'Please God, make it stop!' British female journalist, 21, describes horrif [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 'Please God, make it stop!' British female journalist, 21, describes horrif

DonGlock26
06-27-2012, 11:16
'Please God, make it stop!' British female journalist, 21, describes horrific sexual assault in Egypt

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2165445/British-journalist-Natasha-Smith-22-recalls-horrific-sexual-assault-Egypts-Tahrir-Square.html#ixzz1z0z07TuN

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2165445/British-journalist-Natasha-Smith-22-recalls-horrific-sexual-assault-Egypts-Tahrir-Square.html#ixzz1z0qAeulW

Is this normal for large Muslim demonstrations? Wasn't there an American female journalist gang raped last Arab Spring? Is this a grave sin or is it ok because she is an infidel?

_

Bren
06-27-2012, 11:36
'Please God, make it stop!' British female journalist, 21, describes horrific sexual assault in Egypt

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2165445/British-journalist-Natasha-Smith-22-recalls-horrific-sexual-assault-Egypts-Tahrir-Square.html#ixzz1z0z07TuN

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2165445/British-journalist-Natasha-Smith-22-recalls-horrific-sexual-assault-Egypts-Tahrir-Square.html#ixzz1z0qAeulW

Is this normal for large Muslim demonstrations? Wasn't there an American female journalist gang raped last Arab Spring? Is this a grave sin or is it ok because she is an infidel?

_

You should hang out in a muslim country for a while. If there hadn't been any "infidel" women around, they'd have probably just raped some muslim boys. People have very strange ideas, in the 1st world, about how devout and observant 3rd world muslim religious types really are.

Sarge1400
06-27-2012, 11:42

_

Did god make it stop then? Or did she continue to suffer?

DonGlock26
06-27-2012, 11:45

Which one? Funny thing is, she's probably an average Brit progressive atheist screaming for God in a crisis.

_

Woofie
06-27-2012, 12:04
Which one? Funny thing is, she's probably an average Brit progressive atheist screaming for God in a crisis.

_

Only a hateful Christian would find the thought of an atheist being raped funny.

Deployment Solu
06-27-2012, 12:11
Eli's Coming!!!

Bren
06-27-2012, 12:38

_

Is that worse than being a average bitter christian trying to make himself feel superior by making up stories about people with different religious beliefs? Well done - a good example is one that reinforces what I already believed.

G23Gen4TX
06-27-2012, 13:23

God is obviously the muslim god then.

muscogee
06-27-2012, 13:33
Many Muslims in that part of the world have some serious sexual hang ups. How would we feel if a woman walked around naked and then complaine about being grouped? You don't wave red meat in front of starving dogs and then complaint because you get bitten.

I once mentioned going to work in the Middle East. My wife said, "You're going alone". My wife likes to travel, but she will not go there for any reason. I don't blame her.

WS6
06-27-2012, 14:23
Many Muslims in that part of the world have some serious sexual hang ups. How would we feel if a woman walked around naked and then complained about being grouped? You don't wave red meat in front of starving dogs and then complaint because you get bitten.

I once mentioned going to work in the Middle East. My wife said, "You're going alone". My wife likes to travel, but she will not go there for any reason. I don't blame her.

Your post only makes sense, if your wife walks around naked in public.http://mbworld.org/forums/images/smilies/rofl.gif

Fred Hansen
06-27-2012, 14:29
Many Muslims in that part of the world have some serious sexual hang ups. How would we feel if a woman walked around naked and then complained about being grouped? You don't wave red meat in front of starving dogs and then complaint because you get bitten.

I once mentioned going to work in the Middle East. My wife said, "You're going alone". My wife likes to travel, but she will not go there for any reason. I don't blame her.Where I'm from we shoot mad dogs. Biting is never a issue.

English
06-27-2012, 14:56

The thing about Islam is that its culture cannot be separated from the religion. Although that varies from region to region, the serious sexual hangups are the direct product of the religion and people who behave like starving dogs when they have the possibility of raping an infidel should be recognised as such and not given some kind of free pass because they have sexual hangups.

Incidentally, I am far from convinced that this story is genuine. The wording is too close to that used by the US TV reporter who had the same experience and the woman in this report describes herself as blonde but her picture is not at all blonde.

English

DonGlock26
06-27-2012, 15:23
Only a hateful Christian would find the thought of an atheist being raped funny.

Funny as in ironic. Nice try though.

_

DonGlock26
06-27-2012, 15:24
is that worse than being a average bitter christian trying to make himself feel superior by making up stories about people with different religious beliefs? Well done - a good example is one that reinforces what i already believed.

???

_

DonGlock26
06-27-2012, 15:25
Where I'm from we shoot mad dogs. Biting is never a issue.

Seems safer.

_

DonGlock26
06-27-2012, 15:26
The thing about Islam is that its culture cannot be separated from the religion.

Many people simply cannot wrap their heads around that concept.

_

uzimon
06-27-2012, 15:54

_

the beautiful lara logan
http://abcnews.go.com/US/lara-logan-hospitalized-sexually-attacked-egypt-protesters-celebration/story?id=12925235
(ok that's a bad pic)

it just sends the muzzies into a frenzy to see a hot blonde not covering their head like a beekeeper

Akil8290
06-27-2012, 19:03

Don also found it humorous when Christians in Indonesia were having stones hurled at them by religious fanatics claiming to be Muslims.

Don is a twisted dude.

Gunhaver
06-27-2012, 22:54
Don't go for a walk through the forest and then complain when you get bit by a wolf. I don't agree with what they did in the least but those people are so uneducated, brainwashed and sexually repressed that they might as well be animals. When you take your hot blond western ass into an area that has thousands of horny men with no regard for you at all you should expect something like this. She might as well have walked into a prison with no guards.

Altaris
06-27-2012, 23:29
the beautiful lara logan
http://abcnews.go.com/US/lara-logan-hospitalized-sexually-attacked-egypt-protesters-celebration/story?id=12925235
(ok that's a bad pic)

it just sends the muzzies into a frenzy to see a hot blonde not covering their head like a beekeeper

Love me some Lara Logan :hearts:

As Gunhaver said though, do you really expect those savage idiots to act any differently, especially around something that hot? Honestly I am surprised it doesn't happen more often.

Kingarthurhk
06-28-2012, 04:28
Don't go for a walk through the forest and then complain when you get bit by a wolf. I don't agree with what they did in the least but those people are so uneducated, brainwashed and sexually repressed that they might as well be animals. When you take your hot blond western ass into an area that has thousands of horny men with no regard for you at all you should expect something like this. She might as well have walked into a prison with no guards.

Had the correspondent been gay, should he expect the usual Middle Eastern punishment as metted out in Saudi Arabia? Beheading and crucifiction?

Kingarthurhk
06-28-2012, 04:39
Don also found it humorous when Christians in Indonesia were having stones hurled at them by religious fanatics claiming to be Muslims.

Don is a twisted dude.

Indonesian Christians under attack - YouTube

A report from Al Jazera.

eracer
06-28-2012, 05:22
How would we feel if a woman walked around naked and then complained about being grouped?I'd feel that people should keep their hands to themselves. I don't grope women wearing thongs at the beach. Why should it be understandable for anyone to grope anyone, anywhere.

Blaming the victim is not cool.

Dexters
06-28-2012, 08:10
How would we feel if a woman walked around naked and then complaine about being grouped? You don't wave red meat in front of starving dogs and then complaint because you get bitten.

You haven't been to a beach recently or watched MTV's Spring Break or been to a strip club.

Dexters
06-28-2012, 08:16
The thing about Islam is that its culture cannot be separated from the religion. Although that varies from region to region, the serious sexual hangups are the direct product of the religion and people who behave like starving dogs when they have the possibility of raping an infidel should be recognised as such and not given some kind of free pass because they have sexual hangups.

This is true but also, the followers are told that it is OK to lie and cheat non believers.

Incidentally, I am far from convinced that this story is genuine. The wording is too close to that used by the US TV reporter who had the same experience and the woman in this report describes herself as blonde but her picture is not at all blonde.

English

Seriously - get a color monitor, and if the incidents are similar the wording probably would be similar - same with most crimes.

snowbird
06-28-2012, 09:26
... those people are so uneducated, brainwashed and sexually repressed that they might as well be animals. When you take your hot blond western ass into an area that has thousands of horny men with no regard for you at all you should expect something like this. She might as well have walked into a prison with no guards.

Question: so why are lefty dhimmis okay with continuing large-scale immigration of these "animals"? Why increase jihad here in our homeland?

Gunhaver
06-28-2012, 09:40
Question: so why are lefty dhimmis okay with continuing large-scale immigration of these "animals"? Why increase jihad here in our homeland?

I don't really know what their deal is with that. I get pegged as a lefty here more than anyone but I'm all for locking down the borders and not letting anyone in without extensive background checks. Of course I'm also all for not meddling in the affairs of other countries so they won't have a (valid) reason to want to attack us so I guess that makes me a lefty again.

A lot of leftys I know want to push very hard the idea that Christianity is no better than Islam but I think that's BS. The last thing this country needs is more religious insanity.

Gunhaver
06-28-2012, 09:43
Had the correspondent been gay, should he expect the usual Middle Eastern punishment as metted out in Saudi Arabia? Beheading and crucifiction?

If he went flaming gay into an area where he's likely to get lynched for it then I'd say he made a poor decision. Doesn't make the lynching right but that's not our country and not subject to our laws.

English
06-28-2012, 15:32

Reporters go into all sorts of dangerous places to get their stories and sometimes they get killed or raped doing so. Partly they expect that most times the fact that they are reporters will be enough to get them decent treatment and mostly they are right but often enough they are wrong.

Women reporters live in what is maily a man's world and feel the need to out macho the men around them. Add that to the fact that their left wing view of mankind gives them a flase appreciation of reality and catastrophies are likely to happen. Rather than condemning them for their stupidity we should be thanking them for showing everyone else the true nature of some cultures, even if that was not their intent.

English

Dexters
06-28-2012, 15:37
Women reporters live in what is maily a man's world and feel the need to out macho the men around them. Add that to the fact that their left wing view of mankind gives them a flase appreciation of reality and catastrophies are likely to happen. Rather than condemning them for their stupidity we should be thanking them for showing everyone else the true nature of some cultures, even if that was not their intent.

English

This is true - many naive US citizens go to countries expecting it to be like the USA regarding women in society.

I think many women in the ME dress modestly (even the burka) because of the protection it gives them from men on the street.

English
06-28-2012, 15:39
Seriously - get a color monitor, and if the incidents are similar the wording probably would be similar - same with most crimes.

I have a perfectly adequate new laptop!

Are you talking about the main picture with a crane in the background or are you talking about Linday Lohan? Lohan is clearly blonde but Smith's hair colour is best described as dark mouse. Of course, she might have bleached it between being phoographed in the UK and going to Egypt, but the photo does not show her as blonde.

English

Kingarthurhk
06-28-2012, 16:03
If he went flaming gay into an area where he's likely to get lynched for it then I'd say he made a poor decision. Doesn't make the lynching right but that's not our country and not subject to our laws.

http://www.freewebs.com/andersoncooper/T-Blue01.jpg

I guess this explains why he didn't go. Anyhoo, my point is you thought the women had it comming to them, my point is would you be so harsh on well known gay anchors such as Cooper receiving the Islamic punishment for his procliving (beheading and crucifiction).

Gunhaver
06-28-2012, 16:10

I guess this explains why he didn't go. Anyhoo, my point is you thought the women had it comming to them, my point is would you be so harsh on well known gay anchors such as Cooper receiving the Islamic punishment for his procliving (beheading and crucifiction).

I think any westerner should stay the hell out of the middle east. You don't have to be gay, female, Christian, or anything else to run afoul of crazy ass people. They'll harm you in any way they decide to harm you if they decide it's in their best interests. Best to just avoid them.

rhikdavis
06-28-2012, 16:12
Any kind of carry would have prevented that.

rhikdavis
06-28-2012, 16:13

He already got his ass beat the last time he stuck his nose over there.

Gunhaver
06-28-2012, 16:16
Reporters go into all sorts of dangerous places to get their stories and sometimes they get killed or raped doing so. Partly they expect that most times the fact that they are reporters will be enough to get them decent treatment and mostly they are right but often enough they are wrong.

English

She made a bad choice and bad things happened to her. If she'd decided instead to go stand in a hurricane or waltz into a zoo's lion pit to "report" we'd all be saying, "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

But we really don't like Muslims here so that absolves her of any responsibility for her poor choice right?

Kingarthurhk
06-28-2012, 17:09
I think any westerner should stay the hell out of the middle east. You don't have to be gay, female, Christian, or anything else to run afoul of crazy ass people. They'll harm you in any way they decide to harm you if they decide it's in their best interests. Best to just avoid them.

The problem is this doesn't just occurr in the Middle East.

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2011/August/Culture-Crisis-Norway-Tackles-Muslim-Immigration-/

Welocme to Norway.

Gunhaver
06-28-2012, 18:10
The problem is this doesn't just occurr in the Middle East.

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2011/August/Culture-Crisis-Norway-Tackles-Muslim-Immigration-/

Welocme to Norway.

Well, I guess that kind of stuff will go on as long as they let it. I imagine there will come a breaking point in most of the heavily Muslim populated European countries where their desire to get rid of this kind of behavior will outweigh their desire to tolerate it.

Dexters
06-28-2012, 19:01
I imagine there will come a breaking point in most of the heavily Muslim populated European countries where their desire to get rid of this kind of behavior will outweigh their desire to tolerate it.

I wonder if that could happen - the weight of WWII is still strong in place like Germany, maybe weaker in other place.

One issue is that the USA and Europeans determine allegiance by a document.

Akil8290
06-30-2012, 19:20
Indonesian Christians under attack - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgpHHoIvU2I)

A report from Al Jazera.

Yep. No one is denying it happened.

What's your point?

Kingarthurhk
06-30-2012, 19:59
Yep. No one is denying it happened.

What's your point?

My point? Why isn't Islam speaking out aganst it rather than accepting it as status qou?

By your flippant remark, apparnetly it doesn't bother you much.

muscogee
06-30-2012, 23:21
My point? Why isn't Islam speaking out aganst it rather than accepting it as status qou?

Why isn't Christianity speaking about about it?

snowbird
07-01-2012, 15:10

Thanks for that lead-in, muscogee:)

I'm just one Christian, but here goes.

"David CAN defeat Goliath: all it takes is courage" -Geert Wilders, author of "Marked For Death: Islam's War Against the West and Me".

Literary critic, Adrianna Straijt of the Netherlands, says she thinks his book is a "must-read" for every Christian who is serious about wanting to oppose the Islamization of their suburbs, cities, and countries. Our President Teddy Roosevelt agreed in 1916, noting that Christianity was saved in Europe "solely because they (were) able to resist Mohammedans by the sword".

Geert urges us to speak the truth despite intimidation from Muslim bullies. Islam wants to snuff out free thought, free speech, and freedom of religion. "Make no mistake, if we fail, we will be enslaved".

Our Revolutionary War General John Stark understood this concept. He said, "Live free or die".

Kingarthurhk
07-01-2012, 19:38

I'm sorry, are you new to the forums?:rofl:

Akil8290
07-01-2012, 19:39

Muslims speak out against atrocities like this all the time; just because you don't read about it everyday, doesn't mean its not happening. Do you think if these fanatics were captured they would be prosecuted in Indonesia? Damn sure they would.

Actually, it DOES bother me, but not that you care. Once again, your attempts to paint me as some sort of rabid Islamist who refuses to denounce these atrocities fails again.

But there's other threads; keep trying, Champ!:thumbsup:

Akil8290
07-01-2012, 19:40

I was wondering the same thing about you.

Kingarthurhk
07-01-2012, 19:44
Muslims speak out against atrocities like this all the time; just because you don't read about it everyday, doesn't mean its not happening. Do you think if these fanatics were captured they would be prosecuted in Indonesia? Damn sure they would.

Actually, it DOES bother me, but not that you care. Once again, your attempts to paint me as some sort of rabid Islamist who refuses to denounce these atrocities fails again.

Your response led me to that conclusion. Anywhoo, I am glad we are now on the same page and we can be unified in the belief that such actions are unacceptable. Thank you.

muscogee
07-01-2012, 22:28

What has your church done or said about this?

snowbird
07-02-2012, 06:43
Muslims speak out against atrocities like this all the time...

If this is true, then how come the Armenian Genocide (1.5 MILLION Christian men, women, and children MURDERED by Muslims) happened more than a millenium after Mohammed had about 900 unarmed Jewish male prisoners beheaded?

muscogee
07-02-2012, 07:17
If this is true, then how come the Armenian Genocide (1.5 MILLION Christian men, women, and children MURDERED by Muslims) happened more than a millenium after Mohammed had about 900 unarmed Jewish male prisoners beheaded?

You know that had nothing to do with them being Christians.

snowbird
07-02-2012, 07:41

So it was just a coincidence? Like the 80 million Hindus murdered by Muslims after they invaded the Indian subcontinent? And those 900 Jewish males beheaded by Mohammed? And today's continuing murderous Muslim rocket attacks against Israel? And that 60 year old Buddhist man that Muslims just murdered in front of his home in Thailand? Etc, etc?

English
07-02-2012, 08:36
Thanks for that lead-in, muscogee:)

I'm just one Christian, but here goes.

"David CAN defeat Goliath: all it takes is courage" -Geert Wilders, author of "Marked For Death: Islam's War Against the West and Me".

Literary critic, Adrianna Straijt of the Netherlands, says she thinks his book is a "must-read" for every Christian who is serious about wanting to oppose the Islamization of their suburbs, cities, and countries. Our President Teddy Roosevelt agreed in 1916, noting that Christianity was saved in Europe "solely because they (were) able to resist Mohammedans by the sword".

Geert urges us to speak the truth despite intimidation from Muslim bullies. Islam wants to snuff out free thought, free speech, and freedom of religion. "Make no mistake, if we fail, we will be enslaved".

Our Revolutionary War General John Stark understood this concept. He said, "Live free or die".

Excellent post!

English

English
07-02-2012, 08:47

It might, just possibly, not have had everything to do with being Christians, but it did have a lot to do with being Christians. At the time, Turkey was in a kind of racial cleansing mood where they wanted to make Turkey more Turkish In all they killed about 1,000,000 Armenians but a further 200,000 were forcibly converted to Islam. This does suggest very strongly that if they had all been Muslim in the first place the genocide would not have happened. On that basis it had a loit to do with being Christians.

English

cowboywannabe
07-02-2012, 09:04
i went swiming in the ocean and got bit by a shark. whats the world coming to?

muscogee
07-02-2012, 15:01
So it was just a coincidence? Like the 80 million Hindus murdered by Muslims after they invaded the Indian subcontinent? And those 900 Jewish males beheaded by Mohammed? And today's continuing murderous Muslim rocket attacks against Israel? And that 60 year old Buddhist man that Muslims just murdered in front of his home in Thailand? Etc, etc?

If it was because they were Christians, why didn't the Turks kill all the Christians in the country in 1914? There are still many Christians there today. Anything else happen that involved Turkey in 1914? Something that caused Muslim Turkey to be allied with Christian Germany and the Christian Austro-Hungarian Empire? Something that involved Czarist Russia and would have involved the Armenians if there had been any left?

Kingarthurhk
07-02-2012, 16:10
What has your church done or said about this?

http://irla.org/news.htm

http://irla.org/354.htm

http://irla.org/mission-purpose-and-principles.htm

http://irla.org/resources.htm

http://www.adventistliberty.org/index.php?id=21

http://www.adra.org/site/PageServer

We're a busy people. :cool:

muscogee
07-02-2012, 17:12
http://irla.org/news.htm

http://irla.org/354.htm

http://irla.org/mission-purpose-and-principles.htm

http://irla.org/resources.htm

http://www.adventistliberty.org/index.php?id=21

http://www.adra.org/site/PageServer

We're a busy people. :cool:

That's good to know. I've never heard of the IRLA. It's strange that they're calling for religious liberty in Italy as well.

Kingarthurhk
07-02-2012, 18:20
That's good to know. I've never heard of the IRLA. It's strange that they're calling for religious liberty in Italy as well.

Any place there is a threat to religious liberty they try to do something. Whether it is Italy or anywhere else.

cowboywannabe
07-03-2012, 00:00
She made a bad choice and bad things happened to her. If she'd decided instead to go stand in a hurricane or waltz into a zoo's lion pit to "report" we'd all be saying, "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

But we really don't like Muslims here so that absolves her of any responsibility for her poor choice right?

unlike an inanimate hurricane or lions at the zoo, we had hoped the muslims would at least be a step up from the chimps.

English
07-03-2012, 06:31

You make this sound as though it is irrational to dislike Muslims, and for many I am sure that is true, but relatively little study of their beliefs and religio-political structure will show that it is entirely rational. Their holy books make it entirely clear that Islam is a coercive belief system.

Their own people are coerced by an indoctination from childhood that is far more severe than that of the Jesuits. There obligation to Jihad allows them to be co-operative with non Muslims when they do not have the power to force their belief onto them, but gives them no leeway when they can use force successfully. In essence, they behave like gangsters whose motivation is religious dominance rather than money, and like gangsters, they pick the fights they can win and play nice to those whose co-operation they need for the time being.

At the time of the break up of Yugoslavia my sympathies were entirely with the Muslims. Since then, little by little, I came to doubt their virtue and eventually that motivated me to study them. It didn't take much study to realise what a threat they were and that there could be no accomodation betwen free constitutional countries and Muslims within them that would not lead to serious strife and either Islamic domination or expulsion of all Muslims.

Unlike Christianity which provided a chink, via Protestantism, where freethinkers could develop science and philosophy, there appears to be no such chink in Islam. Of course, it took some four centuries for that chink to develop into a notable advance and who would have anticipated that at its beginning? Such a chink might be growing within Islam, but if we give them the benefit of the doubt for a century or two we will all be Muslims.

English

snowbird
07-03-2012, 08:44
If it was because they were Christians, why didn't the Turks kill all the Christians in the country in 1914? There are still many Christians there today. Anything else happen that involved Turkey in 1914? Something that caused Muslim Turkey to be allied with Christian Germany and the Christian Austro-Hungarian Empire? Something that involved Czarist Russia and would have involved the Armenians if there had been any left?

So you're saying it's okay for Muslims to commit genocide as long as it's for national security? What about our national security situation today?

According to Answering Muslims, the Islamoblog of Acts 17 Apologetics, on June 17 this year, some Christians went to the Islamic Society of America in Michigan (near where Muslims cast off their cloak of takiyya and threw stones at Christians while watching police did nothing except to threaten the Christians). A Muslim came out of the mosque, got in his SUV, and tried to run over the Christians. He was supposedly charged with 9 counts of attempted murder -if so, then I'm glad that we at least still have some freedom left yet. But the leftist MSM seems to have blacked out this story, in keeping with leftist politicians/leftist academics foolish mass Islamic immigration policies in the name of 'multiculturalism'.

Muslims throughout the West are being emboldened by the follies of our treasonous left, and by the increasing numbers of Muslim colonists in their growing beachheads. Muslims throw grenades at Christians in Kenya, and already throw stones at them in Michigan. Our homelands are becoming like lions' dens. We need to be aware and have a self-defense plan at all times. We need to pray to God (completely different Being than Allah). We need to take back our lands before we're on the receiving end of a genocide.

muscogee
07-03-2012, 08:57
So you're saying it's okay for Muslims to commit genocide as long as it's for national security? What about our national security situation today?

No, I'm saying it's not OK for you to lie and then change the subject when you get caught. Some Muslims act abominably, no question about it. All of them do not.

Do you know many Muslims? I had an Iranian roommate my sophomore year in college. Iran was our ally at the time. He was somewhat more mature and tolerant than most of the rest of us. I have know several Muslims since then. Most of them I consider friends. Of course, some of them were religious extremist. I do not care for them any more than I care for any other extremist.

Why don't you address the points I made in my post? Is it because you would have to think instead of copying and pasting extremists propaganda you like.

cowboywannabe
07-03-2012, 09:38
no, i'm saying it's not ok for you to lie and then change the subject when you get caught. Some muslims act abominably, no question about it. All of them do not.

Do you know many muslims? I had an iranian roommate my sophomore year in college. Iran was our ally at the time. He was somewhat more mature and tolerant than most of the rest of us. I have know several muslims since then. Most of them i consider friends. Of course, some of them were religious extremist. I do not care for them any more than i care for any other extremist.

Why don't you address the points i made in my post? Is it because you would have to think instead of copying and pasting extremists propaganda you like.

the kuran states that a muslim must: 1. Convert all non muslims to islam, 2. If they do not convert they must take a slave position and submit the muslim, 3. If they do not convert or submit to slavery the muslim must kill them.

This is not verbatum, but this is also not "only with prisoners of war (or jihad), this is with all non muslims anytime they can do so.

muscogee
07-03-2012, 10:02
the kuran states that a muslim must: 1. Convert all non muslims to islam, 2. If they do not convert they must take a slave position and submit the muslim, 3. If they do not convert or submit to slavery the muslim must kill them.

This is not verbatum, but this is also not "only with prisoners of war (or jihad), this is with all non muslims anytime they can do so.

Muslims selectively read and believe the Quran just like Christians selectively read and believe the Bible. I had a young Muslim woman working for me several years ago who had just bought her first car. She was really proud if it and wanted to show it to me. The temperature was around 30 degrees Fahrenheit and it was raining sideways. I commented on the weather and she started talking about how beautiful the weather was were she came from. I asked her why she chose to live where the ground froze in the winter and it rained sideways. Her immediate answer was, "Freedom". That surprised me and I asked, "Freedom to do what?" She said, "The freedom to work, the freedom to buy a car, the freedom to date and marry whoever I want". The woman is a Muslim, but she is the kind of immigrant I want in the U.S. She was hard working, serious, and infatuated with our concept of freedom. I have know several Muslims like that. I have several Iranian friends who came to the U.S. after Iran turned on the U.S. They are as loyal and patriotic as any people I have ever met because they know what it's like to be under the heel of a tyrannical theocracy. They shouldn't be slandered or libeled because of their faith.

cowboywannabe
07-03-2012, 10:36
Muslims selectively read and believe the Quran just like Christians selectively read and believe the Bible. I had a young Muslim woman working for me several years ago who had just bought her first car. She was really proud if it and wanted to show it to me. The temperature was around 30 degrees Fahrenheit and it was raining sideways. I commented on the weather and she started talking about how beautiful the weather was were she came from. I asked her why she chose to live where the ground froze in the winter and it rained sideways. Her immediate answer was, "Freedom". That surprised me and I asked, "Freedom to do what?" She said, "The freedom to work, the freedom to buy a car, the freedom to date and marry whoever I want". The woman is a Muslim, but she is the kind of immigrant I want in the U.S. She was hard working, serious, and infatuated with our concept of freedom. I have know several Muslims like that. I have several Iranian friends who came to the U.S. after Iran turned on the U.S. They are as loyal and patriotic as any people I have ever met because they know what it's like to be under the heel of a tyrannical theocracy. They shouldn't be slandered or libeled because of their faith.

you cant be a muslim if you dont follow the kuran, just as you cant be catholic if you believe in/support abortion.

muscogee
07-03-2012, 10:52
you cant be a muslim if you dont follow the kuran, just as you cant be catholic if you believe in/support abortion.

Muslims argue among themselves about what it means to be a true Muslim just like Christians argue among themselves about what it means to be a true Christian.

Gunhaver
07-03-2012, 10:56
You make this sound as though it is irrational to dislike Muslims, and for many I am sure that is true, but relatively little study of their beliefs and religio-political structure will show that it is entirely rational. Their holy books make it entirely clear that Islam is a coercive belief system.

Their own people are coerced by an indoctination from childhood that is far more severe than that of the Jesuits. There obligation to Jihad allows them to be co-operative with non Muslims when they do not have the power to force their belief onto them, but gives them no leeway when they can use force successfully. In essence, they behave like gangsters whose motivation is religious dominance rather than money, and like gangsters, they pick the fights they can win and play nice to those whose co-operation they need for the time being.

At the time of the break up of Yugoslavia my sympathies were entirely with the Muslims. Since then, little by little, I came to doubt their virtue and eventually that motivated me to study them. It didn't take much study to realise what a threat they were and that there could be no accomodation betwen free constitutional countries and Muslims within them that would not lead to serious strife and either Islamic domination or expulsion of all Muslims.

Unlike Christianity which provided a chink, via Protestantism, where freethinkers could develop science and philosophy, there appears to be no such chink in Islam. Of course, it took some four centuries for that chink to develop into a notable advance and who would have anticipated that at its beginning? Such a chink might be growing within Islam, but if we give them the benefit of the doubt for a century or two we will all be Muslims.

English

It's like the members here that constantly have to point out that a gas station robber or welfare recipient in the news was black. "I knew what color they were before I clicked on the link."

So what? Why does that need to be pointed out when we can all see it unless you want to remind everybody that you're very focused on the color of people's skin rather than what they have done? Muslims commit horrible acts every day. So do many other groups. Muslims happen to be at the top of that game at this point in history. Go back less than a hundred years and it was a Christian led people that were trying to take over and killing anyone that got in their way, twice in a row. Back further and further and you'll find different groups with different gods or no god at all doing the same thing. It isn't any one group that's doing it. It's humans, that's the only thing they have in common. It's not even their religion that's driving them to do it. It's just a convenient excuse and unifying theory for people that already have those tendencies.

Now I'm all for squashing the perpetrators like a bug when they arise but the idea that, if you see a group in the news doing ill **** you can just assume that all members of that group are into it is pretty screwed up. It won't be long before that same mentality is turned towards your group when it serves another group whether it's Muslims, Christians, Blacks, gun owners or Packers fans.

Gunhaver
07-03-2012, 11:05

It's usually the atheists that keep that in mind the most. Probably because they're least likely to fail basic logic tests.

Some bloops will bleep.
Blip is a bloop.
Must Blip bleep?

Or maybe it's just because when we hear, "Those people are what's wrong with the world!!!"

http://www.horror-movies.ca/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/bodysnatchers1.jpg

We just hear a boy crying "Wolf!".

cowboywannabe
07-03-2012, 11:12
Muslims argue among themselves about what it means to be a true Muslim just like Christians argue among themselves about what it means to be a true Christian.

if you pick and choose which parts of the faith you like and do not follow the other parts youre not really either one.

like The Dice Man said: " you either suck %&*@ or you do not suck %&*@.

youre either pregnant or not pregnant.

Gunhaver
07-03-2012, 11:30
unlike an inanimate hurricane or lions at the zoo, we had hoped the muslims would at least be a step up from the chimps.

But just like hurricanes or lions there is a very obvious danger that was ignored. In fact I'd say the hurricanes and the lions were safer because they're more predictable. It's like the rape victim that expected to be able to pass out drunk in the back room of a frat party with a short skirt on and remain untouched. Her rapist is no less a horrible person but she could have easily avoided the situation.

Many Muslims are just as far above the chimps as the rest of us but get a whole lot of them together in a 3rd world ****hole and that's never the case. Everybody knows that.

Gunhaver
07-03-2012, 11:33
if you pick and choose which parts of the faith you like and do not follow the other parts youre not really either one.

Then I guess there's no such thing as a true Christian. Or true Muslim for that matter. Atheist is pretty easy though. Not much to keep straight.

cowboywannabe
07-03-2012, 11:38
Then I guess there's no such thing as a true Christian. Or true Muslim for that matter. Atheist is pretty easy though. Not much to keep straight.

sure there are. a whole lot of folks in the middle east practice islam to the letter. there are christians that do the same. and an athiest only has a problem when they have an orgasm....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Cavalry Doc
07-03-2012, 14:01

Akil,

Perhaps if you could link to a few statements about Imams condemning this barbaric act, it would help.

Cavalry Doc
07-03-2012, 14:03

You sure about that? :whistling:

It's all a gradient, some are more devout, some less.

muscogee
07-03-2012, 14:05

I agree but all the faithful do it. They have to because you can't live by unchanging rules made 1500-6000 years ago. They don't work today.

Cavalry Doc
07-03-2012, 14:05
sure there are. a whole lot of folks in the middle east practice islam to the letter. there are christians that do the same. and an athiest only has a problem when they have an orgasm....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ok, I'll admit it, you lost me there at the end. What is that supposed to mean?

Gunhaver
07-03-2012, 14:42
Ok, I'll admit it, you lost me there at the end. What is that supposed to mean?

Sometimes we slip up and call out "Oh God!"

I tend to go with the chick's name. Observation tells me that she has more to do with it.

Gunhaver
07-03-2012, 14:45

Yeah, and for every one that claims they're following it to the letter there's another one that tells them they aren't. It's all about interpretation you know.

cowboywannabe
07-03-2012, 18:10

I tend to go with the chick's name. Observation tells me that she has more to do with it.

im glad somebody else got that...i was giggling the whole time i typed it wonder who else would.....

like when the dahli lama went in to the pizza shop and asked the clerk to make him one with everything....:rofl:

Cavalry Doc
07-03-2012, 20:07

Interesting. Freudian slip?

Gunhaver
07-03-2012, 22:03
Interesting. Freudian slip?

The way I do it it's more of a Freudian slide.
http://twistedsifter.sifter.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/gary-larson-freudian-slide-funniest-best-farside-comic.jpg

English
07-04-2012, 06:55
It's like the members here that constantly have to point out that a gas station robber or welfare recipient in the news was black. "I knew what color they were before I clicked on the link."

So what? Why does that need to be pointed out when we can all see it unless you want to remind everybody that you're very focused on the color of people's skin rather than what they have done? Muslims commit horrible acts every day. So do many other groups. Muslims happen to be at the top of that game at this point in history. Go back less than a hundred years and it was a Christian led people that were trying to take over and killing anyone that got in their way, twice in a row. Back further and further and you'll find different groups with different gods or no god at all doing the same thing. It isn't any one group that's doing it. It's humans, that's the only thing they have in common. It's not even their religion that's driving them to do it. It's just a convenient excuse and unifying theory for people that already have those tendencies.

Now I'm all for squashing the perpetrators like a bug when they arise but the idea that, if you see a group in the news doing ill **** you can just assume that all members of that group are into it is pretty screwed up. It won't be long before that same mentality is turned towards your group when it serves another group whether it's Muslims, Christians, Blacks, gun owners or Packers fans.

I have a lot of sympathy with your logical tolerance, or tolerant logic, but this is a real problem that is happening now. The history of different cultures matters litle in comparison Every year that we refuse to face up to it makes the solution significantly more difficult.

A few years back the mugging statistics in London were that 90% of mugging were committed by blacks. Since the blacks were only 10% of the population that meant that a random black man was 90 times as likely to be a mugger than a random non black man. That is a dramatic statistic which public policy should have adapted to but since mugging is committed by only a small minority it is not a useful guide to how an individual black man should be treated.

In much the same way, the overwhelming statistics about which people commit the most terrorist acts, the most ethnic cleansing, the most rapes and so on, inside and outside wester democracies, should be something that informs public policy, but it is no guide to an individual Muslim.

There are, of course, many Muslims who are not driven by extremist viewpoints but the fact remains that many others are driven by those viewpoints. Worse than that is that any family of "good" Muslims can produce children who become extremists because extremism is built into the religion and forms a substantial part of the Muslim population.

At the time of the American war of independence, only some 15% actively supported breaking away from English rule. A small majority wished to remain English. Yet the determined idealistic minority won.

As long as we have Muslims within our free western democracies we will have home grown Islamic terrorism and demands for more and more concessions towards Muslims. I see no reason why pre existing populations should be subjected to this in the name of tolerance and multi culturalism.

English

English
07-04-2012, 06:58
The way I do it it's more of a Freudian slide.
http://twistedsifter.sifter.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/gary-larson-freudian-slide-funniest-best-farside-comic.jpg

Do you know where I can get a Freudian Slide for my G20?

English

Cavalry Doc
07-04-2012, 07:38

Akil,

Perhaps if you could link to a few statements about Imams condemning this barbaric act, it would help.

:popcorn:

snowbird
07-04-2012, 10:04

But good guys don't get killed over such Christian arguments, whereas with Muslims:
-a Muslim in Afghan army uniform just shot and wounded 5 (likely American) NATO soldiers. This follows the 3 British soldiers shot and killed Sunday by an Afghan policeman (Muslim). These are part of the 20 killed by rogue (Muslim) shootings in Afghanistan this year.

-in Tampa, the (Muslim) family of a Kosovo Muslim who became a US citizen and plotted to use explosives and machine guns to attack a Tampa night spot, take prisoners and demand the release of Muslim prisoners, has threatened the lawyer defending the Muslim in court. The lawyer now wants off the case.

-today's total of deadly Muslim attacks has moved up to 19,158 (while such Christian attacks remain at zero)

-in Murfreesboro, a judge has ordered work stopped on a mega-mosque, but the mosque leaders are defying the order. Will the ruling be enforced, or will Islamic supremacists once again be allowed to flout our laws?

It comes down to, do we want freedom or slavery?

Do we want, "Congress shall make no law establishing a religion", or do we want, "the Koran to be the highest authority in America and Islam the only accepted religion on earth"?

Do we want, "freedom of speech", or do we want, "no blasphemy against the Prophet Mohammed and no anti-Islam films by Dutch legislators"?

Do we want the Second Amendment, or do we want, "Infidels shall not gird swords nor bear any kind of arms or carry them on their persons"? (From the Pact of Umar, imposed by Muslims on conquered Syrian Christians (called dhimmis) in the 7th century).

AS English says in post #82, I see no reason why preexisting populations should be subjected to this in the name of tolerance and multiculturalism.

Happy Independence Day!

steveksux
07-04-2012, 11:16
Where I'm from we shoot mad dogs. Biting is never a issue.Pity the folks in DC. Without access to handguns, they've had to bite the mad dogs all these years.

Randy

steveksux
07-04-2012, 11:26

I tend to go with the chick's name. Observation tells me that she has more to do with it."Oh baby!" Generic is always safer when you're single.

Randy

steveksux
07-04-2012, 11:27
im glad somebody else got that...i was giggling the whole time i typed it wonder who else would.....

like when the dahli lama went in to the pizza shop and asked the clerk to make him one with everything....:rofl:

I got it too, well played, sir! :rofl:

Randy

muscogee
07-04-2012, 11:36
But good guys don't get killed over such Christian arguments, whereas with Muslims:
-a Muslim in Afghan army uniform just shot and wounded 5 (likely American) NATO soldiers. This follows the 3 British soldiers shot and killed Sunday by an Afghan policeman (Muslim). These are part of the 20 killed by rogue (Muslim) shootings in Afghanistan this year.

-in Tampa, the (Muslim) family of a Kosovo Muslim who became a US citizen and plotted to use explosives and machine guns to attack a Tampa night spot, take prisoners and demand the release of Muslim prisoners, has threatened the lawyer defending the Muslim in court. The lawyer now wants off the case.

-today's total of deadly Muslim attacks has moved up to 19,158 (while such Christian attacks remain at zero)

-in Murfreesboro, a judge has ordered work stopped on a mega-mosque, but the mosque leaders are defying the order. Will the ruling be enforced, or will Islamic supremacists once again be allowed to flout our laws?

It comes down to, do we want freedom or slavery?

Do we want, "Congress shall make no law establishing a religion", or do we want, "the Koran to be the highest authority in America and Islam the only accepted religion on earth"?

Do we want, "freedom of speech", or do we want, "no blasphemy against the Prophet Mohammed and no anti-Islam films by Dutch legislators"?

Do we want the Second Amendment, or do we want, "Infidels shall not gird swords nor bear any kind of arms or carry them on their persons"? (From the Pact of Umar, imposed by Muslims on conquered Syrian Christians (called dhimmis) in the 7th century).

AS English says in post #82, I see no reason why preexisting populations should be subjected to this in the name of tolerance and multiculturalism.

Happy Independence Day!

Why do you only concentrate on Muslims killing Christians? They kill substantially more Muslims than they do Christians. It has to do with the cultures involved and not the religion. Like most cultures, they make their religion agree with what they want to believe.

Tolerance and multiculturalism are totally different concepts. My concept of tolerance is live and let live. Multiculturalism insists that I respect your culture and treat it the same as I do mine. That is contrary to the First Amendment because it denies me the right to ignore your culture and live as I choose. Of course, that's unrealistic as well. I can't choose to murder people who irritate me so there has to be some standard. I prefer a middle path which has a few laws as necessary for civilization to flourish. I want those laws based on common sense and pragmatism rather than some ancient theocratic notions based on the un-provable idea that several centuries, ago or longer, God told someone how he wanted people to behave.

Gunhaver
07-04-2012, 11:39
Do you know where I can get a Freudian Slide for my G20?

English

http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/1/22448000/ngbbs4d55ef7c5fd01.jpg

English
07-04-2012, 12:26
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/1/22448000/ngbbs4d55ef7c5fd01.jpg

I liked that almost as much as your cartoon!

English

Gunhaver
07-04-2012, 13:10
You can get a switch for it that replaces the rear cover plate and makes it fully sodomatic.

snowbird
07-05-2012, 08:17
Why do you only concentrate on Muslims killing Christians?

You haven't been paying attention.

I've repeatedly mentioned the Hindu Holocaust, when Muslims murdered 80 million Hindus in their invasion of the Indian subcontinent. And the Muslim murders of Buddhists in Thailand, for example, just a couple of days ago, in Yala, Thailand, a 49-year-old Buddhist man on his way home was blown apart by Muslim bombers.

Why do dhimmis keep apologizing for murderous Muslims?

muscogee
07-05-2012, 08:58
You haven't been paying attention.

I've repeatedly mentioned the Hindu Holocaust, when Muslims murdered 80 million Hindus in their invasion of the Indian subcontinent. And the Muslim murders of Buddhists in Thailand, for example, just a couple of days ago, in Yala, Thailand, a 49-year-old Buddhist man on his way home was blown apart by Muslim bombers.

Why do dhimmis keep apologizing for murderous Muslims?

So it's OK when Christians kill people, but it's not OK for people of any other religious group to do it? Sounds rather small minded to me.

English
07-05-2012, 09:40
So it's OK when Christians kill people, but it's not OK for people of any other religious group to do it? Sounds rather small minded to me.

We need to put this in context. Stalin killed about 69 million of his own people. Mao killed about 49 million. Hitler about 25 million. None of these mass murders were Christian and they did heir killing at a time of relatively large modern population sizes and there is good reason to believe that the figures are fairly accurate.

In comparison the Muslim killing of 80 million Hindus is probably a gross under calculation since only the most dramatic events were reported. At that time the world population was also much smaller than it is today. I think you would find it very hard to find comparable numbers of mass murders by a Christian regime or comparable numbers of non combatants killed in war.

I say this as someone with no allegiance to Christianity or desire to see them prosper, but in comparison to Muslims they are quite benign.

English

muscogee
07-05-2012, 10:10
I say this as someone with no allegiance to Christianity or desire to see them prosper, but in comparison to Muslims they are quite benign.

English

Christian fanatics are benign in comparison to Muslim fanatics because there are fewer Christian fanatics. That's because Christianity is the dominate religion in the world. If Christianity were in the subordinate position and being forced out by Islam I doubt that would be the case.

However, not all Muslims are murderous fanatics. It's the stereotyping that bothers me. If people living in a predominately Muslims country act abominably many in this forum blame it on "The Muslims". If people living in a predominately Christian country do the same thing they blame the individual and give their religion a free pass. That's illogical and hypocritical.

Fred Hansen
07-05-2012, 14:48
Christian fanatics are benign in comparison to Muslim fanatics because there are fewer Christian fanatics. That's because Christianity is the dominate religion in the world. If Christianity were in the subordinate position and being forced out by Islam I doubt that would be the case.

However, not all Muslims are murderous fanatics. It's the stereotyping that bothers me. If people living in a predominately Muslims country act abominably many in this forum blame it on "The Muslims". If people living in a predominately Christian country do the same thing they blame the individual and give their religion a free pass. That's illogical and hypocritical.Horse****.

The #1 group that Muslims slaughter most is fellow Muslims. I guess you blame that on Christians too, right? :upeyes:

Cavalry Doc
07-05-2012, 15:21
Horse****.

The #1 group that Muslims slaughter most is fellow Muslims. I guess you blame that on Christians too, right? :upeyes:

Fred Hansen
07-05-2012, 15:40
:popcorn:It's always the same old liberal bilge; the little darkies can't help their behavior, 'cause mean ol' whitey is unfairly keeping them down. Biggest, most racist crock of bilge there is.

I guess cannibalism was once a fairly common human trait because everyone knew that eventually whitey would be "keepin' 'em down", so... may as well eat grandma.

:upeyes:

muscogee
07-05-2012, 16:01
Horse****.

You seriously misunderstood my response to English. I have made the same point you just made several times.

muscogee
07-05-2012, 16:04
It's always the same old liberal bilge; the little darkies can't help their behavior, 'cause mean ol' whitey is unfairly keeping them down. Biggest, most racist crock of bilge there is.

I guess cannibalism was once a fairly common human trait because everyone knew that eventually whitey would be "keepin' 'em down", so... may as well eat grandma.

:upeyes:

That's a straw man argument. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

Where did anyone in this forum write anything like that?

kirgi08
07-05-2012, 16:05

Fred Hansen
07-05-2012, 16:06
You seriously misunderstood my response to English. I have made the same point you just made several times.No misunderstanding (on my part) whatsoever.

Fred Hansen
07-05-2012, 16:08
That's a straw man argument. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

Where did anyone in this forum write anything like that?Post #9 on this thread.You don't wave red meat in front of starving dogs and then complaint because you get bitten.

Cavalry Doc
07-05-2012, 16:53
No misunderstanding (on my part) whatsoever.

To be fair, Muscogee has a history that makes it understandable (by me anyway) why he is a little short fused with Christianity.

If he wants to bring it up the details, he can, I don't think it's my place.

That doesn't excuse coloring with such a broad brush. But I understand it. :dunno:

muscogee
07-05-2012, 16:53
Post #9 on this thread.

You interpreted that to mean "the little darkies can't help their behavior, 'cause mean ol' whitey is unfairly keeping them down."? Yep, that's a straw man.

Cavalry Doc
07-05-2012, 16:56
Many Muslims in that part of the world have some serious sexual hang ups. How would we feel if a woman walked around naked and then complaine about being grouped? You don't wave red meat in front of starving dogs and then complaint because you get bitten.

Actually, groping the naked lady would still constitute sexual assault. Being the one that forcibly ripped off her clothes doesn't absolve anyone of anything.

Try not to excuse barbaric behavior. It's bad no matter who does it.

muscogee
07-05-2012, 20:16
Actually, groping the naked lady would still constitute sexual assault. Being the one that forcibly ripped off her clothes doesn't absolve anyone of anything.

Try not to excuse barbaric behavior. It's bad no matter who does it.

I'm not excusing anything. The mob acted barbaric. Mobs tend to do that. The woman was foolish for putting herself in that position and thinking she would be treated with respect. As Saint Ambrose advised, "When in Rome, do as the Romans do." One shouldn't walk into a mob of religious zealots in revolutionary mood, flaunt their traditions, and expect to walk away unscathed.

Many years ago Jeff Cooper commented on a young married couple who decided to ride from Germany to Cape Town South Africa on a motorcycle for their honeymoon. Cooper's comment was, "To the surprise of no one, except possible themselves, they were never heard from again". I feel the same way about this situation.

Cavalry Doc
07-05-2012, 20:25
I'm not excusing anything. The mob acted barbaric. Mobs tend to do that. The woman was foolish for putting herself in that position and thinking she would be treated with respect. As Saint Ambrose advised, "When in Rome, do as the Romans do." One shouldn't walk into a mob of religious zealots in revolutionary mood, flaunt their traditions, and expect to walk away unscathed.

Many years ago Jeff Cooper commented on a young married couple who decided to ride from Germany to Cape Town South Africa on a motorcycle for their honeymoon. Cooper's comment was, "To the surprise of no one, except possible themselves, they were never heard from again". I feel the same way about this situation.

I'll agree with you there. It might be sexist, but no non-Muslim female journalists should be traveling to any Muslim countries, and if they do, they should be as stealthy as ninjas.

http://hiddenmeanings.com/burka.jpg

Kingarthurhk
07-06-2012, 22:43
I'll agree with you there. It might be sexist, but no non-Muslim female journalists should be traveling to any Muslim countries, and if they do, they should be as stealthy as ninjas.

http://hiddenmeanings.com/burka.jpg

It is a sad state of affairs.

White people shouldn't be allowed in Harlem after dark, gay people shouldn't be allowed to be in rural Mississippi, women shouldn't be allowed to be around Muslim men, and should we continue with what people shouldn't be allowed to do? Or should we say there is a serious problem when the violent are allowed to control the liberty of others?

cowboywannabe
07-06-2012, 23:26
It is a sad state of affairs.

White people shouldn't be allowed in Harlem after dark, gay people shouldn't be allowed to be in rural Mississippi, women and young boys shouldn't be allowed to be around Muslim men, and should we continue with what people shouldn't be allowed to do? Or should we say there is a serious problem when the violent are allowed to control the liberty of others?

bold added to make it realistic.

IBTL.

Fred Hansen
07-07-2012, 03:00
You interpreted that to mean "the little darkies can't help their behavior, 'cause mean ol' whitey is unfairly keeping them down."? Yep, that's a straw man.Not so much as a wisp of straw.

You don't wave red meat in front of starving dogs and then complaint because you get bitten.Poor darlings act like animals, but they get a pass because...Christian fanatics are benign in comparison to Muslim fanatics because there are fewer Christian fanatics. That's because Christianity is the dominate religion in the world. If Christianity were in the subordinate position and being forced out by Islam I doubt that would be the case.Ding! Ding! Ding!!! Mean ol' whitey Christians dominate them. :upeyes:

So, despite the fact that all of us... Muslim, Jew, Christian, Hindu, Agnostic, Atheist, Scientologist, etc. live right here, and right ****ing now, in the 21st ****ing century, everybody is supposed to tiptoe around the one group for whom mindless animalistic behavior is not just a sport, but is considered their most holy sacrament should an "infidel" get whacked in the process. And all in the name of that most holy of liberal sacraments, political correctness.

As I said, same tired old liberal bilge. :wavey:

muscogee
07-07-2012, 07:35
Not so much as a wisp of straw.

You're responding to something you imagined. Not what I wrote.

Poor darlings act like animals, but they get a pass because...Ding! Ding! Ding!!! Mean ol' whitey Christians dominate them. :upeyes: So you don't believe in personal responsibility? People should be able to go anywhere and act any way they want and everyone else should accommodate them? I disagree.

So, despite the fact that all of us... Muslim, Jew, Christian, Hindu, Agnostic, Atheist, Scientologist, etc. live right here, and right ****ing now, in the 21st ****ing century, everybody is supposed to tiptoe around the one group for whom mindless animalistic behavior is not just a sport, but is considered their most holy sacrament should an "infidel" get whacked in the process. And all in the name of that most holy of liberal sacraments, political correctness. So you don't get worked up over gay lesbian/parades? You're OK with men kissing and committing sexual act in public? Good to know you're so tolerant.

As I said, same tired old liberal bilge. :wavey: Same shallow reasoning.

Cavalry Doc
07-07-2012, 07:36
Not so much as a wisp of straw.

Poor darlings act like animals, but they get a pass because...Ding! Ding! Ding!!! Mean ol' whitey Christians dominate them. :upeyes:

So, despite the fact that all of us... Muslim, Jew, Christian, Hindu, Agnostic, Atheist, Scientologist, etc. live right here, and right ****ing now, in the 21st ****ing century, everybody is supposed to tiptoe around the one group for whom mindless animalistic behavior is not just a sport, but is considered their most holy sacrament should an "infidel" get whacked in the process. And all in the name of that most holy of liberal sacraments, political correctness.

As I said, same tired old liberal bilge. :wavey:

Liberal political correctness and fear of being labeled Islamophobic has killed friends of mine. I tend to view bad behavior as bad behavior, period. There are ways to deal with these kinds of issues. And for the solution, in this I am liberal. I am for the liberal use of ordnance when it is needed.

Cavalry Doc
07-07-2012, 07:39

So you don't believe in personal responsibility? People should be able to go anywhere and act any way they want and everyone else should accommodate them? I disagree.

So you don't get worked up over gay lesbian/parades? You're OK with men kissing and committing sexual act in public? Good to know you're so tolerant.

Same shallow reasoning.

:shocked::shocked: Wait a minute?? :faint:

I'm hoping you lost me, are you for or against people committing sexual acts in public????

muscogee
07-07-2012, 08:33
:shocked::shocked: Wait a minute?? :faint:

I'm hoping you lost me, are you for or against people committing sexual acts in public????

Of course I'm against public displays of sex. My point was about individual irresponsibility. There's a price to be paid by the individual when he/she flaunts cultural norms. Fred wants to blame the culture. IMO, the fault lies with the individual.

Of course, Fred's ethnocentric. It's OK to flaunt someone else's culture, just not his. When someone dresses indecently and goes out in public, he/she can expect to be harassed. Indecent dress is in the eye of the beholder. The woman in the article choose to dress indecently by the norms of the culture and flaunt it in public. She got harassed. The same thing would happen nearly anywhere.

Cavalry Doc
07-07-2012, 08:57
Of course I'm against public displays of sex. My point was about individual irresponsibility. There's a price to be paid by the individual when he/she flaunts cultural norms. Fred wants to blame the culture. IMO, the fault lies with the individual.

Of course, Fred's ethnocentric. It's OK to flaunt someone else's culture, just not his. When someone dresses indecently and goes out in public, he/she can expect to be harassed. Indecent dress is in the eye of the beholder. The woman in the article choose to dress indecently by the norms of the culture and flaunt it in public. She got harassed. The same thing would happen nearly anywhere.

Uh, she got more than harassed. She was stripped, and had things inserted into her "woman parts".

But back to this being her fault.... :upeyes:

I found this on a tourist site:
Egypt is supposed to be one of the most modern country in entire Middle East & Africa.Contrary to the belief the all women here use veil( Hizab), I found almost every where married and un married work freely with or without the usual head scarf, speak English, mix freely and speak very politely. Most of the Egyptian women are very beautiful, smart, and can easily be compared with women of any other part of the world.

See the picture of Rania, our Cairo city guide, who speaks very good English, just like the Europeans, married to a senior govt.servant, smokes frequently, wears European clothes, very friendly, people just love her as guide. She has very vast knowledge on Egyptian Civilization. Read about her more.

http://cache.virtualtourist.com/15/4950852-Raniaour_beautiful_smart_Cairo_guide_Cairo.jpg

Read more: http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Africa/Egypt/Muhafazat_al_Qahirah/Cairo-2008750/Local_Customs-Cairo-Dress_Codes_for_Women-BR-1.html#ixzz1zwth7ayS

In your mind, what did you imagine the reporter was wearing that made this her fault?

I'm beginning to think that you aren't very good at recognizing cause and effect relationships.

snowbird
07-07-2012, 09:07
Try not to excuse barbaric behavior.

To any dhimmis reading this, listen to what the good doctor says.

Cavalry Doc, do you know any Muslim psychiatrists? Any who could give insight into Islamic anger management, for example? At today's www.jihadwatch.com, there's a bit about a Jordanian Member of Parliament, Mohammed Shawabka, pulling his concealed handgun on his critic during live TV debate, while dressed up in a suit and looking all respectable and civilized (but then again, the Koran does okay deception -silly me, I keep forgetting:)).

Cavalry Doc
07-07-2012, 09:16
To any dhimmis reading this, listen to what the good doctor says.

Cavalry Doc, do you know any Muslim psychiatrists? Any who could give insight into Islamic anger management, for example? At today's www.jihadwatch.com, there's a bit about a Jordanian Member of Parliament, Mohammed Shawabka, pulling his concealed handgun on his critic during live TV debate, while dressed up in a suit and looking all respectable and civilized (but then again, the Koran does okay deception -silly me, I keep forgetting:)).

I'm only familiar with one muslim psychiatrist, and unfortunately, they aren't taking volunteers to push the plunger on the needle he needs to get. (I checked) Otherwise, I'd gladly do it.

I spent several months with a muslim physician, who was a translator for me in Kosovo. I had a guy that was a hair dressor/barber in the states of Iraqi descent, that was a translator for us in Iraq. He wasn't the type to pray 5 times a day, and had no problem talking about what to watch out for when dealing with Muslims. He was very helpful in interrogations...

Fred Hansen
07-07-2012, 09:56

So you don't believe in personal responsibility? People should be able to go anywhere and act any way they want and everyone else should accommodate them? I disagree.

So you don't get worked up over gay lesbian/parades? You're OK with men kissing and committing sexual act in public? Good to know you're so tolerant.

Same shallow reasoning.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :upeyes:

cowboywannabe
07-07-2012, 12:34
there is a family which moved to my area from iraq. one of the sons is a firefighter here, and the family is more westernized than middle easternized though they keep some of their traditions which are mild and the type that make others interested in them instead of repulsed.

i dont know what religion they are, i will have to ask them next time EMS rolls out for us or something....they came here as refugies during sadam's reign.