Permit holder beaten by police [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Permit holder beaten by police

Ruble Noon
06-27-2012, 05:37
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/its-my-gun-minn-man-beaten-arrested-for-reportedly-carrying-handgun-despite-having-concealed-carry-permit/

TBO
06-27-2012, 05:53
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/i-thought-i-was-going-to-die-minn-man-beaten-arrested-for-carrying-legal-gives-more-details-to-the-blaze/

Sent from my mind using Tapatalk 2

Jon_R
06-27-2012, 06:25
Sounds pretty odd and certainly worth an investigation. Has the department / city or officers provided any information?

Anytime someone is assaulted there should be an investigation. Some are just going to be a lot quicker then others.

Hope to hear what happened.

LoadToadBoss
06-27-2012, 06:55
I guess this is an example where concealed carry didn't prevent this. Imagine if the guy was open carrying.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

lawson12
06-27-2012, 06:59
That guy seems to be in the wrong place at the wrong time too often.

Jon_R
06-27-2012, 06:59
I guess this is an example where concealed carry didn't prevent this. Imagine if the guy was open carrying.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Maybe they just take printing really seriously there.... :whistling:

jph02
06-27-2012, 08:27
Sounds pretty odd and certainly worth an investigation. Has the department / city or officers provided any information?

Anytime someone is assaulted there should be an investigation. Some are just going to be a lot quicker then others.

Hope to hear what happened.
There is an investigation taking place and the misdemeanor obstructing charge will also help bring out the facts. On the surface of it, sounds pretty damning of the officers and MPD. Still, there are always two sides to every story and the fact Mr. King has not already filed a civil lawsuit, especially considering possible civil rights implications, makes me wonder. :headscratch:

glock_19guy1983
06-27-2012, 08:49
that story is biased to say the least. I would like to hear what the other side has to say.

BierGut
06-27-2012, 08:55

+1 on that.

Bren
06-27-2012, 09:48
When a less-than-credibel media source has a story that leaves me thinking "why this guy, out of many" and various other questions, I figure something is missing. The police deal with people who have guns and CCW permits all the time, without a problem, yet this claims that FIVE police officers suddenly decided to attack and beat him just for carrying a gun? The story smells very strongly of BS.

Dragoon44
06-27-2012, 10:31
+1 to there being a lot more to this story. The guy try's to make it sound like he was just walking down the street at 2:45 AM and five officers just "hanging out" on the street at the same time attacked him.

You are not going to find 5 cops just hanging out on the street at 2:45 AM. I would bet they were called to the bar on a complaint. And this guy may or may not have been part of that complaint.

IndyGunFreak
06-27-2012, 10:57
+1 to there being a lot more to this story. The guy try's to make it sound like he was just walking down the street at 2:45 AM and five officers just "hanging out" on the street at the same time attacked him.

You are not going to find 5 cops just hanging out on the street at 2:45 AM. I would bet they were called to the bar on a complaint. And this guy may or may not have been part of that complaint.

Yup..

Also, lets face it, "The Blaze" isn't known for being impartial.

IGF

whitebread
06-27-2012, 12:27

I have no factual knowledge of the case, but I am sure a lot of this guys stories start out with "I was just standing on the corner, minding my own business and..."

ithaca_deerslayer
06-27-2012, 12:38

Not printing would have prevented this :)

DScottHewitt
06-27-2012, 12:57
Either I have a malfunction in my olfactory sensors, or this story smells.

concretefuzzynuts
06-27-2012, 13:03
Well Rodney King died, now we have Zachary King.

Gallium
06-27-2012, 13:40
Well Rodney King died, now we have Zachary King.

Ed Zachary!

Ruble Noon
06-27-2012, 19:15
When a less-than-credibel media source

Maybe the Blaze can hire Dan Rather to improve their credibility. :rofl:

What is a credible source? CBS, ABC, NBC, CNN? You know, all the networks that edited the Zimmerman footage. :upeyes:

EAJuggalo
06-28-2012, 06:42
It's been a bad few weeks for MPD, this allegation which actually sounds legit to me. Coming on the heels of the head of the SWAT team putting a guy in the hospital with one sucker punch in a bar fight.

Downtown Minneapolis has had a huge crime problem on Sunday nights at and just after bar close. Almost every officer on duty in the city is down there. There were two shootings this sunday, one of which was officer involved.

WCCO, who was blatantly plagiarized by the Blaze, is a very reputable news station in town.

DScottHewitt
06-28-2012, 08:13
It's been a bad few weeks for MPD, this allegation which actually sounds legit to me. Coming on the heels of the head of the SWAT team putting a guy in the hospital with one sucker punch in a bar fight.

That is a bad incident.

But, was he on duty, or a private citizen, when he got into the bar fight?

Deye76
06-28-2012, 08:43
Many here jump to judge. What has being in the "wrong place" to do with cops beating a permit holder because they noticed he was carrying? If that part is accurate. Remember, if we condone this behavior from rouge cops, and it happens to one of us, then no whining.