Case names and Magazine holders [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Case names and Magazine holders

M24C
06-27-2012, 22:22
Mas,

I’ve been looking without great success for actual cases and the names of them where tried whether civil or criminal on light trigger pulls. I’ve seen where you have mention in articles about a case, but not stating the case name. I’ve seen it also by others people and lawyers mention them as well, But not specific cases. Can you help me out on where to look for some cases that have elements of “Hair Trigger” or where some are listed to find. I believe you on this and everything you say makes sense. I want the case names so when in the forums I've mentioned along with others you are opening yourself to problems legally having a lighter that stock trigger, Most say whom don't want to deal with it "give me case". I can give out some cases when needed. I know this will not shut most of them up, I always feel my job in an argument is to prove my case, though you can't always persuade people. I also see and get a taste of what you have been doing for well over 30 years. There is a very large difference between proof and persuasion. Same goes in court too. Any help would be appreciated.

A second question I had was related to magazine holders. I’ve read allot in your books like the “Concealed Carry” and the “Combat Handgunnery” has tons about gun holsters of which I understand, but very little about spare magazine holsters. I’ve seen your Stressfire Video part I, with spare magazine holders’ in fact double magazine holder. Those seem practical for competition, but for concealed carry they don’t seem practical. I’ve seen some that have snaps and Velcro that hang on the belt, but unless I keep my shirt over the top it doesn’t seem totally practical. There are some IWB I’ve seen, but going another size bigger in pants when already doing that for the gun holster seems it would make the pants real big. I did look into the CCWBreakaways that you had mentioned before, I got some of their pants they have a neat Velcro magazine holder that fits inside the pockets and snuggly holds the magazine in about any position. Other than that I’ve not seen real good solutions other than carrying another gun, which is a possibility too. Do you have any suggestions to look into on spare magazines? Though I would bet if you had a choice between spare magazine and spare gun, you would choose the gun in most cases.

Thanks again Mas for all you do.
M24C

Mas Ayoob
06-28-2012, 07:20
M24C, the first thing you need to do is resign yourself to the reality that a lot of the folks you're debating with have their minds made up and don't want to see facts. They ignore the long institutional history of large LE agencies that have lots of shootings (and lots of lawsuits) and have gotten away from light trigger pulls as a result.

Some cases of unintended discharge due to too-light pulls include NY v. Frank Magliato, Michigan v. Charles Chase, and, in Canada, Crown v. Alan Gossett (going from memory here, not sure of the spelling of "Alan"). Some cases of false allegation of negligent discharge due to light pulls include Florida v. Luis Alvarez and Kentucky v. Rucker (first name escapes me at the moment and I don't have time to look it up.) Those are just from my personal experience. A good insight into how courts look at 3.5 pound pulls on Glocks in particular is found in Santibanes v. Tomball TX, courtesy of an attorney who posts on Glock Talk.

On mag pouches, I'm partial to Ky-Tac (single-cell Kydex), Blade-Tech (double-cell Kydex), and Milt Sparks and Bianchi in leather. If both pouch and holster are too much for IWB, try putting the pouch between belt and pants.

Best,
Mas

M24C
06-29-2012, 08:07
Mas,

THANK YOU!

I've got allot of home work to do.

I Now have the blade-Tech, Bianchi and Milt Sparks on my wish list, along with a bigger set of pants. Though you have a great idea on between the belt and pants for the mean time.

M24C