Opinions on CZ75B... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on CZ75B...

ArmoryDoc
06-27-2012, 11:14
I am seriously considering a CZ75B in stainless. I'm curious to know the thoughts from owners about the reliability, durability, fit and finish of this reportedly fine gun. I've read lot's of reports and reviews but I'd like some real-world experiences. Thanks ahead of time. :)

collim1
06-27-2012, 11:25
Awesome pistols, very very accurate and reliable.

Use quality mags and change the recoil spring often. Those are the only two issues I have ever seen with the CZ75.

There are alot of crappy mags out there. Stick to good ones and change the recoil spring every year or two and you will be well served by one.

Baba Louie
06-27-2012, 11:42
Some love em. I enjoy shooting mine. It's a pretty nice service pistol (black paint finish, not the stainless). Heavy-ish. Nada recoil as a result. Get it and shoot the heck out of it to smooth the trigger action. Use snap caps when dry firing (or so I read).

Might want to eliminate the magazine brake if you want your magazines to drop freely. Some claim they are undersprung, so that might be something to replace... might not.

If it fits your hand and points naturally, you'll probably enjoy shooting it. Mine is plenty accurate out to 50 yds making evil soda cans dance for a bit then die.

They sure do look good in the matt stainless IMO.

http://czcustom.com/

Can buy there and have them tweak it to your satisfaction.

I suppose there are nay sayers, but you do not hear too much from them. Rather the opposite.

Jeff82
06-27-2012, 11:58
My "welcome home gift to me" when I got back from Bosnia was a CZ-75B in .40 S&W.

-I love the gun
-shoots like a Cadillac, smoooth

-doesn't point the same as my Glocks so I don't shoot it much. Points more like a Beretta 92
-I don't like the DA then SA. Reach is a little much and I have to shift my grip for DA trigger pull. If I had it over to do again I'd get the SA only version.
-.40 cal version does not fit holsters for standard 9mm versions, slide is cut different

Hope this helps.

Liebestraum
06-27-2012, 12:32
I just bought the 75 P-01, an alloy compact, and so far I love everything about it. I will be shooting it for the first time this weekend and I anticipate it will become my favorite gun.

palmettosunshine
06-27-2012, 12:47
I have one in the duo-tone finish, 9mm that I will never sell. I guess my question to you would be what are you mainly going to use it for? For a range gun, home defense and general overall plinking, you can't beat it. For a CCW, not so much. It's heavy and it's big. Do some guys carry them? Yes, I'm just not one of them. My CZ-75D PCR is much more suited to carry and even its a bit much for me but then again I'm very spoiled by carrying a G27...

They are incredibly accurate guns, very well built and IMHO look like a pistol should.

esh325
06-27-2012, 12:48
My experience with my two CZ75B's is that they are very accurate and reliable pistols that fit the hand very well.

My "welcome home gift to me" when I got back from Bosnia was a CZ-75B in .40 S&W.

-I love the gun
-shoots like a Cadillac, smoooth

-doesn't point the same as my Glocks so I don't shoot it much. Points more like a Beretta 92
-I don't like the DA then SA. Reach is a little much and I have to shift my grip for DA trigger pull. If I had it over to do again I'd get the SA only version.
-.40 cal version does not fit holsters for standard 9mm versions, slide is cut different

Hope this helps.
You don't have to shoot or carry it in double action mode, it can be carried cocked and locked.

bac1023
06-27-2012, 12:52
It's simply one of the best 9mms ever built.

SigFTW
06-27-2012, 13:18
I have the CZ 75 P-01 and it is a great gun! It will not be my last CZ :)

The fit is tight, no slop.
The finish is very nice.
Reliability, shoots what I feed it!
Durability, That is why I bought one.

countrygun
06-27-2012, 13:30
I have 3 CZs and two more on the way. IMO one of the greatest 9mms ever. The DA trigger smoothes up nicely over time or you can send it to Angus Hobdel at CZ custom and it will come back as the smoothes DA auto trigger you've ever felt.

Bob Hafler
06-27-2012, 13:39
I bought a CZ 75 B about a year ago. I shoot it better than any other pistol I own. There very reliable and accurate providing you do your part. IMO worth every penny.

MrMurphy
06-27-2012, 13:46
DA trigger is too long.

I prefer a 92 from experience, but I wouldn't turn down a 75BD.

Tim151515
06-27-2012, 14:08
Love my 75bd. Not a fan of cocked and locked at all, but I sure do love me a nice service DA/SA, and that it is, that it is. Not bad on the eyes either.

motorcyclist
06-27-2012, 14:55
Bought a stainless 75B a couple of weeks ago. Beautifully made, nice matte finish on the stainless, gritty trigger. Much dry firing has started to smooth the trigger. Have about a 150 rounds through it now and love the way it shoots. Grip is the best and points very naturally for me. Has heft to it so recoil is nothing. The first rounds I shot were as tight a group as the Beretta's I've been shooting. I shot a mix of factory and hand loads with different bullet weights without a hiccup. I have a lighter main spring coming for the heavy DA pull. If I can get the trigger as smooth as my Beretta triggers (which I know can be done) this will be a keeper and probably not my last CZ.

dsa1115
06-27-2012, 14:59
The CZ-75B is top drawer.

J-DUBYA
06-27-2012, 15:24
Love my 75 B! I read a lot of reviews and posts on Glocktalk and other forums before I bought mine stating that the trigger pull was very long, heavy and gritty, but eventually smooths out. I must have lucked out with mine because while the DA trigger is certainly long, it is the smoothest DA I have fired. It is smooth and consistent the entire way through and not at all stage-y and gritty like my M9 is. The SA reset on mine is pretty long, but it really hasn't bothered me nor has it had any effect on my shooting. This pistol has made my Beretta obsolete and I plan on buying a PCR in the near future to become my ccw gun. Four of my friends have fired this gun and all four of them want to add one to their collection now.

Diesel McBadass
06-27-2012, 15:32
love mine taking my ccw course with it sunday

countrygun
06-27-2012, 15:43
Love my 75 B! I read a lot of reviews and posts on Glocktalk and other forums before I bought mine stating that the trigger pull was very long, heavy and gritty, but eventually smooths out. I must have lucked out with mine because while the DA trigger is certainly long, it is the smoothest DA I have fired. It is smooth and consistent the entire way through and not at all stage-y and gritty like my M9 is. The SA reset on mine is pretty long, but it really hasn't bothered me nor has it had any effect on my shooting. This pistol has made my Beretta obsolete and I plan on buying a PCR in the near future to become my ccw gun. Four of my friends have fired this gun and all four of them want to add one to their collection now.

funny. i consider the DA on my 75 compact to be one of the shorter DA pulls on my Da/sa autos. Much shorter than the Sigpro, which is as smooth and lighter, but much longer.

Aceman
06-27-2012, 16:26
It's simply one of the best 9mms ever built.

He asked for opinions, not facts.

panzer1
06-27-2012, 17:48
I am seriously considering a CZ75B in stainless. I'm curious to know the thoughts from owners about the reliability, durability, fit and finish of this reportedly fine gun. I've read lot's of reports and reviews but I'd like some real-world experiences. Thanks ahead of time. :)As far as mags go you can get O/E CZ mags from CDNN or Topgun for cheep. As far as the gun gos the best! IMO. I like the BD better (decocker) myself but you can't get it in stainless as far as I know.Just one waning on CZ'S you can't stop at just one. I now have six(6) of them. They are in order that I got them in,CZ75BD,75compact,97B(45acp),CZ40(1911type),P-01,SP-01. IMO you can't go wrong with a CZ. Get it you will love it.
P.S. One thing I would do is get rid of the plastic guide rod & go with a steel one. That the 1st thing I did to all of mine. You can call up CZ-USA for it or get some where eills. I just hate plastic G/R's.

attrapereves
06-27-2012, 18:50
I guess I'll be a party pooper. I honestly didn't care for my CZ-75B. It definitely had many pros, but I just never shot it well so I traded it for something else.

Cons:
1) DA/SA trigger. I really don't care for handguns with DA/SA triggers. The Sigs and Berettas are somewhat manageable, but the reach was really far on the CZ and the pull weight was more than a Beretta 92. Also, the trigger was very stagey and, even in SA mode.
2) The way the slide was designed makes it pretty hard to rack. The rear portion is very thin.
3) I had the "B" model which comes with a safety only. I like to carry DA/SA pistols with the hammer down and a round chambered. The only way to do this with a 75B is to manually lower the hammer. If I had to do it over again, I would have probably gone with the SAO model.
4) REALLY heavy. Don't even think about carrying this thing concealed, even the compact models are heavy.
5) I didn't like how it breaks down. I dislike guns that require removing a part to disassemble the weapon.
6) Factory mags are pretty expensive. I avoided this by purchasing MecGar mags for around $25. I honestly couldn't tell the difference between the mags that the gun came with and the MecGars.
7) Most of the major holster companies only make leather holsters for this gun. No Serpa or Safariland ALS available.

Pros:
1) Just like most large framed all metal semi-autos, I never had any problems with the gun. It ate everything I fed it.
2) I liked that it came with glow in the dark sights.
3) The gun feels really nice in the hand, although I think Glocks feel just as nice.
4) The price is right. I believe I paid slightly less than $500 new for it.
5) The gun is pretty appealing to the eyes. Adding some nice wooden grips really makes it shine.

bac1023
06-27-2012, 19:32
He asked for opinions, not facts.

I guess that would a fact and an opinion then. ;)

B_RAD
06-27-2012, 19:47
I guess I'll be a party pooper.

I'll kind of join you.

While I like them and would like another, I prefer other types of pistols for every type of use(e.g. HD, SD, target). I do love the grip ergos, though! Probably better than any other type of handgun except the 1911. The things I don't like about the CZ's are the slide design. Not because it causes problems with function but because for me it's a little more difficult to grab to rack the slide. This probably isn't a problem with proper practice but I just think that I would have a problem with gripping the slide at the worst possible time. The factory mags are kind of expensive or at least from what I've seen. I prefer the take down of other guns better. I don't like the DA trigger. But like I said I would like to get another since I sold my last one. However, I would have to come across a good deal to buy one.

Just my $.02.

Raven1967
06-27-2012, 21:24
CZs rock mine has been flawless...

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f104/chichlid67/DSC02167.jpg

panzer1
06-27-2012, 21:39
Just a note: Mecger mags Are stock mags. Like most guns you buy.

ArmoryDoc
06-27-2012, 23:10
Wow. Some really great info you guys provided. I really appreciate it. That really mirrors what I've been finding about the gun acorss the webz. So, it sounds like a good gun overall. And I love the lines. What a quandary. ;)

Sheepdog Scout
06-28-2012, 01:15
I love 'em. I don't have anything extra to add that hasn't already been said.

CZ 75BD Police (decocker)
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i302/Master_Mold/DSC00890.jpg

Pre-b with safety
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i302/Master_Mold/DSC00815.jpg

Bob Hafler
06-28-2012, 04:33
When you pick up a CZ, it's like the gun through a party for your hand. No pistol fits my hand like a CZ 75 series pistol.
There egos make them great natural pointers.

motorcyclist
06-28-2012, 05:24
http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii530/jdorn58/014.jpg

Maybe this will help make up your mind.

TJx
06-28-2012, 06:03
Love my 75 B! I read a lot of reviews and posts on Glocktalk and other forums before I bought mine stating that the trigger pull was very long, heavy and gritty, but eventually smooths out. I must have lucked out with mine because while the DA trigger is certainly long, it is the smoothest DA I have fired. It is smooth and consistent the entire way through and not at all stage-y and gritty like my M9 is.

I've had CZ75B a week now and the DA out of the box pull puts my Beretta 92FS with "D" spring and Elite II hammer upgrades to shame.
After 2 range sessions I'm already shooting it better than my PPQ which was the easiest to shoot accurately out of the box gun for me.
After maybe another range session I think I'll be able to say it is my favorite SA/DA I've owned. I carry a G19, love Hi Powers and have owned 92FS, Sigs, HK.

SigFTW
06-28-2012, 06:29
Here's some eye candy for you.
http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg558/SigFTW1/CZ75P-01.jpg

Golddog
06-28-2012, 07:34
I've got both matte and polished stainless 75 B's, along with three other CZ's, and I've owned another dozen or so in various iterations (all in 9mm, accept for a .22 Kadet). They're beautiful, well-balanced pistols with great ergonomics, sterling reliability, and wonderful accuracy.

I dislike the decock models and prefer the cocked and locked versions with their SA first-shot capability. The DA pull is too long for my tastes, but I never have to use it because I carry cocked and locked. I've had two of my CZ's ( a Rami and a matte stainless 75) converted to SAO by CZ Custom, giving them 2 1/2 lb. trigger pulls that are comparable to very good 1911's. The stock factory pull on the 75 SA is terrific, but that gun is not available in stainless.

The comments about spring replacement seem overwrought - I've put thousands of rounds through CZ's, going back a decade, and I've never had to replace springs or any other parts. The stock plastic guide rods show no wear at all, so I see no reason to change them, either. Mec-Gar makes the factory mags, I believe, and I've found both Mec-Gar-branded and factory hi-caps for under $20.

I haven't shopped for holsters for awhile, but I've got a drawerful of top-quality OWB, IWB, and shoulder rigs, in leather or Kydex, for my CZ's, from the best small shops as well as the bigger makers. None of them was hugely expensive and all were readily available. The 25 oz. Rami (unloaded weight) is my usual carry gun, but the 35 oz. full-size 75's (unloaded weight) carry comfortably, even on my skinny frame, with a good leather gun belt and a Comp-Tac or Crossbreed Kydex IWB or one of HBE's handsome leather IWB's.

I've owned a large number of handguns. After I found CZ's, all the rest got sold.

Buskerman
06-28-2012, 08:56
I am seriously considering a CZ75B in stainless. I'm curious to know the thoughts from owners about the reliability, durability, fit and finish of this reportedly fine gun. I've read lot's of reports and reviews but I'd like some real-world experiences. Thanks ahead of time. :)

I have a stainless about 5 years old with the short straight beavertail shoots fantastic never a problem.
I have used all types of mags and never have had to change anything .
Also have a Black Polycoat 75B with the newer upswept beavertail - also shoots great
You can't go wrong with a CZ, I like the all steel ones, sold all my alloy ones . I sold one of my alloy guns (pcr) 8000 rounds through it -- now has over 20,000 rounds through it with no problems .

another plus is the 22 conversion kit that is machined not stamped & stays open after the last shot. a worthwhile addition.
FYI

ArmoryDoc
06-28-2012, 09:21
These are some really compelling arguments "for" the 75B. Oh, and the teaser pic ? Shame on you. That's a beautiful shootin' iron for certain. ;)

So the question still somewhat lingering in my head is, with the 75B you have the option of carrying cocked and locked with that model ? I'm a 1911 fan so that would be something I would be interested in. If so, how's the reset ? Long ? Positive ?

TJx
06-28-2012, 09:51
These are some really compelling arguments "for" the 75B. Oh, and the teaser pic ? Shame on you. That's a beautiful shootin' iron for certain. ;)

So the question still somewhat lingering in my head is, with the 75B you have the option of carrying cocked and locked with that model ? I'm a 1911 fan so that would be something I would be interested in. If so, how's the reset ? Long ? Positive ?

Yes, B model cocked and locked. DA will always require manually lowering hammer on a live round.
Reset is fairly long and positive.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii177/AHidell/CZ75B-120625-002.jpg

J-DUBYA
06-28-2012, 13:52
funny. i consider the DA on my 75 compact to be one of the shorter DA pulls on my Da/sa autos. Much shorter than the Sigpro, which is as smooth and lighter, but much longer.

I mispoke there. I meant to say that the trigger reach felt long to me. The actual trigger stroke in DA is not very long at all.

GlockinNJ
06-28-2012, 14:02
I just picked up my matte SS 75B yesterday. It's a beautiful gun. Only 150 flawless rounds so far, but it fits the hand very well and accuracy seems good for me so far.

fnfalman
06-28-2012, 14:37
You gotta pimp it Eastern European style.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f308/fnfalman/Guns/CZ75Bs/RimfireWeekend036.jpg
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f308/fnfalman/Guns/CZ75B%20SS%20n%20Colt%20El%20Centauro/CZ75SSNewGrip2.jpg

kahrcarrier
06-28-2012, 15:00
I retrieved mine from layaway a couple of weeks ago........

http://i45.tinypic.com/14bm91j.jpg

countrygun
06-28-2012, 15:46
The CZ system grows on you

http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu208/countrygun/IM002805.jpg

oldnoob
06-28-2012, 16:34
Only con I can think of is difficult to detail clean and maybe the small surface area for hands to rack the slide.

My CZ75 SA. Best trigger out of box in their entry line.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/johell/My%20gun/CZ75BSA.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/johell/My%20gun/CZ75BSApointdown.jpg

Diesel McBadass
06-28-2012, 22:03
i will say plastic grips suck, my g10 vz grips rule though, od and black, looks cool and performs like a champ

ArmoryDoc
06-28-2012, 22:20
Those are some great looking CZ's. fnfalman, can you hit that watch at 25 yards with yours ? LOL. Nice pics guys. Wow.

GlockinNJ
06-29-2012, 05:48
CZs rock mine has been flawless...

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f104/chichlid67/DSC02167.jpg

That gun looks awesome.

doolyd
06-29-2012, 07:32
The smallish slide does make it very difficult to rack. I would check that out before you purchase. I have to actually use the rear sight to grab onto in order to rack the slide....not a good idea.

SigFTW
06-29-2012, 07:39
The smallish slide does make it very difficult to rack. I would check that out before you purchase. I have to actually use the rear sight to grab onto in order to rack the slide....not a good idea.

It's easy for me, but I have gorilla grip:nsb:

Gary1911A1
06-29-2012, 07:51
Great pistol. In my opinion a better design than a Browning Hi-Power in many ways except for perhaps a small gripping area on the rear so the slide for cycling the slide and the first ones were dished out in that area so it wasn't so bad.

Bob Hafler
06-29-2012, 07:52
Hard to rack the slide? Your kidding right? This I do not undstand at all. I'm 66 years old with construction worker hands that have been beat to death and I have "O" problems racking the slide even with hands soaked with REEM Oil. :faint:

ArmoryDoc
06-29-2012, 11:28
Well, this thread pretty much convinces me that the CZ75B will soon be in the stable. Thanks for the info guys, yours has been the icing on the cake. ;)

countrygun
06-29-2012, 11:50
Hard to rack the slide? Your kidding right? This I do not undstand at all. I'm 66 years old with construction worker hands that have been beat to death and I have "O" problems racking the slide even with hands soaked with REEM Oil. :faint:

I'm right there with you Bro'

I don't understand it at all, but they do serve some lovely cheese with the whine.

B_RAD
06-29-2012, 12:07
I'm right there with you Bro'

I don't understand it at all, but they do serve some lovely cheese with the whine.

I feel the slide design doesn't offer as good of area to grip when racking the slide. Not that it can't be done with ease, every other design(CZ is the only design I know of like this) has more surface area to grab. The larger surface area could be more forgiving under certain circumstances. That's really my main dislike of the CZ design.

Just my opinion.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Gary1911A1
06-30-2012, 14:20

Not hard. The area is just small enough to make cycling under speed hard to do. Not like a 1911 at all.

BOOSTED12A
06-30-2012, 20:54
i like mine. came across this shiney thing in a pawn shop and it followed me home.

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv360/pugs1377/guns/DSC01510.jpg

M&P Shooter
06-30-2012, 20:59
The sexiest gun of all time and what the Glock 17 dreams about at night. Very accurate and very reliable:wavey:

ArmoryDoc
06-30-2012, 21:35
That is one fine looking gun.

gbanker
06-30-2012, 22:48
CZ is awesome. My Sp 01 is a tack driver!

BOOSTED12A
06-30-2012, 22:57
thanks, it shoots better than it looks too! i bought it cause i thought it was cool looking but im sold on the brand now. ill get a 97B some day too.

fnfalman
06-30-2012, 23:08
i like mine. came across this shiney thing in a pawn shop and it followed me home.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one with a bright polished CZ.:cool:

Lior
06-30-2012, 23:31
4) REALLY heavy. Don't even think about carrying this thing concealed, even the compact models are heavy.

Would beg to differ on this point, Sir. I routinely conceal a CZ Shadow (3 lbs loaded) in a Remora or SmartCarry. Despite being a thoroughbred full size racegun, nobody can tell I'm armed when I wear it this way.

Here's a picture of Veronika as we're talking about CZ's in this here thread:
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/284100_10150274155394700_7036792_n.jpg

fnfalman
07-01-2012, 05:06
I landed this funky two-tones even before CZ imported the "Tactical Package" (two-tones but in reverse pattern than mine AND with an accompanied crappy folding knife).

Never did figure out where the heck my two-tones came from. Never seen another one like it either.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f308/fnfalman/Guns/CZ75Bs/CZ75B.jpg

bac1023
07-01-2012, 08:55
I feel the slide design doesn't offer as good of area to grip when racking the slide. Not that it can't be done with ease, every other design(CZ is the only design I know of like this) has more surface area to grab. The larger surface area could be more forgiving under certain circumstances. That's really my main dislike of the CZ design.

Just my opinion.

Well, the slide rides inside the frame like the Sig P210. The Sig doesn't have much slide area to get your fingers on either.

TJx
07-01-2012, 10:04
The lack of surface area on the CZ75 slide is not a big deal for me racking it and it is one areas that matters to me quite a bit.
The Polycoat finish was one of the many pleasant surprises. I was expecting cheap looking and slippery like many manufacturers seem to be obsessed with but the Polycoat has a texture close to parkerized which helps a lot. The PPQ for example, between the slippery finish, slide shape, shallow cocking serrations, and heavy recoil spring truly sucks in the slide racking department.
If anyone doubts me on the PPQ, run some jam clearing drills with sweaty hands next to Glock 19.
The CZ I would rate about average, bearing in mind also you only have a 14 lb recoil and 20 lb hammer spring weight to overcome which helps.

B_RAD
07-01-2012, 10:20
Well, the slide rides inside the frame like the Sig P210. The Sig doesn't have much slide area to get your fingers on either.

I don't think I've ever seen a P210. If I have, it's been just glancing over in the case at a lgs. I really like the CZ75 but I'd rather have a Glock for carry/SD/HD/IDPA. I'd rather have a 1911 for target shooting. There's really not a niche that I'd chose the CZ for over other types. The CZ's are built like tanks and I've heard that it's the most used design world wide by militaries. Just not my first choice for anything. I'm rambling I know......

Bob Hafler
07-01-2012, 11:21

Gary1911A1
This is what I was replying to. (very difficult to rack.) Not your reply.

jason78
07-01-2012, 13:06
I love my cz75dao, but how do you know if it is a 'B' model? I would like to get some more mags but don't know which will fit?

Diesel McBadass
07-01-2012, 16:13
Cz had a couple failures to go into battery today, any idea on a fix?

Bob Hafler
07-01-2012, 16:18

I honestly couldn't tell you. Never heard of that happening before with a CZ. I know neither my friends or myself have never had any sort of problems.

countrygun
07-01-2012, 16:24

If it occurs again (assuming you did fire those rounds) I would field strip the gun and see if the rounds were a "good" fit to the chamber, as a first step.

A tight chamber or badly sized rounds, weak spring, weak ammo, schmutz in the slide-frame-barrel area, and bad mags causing the follower or other rounds to pop up are the main causes.

Diesel McBadass
07-01-2012, 16:30
slide just stopped 1/4 inch fron closing, round was on feed ramp just dint close up

countrygun
07-01-2012, 16:50
slide just stopped 1/4 inch fron closing, round was on feed ramp just dint close up

The only times, with a new gun, that I have had that problem was lack of lube or a fit that was too tight at the muzzle bushing on a 1911. It cleared up before 50 rds and never occured again.

Once the round is in the chamber and the slide is almost home it becomes a matter of a few simple things, usually obvious in a field strip. Give it a once over from the muzzle to barrel fit, the locking lug on barrel and slide, the chamber/ammo dimesions, breech face, under barrel lug and pin, magazine.

PM me if you want me to walk you through the check list with my CZ in hand.

palmettosunshine
07-01-2012, 17:07
I don't think I've ever seen a P210. If I have, it's been just glancing over in the case at a lgs. I really like the CZ75 but I'd rather have a Glock for carry/SD/HD/IDPA. I'd rather have a 1911 for target shooting. There's really not a niche that I'd chose the CZ for over other types. The CZ's are built like tanks and I've heard that it's the most used design world wide by militaries. Just not my first choice for anything. I'm rambling I know......

And you obviously don't own one, so what makes you qualified to comment?

raven11
07-01-2012, 17:15

That is like a glocktalk tradition :rofl:

Bob Hafler
07-01-2012, 17:38
That is like a glocktalk tradition :rofl:
Who'd a thought that members would talk about things they know nothing about.

Diesel McBadass If the rounds aren't deformed Field stip the gun and give it a good cleaning and lubing. From my experiences with CZ's they chamber rounds pretty effortlessly. If it continues sent it back to CZ. There a stand up company from what I've heard. I've never had to use them though.

Golddog
07-01-2012, 18:55
Since my 75's have 18 or 19 round magazines plus one in the chamber, racking the slide doesn't seem to be a major concern. If I can't get the bad guy with all that ammo, I probably won't be alive to insert and rack a new mag, anyway.

B_RAD
07-01-2012, 19:48

So I can't comment unless I own one of every gun ever made? Wow! I love it when people get all high and mighty on here. I bet there's no chance at all you've had an opinion on something you didn't personally have experiance with. What exactly did I comment about anyways? I never made a comment about a Sig 210. I simply stated that I've never seen one. I commented on the CZ 75 slide design, which I've handled and owened. I've said this in earlier comments. This is just one persons OPINION about a gun, I don't understand why people get so sensitive.

B_RAD
07-01-2012, 20:00
Who'd a thought that members would talk about things they know nothing about.

Diesel McBadass If the rounds aren't deformed Field stip the gun and give it a good cleaning and lubing. From my experiences with CZ's they chamber rounds pretty effortlessly. If it continues sent it back to CZ. There a stand up company from what I've heard. I've never had to use them though.

Not sure what you're getting at here, but if this is to insinuate that I was talking about things I know nothing about, please read my response a post or two up. Would this mean you're guilty of talking about something you know nothing about? If I've misinterpreted your comment please disregard..

Baba Louie
07-02-2012, 05:46
Yes, due to Petter's P210 inside rail slide/frame design being copied, the slide up top is thin-ish when compared to a Browning design with the slide riding outside the frame rails.

Some like it, while others, apparently, are critical of same.

The only other criticism I've ever read about the 75 platform is the slide stop issue... or non issue, whichever the case may be. I'm sure anyone using their google-fu can find that online (I recall it being on TFL at one time or another, if memory serves).

Diesel McBad, ammo used when your FTF occurred...(?) new, reloads, clean brass, grungy, ball, jhp? New gun or older? Recoil & springs new or old? You run it wet or dry? How clean was the ammo? Sometimes fouling or unburned bits and pieces... well, you know. Some ammo is better (cleaner burning) than others, hotter than others, etc.

Just curious as these would be the questions I'd be looking at, as well as how clean the chamber was at that point. If it was the 500th round you'd shot that day, might be one thing. If it was in your first magazine of the day in a clean, freshly lubed gun, that's another.

Diesel McBadass
07-02-2012, 07:44
any advice on what lube czs like?

Baba Louie
07-02-2012, 09:12
any advice on what lube czs like?I use whatever I have on hand, ranging from Hoppes to Mobil1. I've even used white lithium grease once or twice. Other than the glocks, I tend to run more wet than dry and prefer oil to grease. Being up in Maine, don't think I'd use grease if winter/cold weather shooting was in the cards. Here in the Vegas heat, I suppose I have other issues like a nice dry heat to contend with and some occasional grit in the air on windy days.

I think CZ recommends breakfree, but others swear by FP10 or militec.

Bob Hafler
07-02-2012, 09:15
Few drops of Mobil One works as good as anything else on a CZ.

irishbum
07-02-2012, 16:35
MMMMMMHHH CZ!!!

http://i46.tinypic.com/2evz0c1.jpg

Now I just need a threaded barrel so my dreams can become a reality. Hint Hint CZ-USA!!

irishbum
07-02-2012, 16:39

I agree with lube or weak spring. I use Hoppe's oil & never seen any issues.

countrygun
07-02-2012, 17:33

I wouldn't have a handgun that was too picky about lube, but IME "inside rail" designs like the CZ tend to like them on the lighter side, like a very light grease or an oil.

palmettosunshine
07-02-2012, 20:58
So I can't comment unless I own one of every gun ever made? Wow! I love it when people get all high and mighty on here. I bet there's no chance at all you've had an opinion on something you didn't personally have experiance with. What exactly did I comment about anyways? I never made a comment about a Sig 210. I simply stated that I've never seen one. I commented on the CZ 75 slide design, which I've handled and owened. I've said this in earlier comments. This is just one persons OPINION about a gun, I don't understand why people get so sensitive.

Dude, you can't even spell "owned" or "experience" for that matter. What makes you think people would take your OPINION seriously????

B_RAD
07-02-2012, 21:11
Dude, you can't even spell "owned" or "experience" for that matter. What makes you think people would take your OPINION seriously????

Yep... You're a troll! 3 post count. That probably means you had to create a new account because you were banned. As for your comment, since I misspelled two words anything I have to say is invalid? You can't offer a rebuttal so you try to take the focus off your ignorant original comment.

JAS104
07-02-2012, 21:13
Yep... You're a troll! 3 post count. That probably means you had to create a new account because you were banned. As for your comment, since I missmisspelled two words anything I have to say is invalid? You can't offer a rebuttal so you try to take the focus off your ignorant original comment.

We no spell good. We no smart. :P

-J

B_RAD
07-02-2012, 21:16
We no spell good. We no smart. :P

-J

I do suck at speling.....

SigFTW
07-03-2012, 06:53
I wish CZ would make a 10mm:whistling:

Tim151515
07-03-2012, 07:15

Just get an EAA CZ clone. Its like the Glock 20's all steel brother. This particular one is called a K2 Sarsilmaz, and comes in all 4 calibers. I have never tried them, as I am more of a 9mm/45 guy, so there is no need from me to stray from the OG, but I have heard nothing but great things about them. I guess their the Turkish Army's sidearm, and the pricepoint is on par with a 75. (and yes, the model pictured if 45acp, but it does come in 10mm as I said.)
http://www.hunt101.com/data/549/medium/EAA_Sarsilmaz_K2_45_RH.jpg

SigFTW
07-03-2012, 08:01
Just get an EAA CZ clone. Its like the Glock 20's all steel brother. This particular one is called a K2 Sarsilmaz, and comes in all 4 calibers. I have never tried them, as I am more of a 9mm/45 guy, so there is no need from me to stray from the OG, but I have heard nothing but great things about them. I guess their the Turkish Army's sidearm, and the pricepoint is on par with a 75. (and yes, the model pictured if 45acp, but it does come in 10mm as I said.)
http://www.hunt101.com/data/549/medium/EAA_Sarsilmaz_K2_45_RH.jpg

I have been looking for a full size EAA 10mm, have not found one online or in shops. The only thing I can find is at buds and it's the Witness match.

I'll look for the K2 Sarsilmaz also! ty

Sheepdog Scout
07-03-2012, 09:19

That sucks. I hope that was just a fluke. Curious. How many rounds and how many failures with the gun?

As for lube. I've use the red Shooters Choice lube. This stuff.
Amazon.com: Shooter's Choice Hi-Tech Grease Liquid 10cc Lube 1 Syringe CG10CC: Sports & Outdoors@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/415o1ibbf%2BL.@@AMEPARAM@@415o1ibbf%2BL

Put some on the inside the rails and rack the slide a few times and remove the excess that "squirts" out. The rest is still there after firing on the rails, until I clean it out.

Gary1911A1
07-03-2012, 09:27

I do too, but I've talked with Angus and CZ has no interest so I guess the Witness is the best we are going to do. I have two pre-B CZ75s' and like them both better than the "B" Models.

BOOSTED12A
07-03-2012, 16:02
i have a motor oil/ATF concotion i use on most of my pistols. i smells bad but cleans up easy and is dirt cheep. about 10$ for 2 quarts....

palmettosunshine
07-03-2012, 16:42
Yep... You're a troll! 3 post count. That probably means you had to create a new account because you were banned. As for your comment, since I misspelled two words anything I have to say is invalid? You can't offer a rebuttal so you try to take the focus off your ignorant original comment.

No, moron, I'm not a troll. I have a 3 post count because I'm new to Glock, not new to firearms. I've been a proud CZ owner for many years.

Your misspelled words don't make your opinions invalid, just lazy or stupid, you decide which.

Your original assertion was this -
"There's really not a niche that I'd chose the CZ for over other types."

Since the CZ 75B is the most carried handgun in the world outside the US it seems there IS a niche for these guns, just not for you.

My mom always told me never to argue with swine, you'll just get dirty.... Going to shower now. Good luck to all and have a great life.

20SFLV
07-03-2012, 19:00
I do too, but I've talked with Angus and CZ has no interest so I guess the Witness is the best we are going to do. I have two pre-B CZ75s' and like them both better than the "B" Models.

CZ does make 10mm guns. This is one of them. http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/dan-wesson-titan/

CZ owns Dan Wesson these days it appears.

bac1023
07-03-2012, 19:21

EAA does and its the same design.

B_RAD
07-03-2012, 21:01
No, moron, I'm not a troll. I have a 3 post count because I'm new to Glock, not new to firearms. I've been a proud CZ owner for many years.

Your misspelled words don't make your opinions invalid, just lazy or stupid, you decide which.

Since the CZ 75B is the most carried handgun in the world outside the US it seems there IS a niche for these guns, just not for you.

My mom always told me never to argue with swine, you'll just get dirty.... Going to shower now. Good luck to all and have a great life.

You are a troll. Or at least a future troll You commented on something you knew nothing about.(me not owning a CZ). You made stupid comments. I gave my opinion on the CZ 75. Great gun. Just not my first choice. The OP asked for opinions. I gave mine. You started this. Why? So you are the swine here. I have a saying too. Never argue with idiots, because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Don't start nothing won't be nothing.

bac1023
07-03-2012, 21:07

I'd like to pick up a "pre B" myself.

Gary1911A1
07-04-2012, 06:32
I'd like to pick up a "pre B" myself.

They do show up now and then. Some even with the box and related gear. Got my last one at a gun show for $350 with box. Didn't looked like it had even been shot.

bac1023
07-04-2012, 09:53
They do show up now and then. Some even with the box and related gear. Got my last one at a gun show for $350 with box. Didn't looked like it had even been shot.

Yeah, you can still find them at great prices.

I'd like to get one of the short frame models. Of course, they're about impossible to find.

07-04-2012, 10:08
How did a CZ 75 thread turn into a swine and troll thread?:dunno:

ArmoryDoc
07-04-2012, 10:49
B_RAD and Palmettosunshine-

Please take your arguments to another thread of your own making. This was intended to focus on the CZ design, not attract a bunch of childish name-calling and arguing. There's enough of that going on here and I'd rather read this thread with all it's good input without sorting through the garbage. Thank you.

Bob Hafler
07-04-2012, 11:31
ArmoryDoc
If you are seriously looking for a very nice all steel pistol the CZ75B is a pistol you'll enjoy shooting it for a long time to come. They have a nice well balanced feel to them. They fit in your hand very well do to there well thought out ergos. I have no problem with the SA/DA trigger system they use in the 75 series pistols. They are probably more accurate then the majority of people pulling the trigger. (Including me) It is true that the serrations on the slide are smaller then that of a 1911 do to the way the slide fits into the frame. However it is anything but difficult to rack the slide with the serrations or the size of them. Like I mentioned I've had no problems even with oily hands. The only thing that I could say that might be a negative is that it might not be a gun for the person with small hands.

They IMO are one of the few guns in todays market that is worth every penny,as you get a beautiful pistol that just plain flat out works as good if not better then pistols costing much more. Good Luck

clarkstoncz
07-04-2012, 12:01
CZ-USA customized 75B Stainless with CT laser grip.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb26/czrami/75BSS/75SSwood3.jpg

It fed everything I could stuff into it except old Blazer ammo.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb26/czrami/75BSS/488647-big.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb26/czrami/75BSS/75SSwood1.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb26/czrami/75BSS/czstim2.jpg

WarEagle32
07-04-2012, 12:24
The best production pistol family ever made!!! My CZ Customs 85 Combat is the best gun that my hands have ever touched!!

ArmoryDoc
07-04-2012, 13:48
Bob Hafler, thanks. That's a great assessment of the 75. Those stainless guns are simply beautiful. WOW !

Novocaine
07-04-2012, 14:37
People who think that a person is not entitled to talk on the subject unless he has personal experience with it should heed their own advice and take high intensity handgun course along the lines of Chris Costa’s. Or, at least, work in a few malf drills into their training routine (that is if they have one).

75 is a reliable and accurate gun. Good looking too. Back when it could be had dirt cheap I bought a few myself and talked every relative, friend and acquaintance I could into buying one. Most had minor problems with triggers hopefully these issues are resolved now. Smallish slide gripping area combined with prominent controls remain though. It’s a good idea to rent and run a few TRBs to see if it’s something you can live with.

I gave mine away as gifts but one and use it a lot but mostly due to Kadet upper. The combo makes great set-up for the outdoors and for beginners.

If I don’t ride the safety I have to be careful not to bump it up so I do ride it. However when I do the tip of the thumb touches the slide release and keeps the slide from locking back. Have the same problem with Beretta. DA trigger reach may be longish for some people, I lower the hammer to the half cock notch, not all the way down. This makes for both shorter reach and shorter DA stroke.

Left the mag retention thingie in mine. It’s easy enough to swipe the mag out with an off hand. You can also easily hook the floorplate lip on the belt or pocket if you have one good arm left. Rear sight is “square” enough you can hook it on stuff and rack the slide in a sure fashion.

countrygun
07-04-2012, 14:46
People who think that a person is not entitled to talk on the subject unless he has personal experience with it should heed their own advice and take high intensity handgun course along the lines of Chris Costa’s. Or, at least, work in a few malf drills into their training routine (that is if they have one).

75 is a reliable and accurate gun. Good looking too. Back when it could be had dirt cheap I bought a few myself and talked every relative, friend and acquaintance I could into buying one. Most had minor problems with triggers hopefully these issues are resolved now. Smallish slide gripping area combined with prominent controls remain though. It’s a good idea to rent and run a few TRBs to see if it’s something you can live with.

I gave mine away as gifts but one and use it a lot but mostly due to Kadet upper. The combo makes great set-up for the outdoors and for beginners.

If I don’t ride the safety I have to be careful not to bump it up so I do ride it. However when I do the tip of the thumb touches the slide release and keeps the slide from locking back. Have the same problem with Beretta. DA trigger reach may be longish for some people, I lower the hammer to the half cock notch, not all the way down. This makes for both shorter reach and shorter DA stroke.

Left the mag retention thingie in mine. It’s easy enough to swipe the mag out with an off hand. You can also easily hook the floorplate lip on the belt or pocket if you have one good arm left. Rear sight is “square” enough you can hook it on stuff and rack the slide in a sure fashion.

Dude, Do you have "Oscar Mayer" tattoo'ed on the back of your hands:shocked:

gocubs6
07-04-2012, 16:34
I love my P01 and Kadet combo. Slide is hard from my wife to rack, but she can do it if she has to. My only "complaint" would be that the sights make GI sights look like a sniper scope and there are not very many options. CZ's are great, but, even though they've been around for decades, the aftermarket parts aren't there.

sports-shooter
07-04-2012, 17:20
It is a lot heavier than the G17. In some ways, that is a good thing. The extra weight reduces the recoil.

My only problem with it is that the trigger feel is awful.

I have the rare polished version. It is easily the best looking pistol out there.

Novocaine
07-05-2012, 03:01
Dude, Do you have "Oscar Mayer" tattoo'ed on the back of your hands:shocked:

Was groomed to be a musician by my folks. G19 is the shortest gun I can shoot safely with thumbs forward. If I'm not careful with something like Mak or HK P7 the support thumb will protrude beyond the muzzle.

SigFTW
07-05-2012, 06:33
CZ-USA customized 75B Stainless with CT laser grip.

clarkstoncz, that is one fine looking CZ!!!:wow:

SigFTW
07-05-2012, 07:08
Went to the range Tuesday with my CZ 75 P-01. Shot at the 20 yard station (the front sight dot was still very hard to see) and was very pleased with how accurate it was!
At 20 yards I was on paper, 14x14 target, I would say 95% of all rounds shot were within the 10 ring. the other 5%, who knows, maybe abducted by aliens.:whistling:

Love the CZ!!!

Liebestraum
07-05-2012, 09:07
The CZ P-01 is the first and only gun that I have honestly been disappointed with... when it runs out of ammo! Seriously, biggest smile I ever got out of a handgun. I would marry it if that sort of thing were legal...

countrygun
07-05-2012, 13:25
Went to the range Tuesday with my CZ 75 P-01. Shot at the 20 yard station (the front sight dot was still very hard to see) and was very pleased with how accurate it was!
At 20 yards I was on paper, 14x14 target, I would say 95% of all rounds shot were within the 10 ring. the other 5%, who knows, maybe abducted by aliens.:whistling:

Love the CZ!!!

The missing 5% were the double taps that went through the same hole:whistling:

motorcyclist
07-05-2012, 16:29

I have the rare polished version. It is easily the best looking pistol out there.

First time I pulled the trigger on my stainless 75B I thought "why would CZ pour sand in the pistol?" Gritty didn't quite discribe it! Still gritty after 150 rounds I pulled the slide, sprayed with rem oil and dry fired for an hour. Two nights of spraying and dry firing has really smoothed the trigger out. Changed to a 15lb main spring and it's getting close to my Beretta's in trigger pull.

JTSmith
07-05-2012, 20:58
I just swapped my dad my 75BD for my old Gen4 17. I gave him the 17 earlier this year and made the mistake of letting him hold the CZ recently. To be very clear, he is not a firearms guy at all. Not opposed, just never interested (only owned an old .38 revolver). So anyhow, after holding the CZ, he kept asking, "So can any of these backstraps make this plastic gun feel like the metal one?". I laughed and swapped him guns.

No worries though, my PCR will be here Monday:D

Sheepdog Scout
07-05-2012, 22:21
It is a lot heavier than the G17. In some ways, that is a good thing. The extra weight reduces the recoil.

CZ triggers have never been the greatest. But Angus Hobdell and the folks at CZ custom do nice work.

Now this isn't a fair assessment in some ways. But my pre b 75 (the OD one from page two) has a great trigger. But it also is an old police gun and is 20 years old. I've put over 1000 rounds through it and even dirty. It runs amazing. Pre bs can still be had cheap.

Triggers changed after CZ pu the firing pin block in them. Still they're doable.

Sheepdog Scout
07-05-2012, 22:24
I just swapped my dad my 75BD for my old Gen4 17. I gave him the 17 earlier this year and made the mistake of letting him hold the CZ recently. To be very clear, he is not a firearms guy at all. Not opposed, just never interested (only owned an old .38 revolver). So anyhow, after holding the CZ, he kept asking, "So can any of these backstraps make this plastic gun feel like the metal one?". I laughed and swapped him guns.

No worries though, my PCR will be here Monday:D

Though I just barely prefer too shoot my Beretta 92 over my CZ75s, I like the grip better on the 75. It's like butter in my hands.

I still carry both though. Both are heavier guns. But I find the weight comforting and doable.

panzer1
07-05-2012, 23:21
Yep... You're a troll! 3 post count. That probably means you had to create a new account because you were banned. As for your comment, since I misspelled two words anything I have to say is invalid? You can't offer a rebuttal so you try to take the focus off your ignorant original comment.Hey B RAD the hell with that guy. I suck at spelling also big deal.I do type'o also so I guess I should just not say anything.:rofl:

panzer1
07-05-2012, 23:32

My mom always told me never to argue with swine, you'll just get dirty.... Going to shower now. Good luck to all and have a great life.Hey Palmettosunshine whats with the name calling? No need for that pal! You must be new to Glock Talk because most on here don't get in to name calling. I like you love CZ'S but he has his opinion no need to act like a 2year old.

B_RAD
07-06-2012, 07:13
Hey B RAD the hell with that guy. I suck at spelling also big deal.I do type'o also so I guess I should just not say anything.:rofl:

He came out of nowhere. I apologize for bringing the topic down. Anyways, I actually want another CZ 75. I want a SA or a pre B. I had a SP01 worked over by Matt Mink. Wish I still had it.

Thanks for the kind words. Who'd a thought the grammar police would be on Internet forums.

SigFTW
07-06-2012, 07:35
He came out of nowhere. I apologize for bringing the topic down. Anyways, I actually want another CZ 75. I want a SA or a pre B. I had a SP01 worked over by Matt Mink. Wish I still had it.

Thanks for the kind words. Who'd a thought the grammar police would be on Internet forums.

No more CZ for YOU! :tongueout: just kidding. Get the P-01, it's a shooter!

Diesel McBadass
07-06-2012, 09:36
Im my first 300 rounds mags werent seating or coming loose and only after higher round counts. Someone reccomended stripping and cleaning mags cause poacking grease may still be there and heated up congeals and causes crazy stuff. So i did, problem never hjappened again and i got 7-800 in there now, but maybe 5-6 failures for slide to go all the way home

Sheepdog Scout
07-06-2012, 10:23
Im my first 300 rounds mags werent seating or coming loose and only after higher round counts. Someone reccomended stripping and cleaning mags cause poacking grease may still be there and heated up congeals and causes crazy stuff. So i did, problem never hjappened again and i got 7-800 in there now, but maybe 5-6 failures for slide to go all the way home

That sucks. I'm not sure what the cause would be for the failures.

I've got one made in 1992 that was an old Czech police gun. Round count unknown. I've put a bit over 1000 rounds through that one, without changing and springs and such. And not a single issue.

Your issues certainly aren't the norm. :crying:

ArmoryDoc
07-06-2012, 10:47
Well, all these glowing reports have cost me some money. ;) I just ordered a SS CZ75B which should be in my hands in about a week. It's a beautiful gun in the pics and I'll bet it's even more beautiful in person. Totally stoked !

Bob Hafler
07-06-2012, 11:11
Congrats. Now go buy some ammo because your going to need lots of it.

Novocaine
07-06-2012, 11:17
First time I pulled the trigger on my stainless 75B I thought "why would CZ pour sand in the pistol?" Gritty didn't quite discribe it! Still gritty after 150 rounds I pulled the slide, sprayed with rem oil and dry fired for an hour. Two nights of spraying and dry firing has really smoothed the trigger out. Changed to a 15lb main spring and it's getting close to my Beretta's in trigger pull.

All of mine had "double sear". The hammer has two hooks that engage the sear. These hooks weren't machined evenly. When the trigger was pulled the hooks would not release the sear simultaneously. The net effect was like pulling through a ratchet. Solved by stoning but you have to be careful. DA was always fine.

What messes with DA pull is an out of spec mag. The bow glides around and very close to the sides of the mag and a slightly swelled mag will start rubbing against the trigger bow. Doesn't take much for it to get so bad the trigger will get stuck halfway: the mag can still be inserted and dropped normally and will feed fine.

ArmoryDoc
07-06-2012, 11:37
Congrats. Now go buy some ammo because your going to need lots of it.

LOL. More money. :cool: I'm good with that. :wavey:

countrygun
07-06-2012, 11:59
CZ triggers have never been the greatest. But Angus Hobdell and the folks at CZ custom do nice work.

Now this isn't a fair assessment in some ways. But my pre b 75 (the OD one from page two) has a great trigger. But it also is an old police gun and is 20 years old. I've put over 1000 rounds through it and even dirty. It runs amazing. Pre bs can still be had cheap.

Triggers changed after CZ pu the firing pin block in them. Still they're doable.

When I order my 75 stainless I am going through the Custom Shop to order. You get a price break on the gun which offsets some of the cost of the "Angus Magic".

I wish they made a stainless compact. Living on the coast I went with the chrome for my compact, but I'd prefer SS.

SigFTW
07-06-2012, 12:22
Well, all these glowing reports have cost me some money. ;) I just ordered a SS CZ75B which should be in my hands in about a week. It's a beautiful gun in the pics and I'll bet it's even more beautiful in person. Totally stoked !

Congratulations, where did you buy it, if you don't mind me asking?

fnfalman
07-06-2012, 12:33
The CZ trigger does get better with more blasting.

raven11
07-06-2012, 12:37
When I order my 75 stainless I am going through the Custom Shop to order. You get a price break on the gun which offsets some of the cost of the "Angus Magic".

I wish they made a stainless compact. Living on the coast I went with the chrome for my compact, but I'd prefer SS.

That is what I did for my SP-01 and the "Angus Magic" is no joke. My SP-01's trigger is much better than my CZ-85 Combat in DA and SA. And it is still 100% reliable with everything from Tula to Federal to gold dots

I don't work for cz custom but im getting to the point that if i was buying another CZ I would only buy from the custom shop

countrygun
07-06-2012, 12:56
The CZ trigger does get better with more blasting.

True. My compact was "so-so" out of the box but I heard about how the factory smoothed them up back in the day so I spent a week just blasting and dry firing a lot. Now it's one of my favorite shooters and other folks are amazed by the action. Unless you have it customized be prepared for the SA pull to "roll a bit" as it takes the hammer back a small amount, sort of like a "partially cocked striker gun.

My full sized Omega 75 wasn't getting there that fast so I disassembled it and gave it some help, I learned a lot. For instance I learned my P-06 is going to get shot a lot more and then sent to the custom shop.

jkf74
07-06-2012, 14:36
Anyone know any god online shops that actually have them in stock? The custom shop is out of nearly all of them. Bud's only has a couple and not what Im looking for. Not of my local stores can get any in.

JTSmith
07-06-2012, 15:33
Cheaperthandirt had a decent selection as of last week.

ArmoryDoc
07-06-2012, 15:36
There aren't many CZ 75B's out there in 9mm. I know. I've been looking. But, finally found it at Buds.

Aurora
07-07-2012, 04:58
I own two pre-B CZs and a Baby Eagle with a frame mounted safety. All have been great performers but are a little on the heavy side for carry.

It's one of those things you won't regret buying later.

V.