My Gadget of the Week (energizer light) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : My Gadget of the Week (energizer light)

FireForged
06-27-2012, 11:13
This is my newest addition to the cars (get home bag). I am really impressed with energizers new little led flashlight. Just wanted to share.

Photo 1 ( attached to the fridge with its integral magnets imbedded on the molle clip.

Photo 2 ( size cpmpared to a surefire g2)

Photo 3 (beam cast on a wall @ 8feet)

Photo 4 ( in my GHB /cord locked to a grim)

Details:

Enegizer Romeo
1 AA (included)
bright white LED
molle clip
extra red/blue screw on lense ( see tail-cap on photo 2)
waterproof 1meter
push button on/off
polymer construction

Using my eye (seems to be approx 60 lums)

Internet prices $20-$25 (I bought mine on special for $22)

kirgi08
06-27-2012, 11:19
How much.'08.

FireForged
06-27-2012, 11:24
How much.'08.

I got mine for $22 from a internet "Tactical" shop, I have seen them a little cheaper.

bdcochran
06-28-2012, 05:48
47 lumens. Review on Candle Power Forum. Will not fit into molle like the predecessor Pentagon light. If you want to stick it on a metal refrigerator, it would make a fine area light. It doesn't have outdoor throw capability.

One size doesn't fit all in this world. Sometimes you need a lantern, sometimes a handsfree headlamp.

FireForged
06-28-2012, 09:56
47 lumens. Review on Candle Power Forum. Will not fit into molle like the predecessor Pentagon light. If you want to stick it on a metal refrigerator, it would make a fine area light. It doesn't have outdoor throw capability.

One size doesn't fit all in this world. Sometimes you need a lantern, sometimes a handsfree headlamp.

My intent here was to offer a "heads up" on a bug out gadget, not suggest that it is better or worse than anything else. Its a smallish taks light, no doubt. :dunno:

bdcochran
06-28-2012, 16:28
I like the idea of a flashlight with a magnet attached. It has uses just like an led lantern or a headlight approach.

I was simply quoting from the Candle Power website some of the comments.

And, as someone said, the prices range wildly, with Amazon having the best price.