen things like flames and Punisher skulls added to carry guns........these types of things are a very huge mistake, in my opinion. Can you imagine your Punisher gun being put into evidence in some court case?........bad news!

Race guns, and others not intended for defensive purposes, are a whole nuther ball game, though........:supergrin:......whatever turns you on here, is A-OK!

ooc

Scamp
06-28-2012, 21:33
I hate cleaning guns, it's more of a chore for me than fun thats for sure!
Every gun I own looks brand new, I clean and clean until I am happy, then put them up, but I hate it!

Now my bike, I could polish it all day! :supergrin:

K. Foster
06-28-2012, 21:41
I don’t knock people for doing it but I don’t do it. To me, guns are tools. I’m to busy shooting to paint them up all neat and pretty.
DaBurna, your stuff does look nice though.