my glock 30 gen3 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : my glock 30 gen3

Alliance50
06-28-2012, 06:58
I posted this question in the carry forum also then I thought about here would be good place to ask.

I have a g30 gen 3 that has 20 thousand ++ rds thru it and it is also a carry gun for a big percentage of time.

But anyway the trigger pull now breaks at 3 lbs is that considered to light for a carry weapon as far as liability goes? Or is 3lbs kind of the lowest limit for a carry weapon?:wavey:

I hate to change the darn thing it shoots as I said before incredibly.

Mas Ayoob
06-28-2012, 07:29
You didn't mention what connector you have in it or what work has been done to it, but three pounds is way too light for anything but a dedicated target pistol according to Glock armorer specs.

I would run, not walk to a Glock armorer and have it thoroughly inspected before carrying or shooting it again. It's not in spec. Quite apart from civil liability (yes, it's there and search here on GT will turn up extensive discussion), the pistol is so far below the 5.5 pound spec of the trigger that's in the standard G30 as normally sold, that it may be dangerous until it's squared away.

All I can tell you without examining the gun,
Mas

Alliance50
06-28-2012, 08:06
You didn't mention what connector you have in it or what work has been done to it, but three pounds is way too light for anything but a dedicated target pistol according to Glock armorer specs.

I would run, not walk to a Glock armorer and have it thoroughly inspected before carrying or shooting it again. It's not in spec. Quite apart from civil liability (yes, it's there and search here on GT will turn up extensive discussion), the pistol is so far below the 5.5 pound spec of the trigger that's in the standard G30 as normally sold, that it may be dangerous until it's squared away.

All I can tell you without examining the gun,
Mas

Thanks Mas
I am in the process of getting all new guts and replacing them, It's due after 20 + thousand rds.
And in response to the connector everything is original other than sights and recoil spring I have changed a few times.