Never happened before! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Never happened before!

rppnj
06-28-2012, 07:05
I received an NRA email with a link to Lou Dobbs interviewing Wayne LaPierre, NRA Director, about "Fast & Furious". I tried to forward the link to several friends and immediately rec'd a message back that my email was not sent out because it was "determined to be spam".

rppnj
06-28-2012, 07:13
I received an NRA email with a link to Lou Dobbs interviewing Wayne LaPierre, NRA Director, about "Fast & Furious". I tried to forward the link to several friends and immediately rec'd a message back that my email was not sent out because it was "determined to be spam".

Sorry, I inadvertantly hit a "button" that sent my post before I was finished. To continue...This has NEVER happened to any emails that I have forwarded in more than 20 years of sending emails. I do not believe in coincidence. Something "smells" about this! Are forwarded NRA emails, potentially critical of BHO, now being "flagged" as spam now that it's getting closer to the election?

rppnj
06-28-2012, 08:11
A friend just emailed this to me me regarding Google. "During the Bush (W) administration, if you typed the word "incompetent" (I think that was the word) into Google's search engine, the first item that came up was George W. Bush. Google later apologized."

Gundude
06-28-2012, 08:12
Is your email provider gmail?

rppnj
06-28-2012, 08:13
BTW...here's the link to the video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QCvqwnix5g

rppnj
06-28-2012, 08:24
Is your email provider gmail?

My email provider is Verizon...but the people I forwarded the email to use gmail. I'm not sure who determines whether something is flagged as spam...my email provider or the email provider of the person that I sent the email to. I'm trying not to over-react to this but I've never had this happen before and I do not trust this administration (or its liberal cronies) from pulling a stunt like this.

Gundude
06-28-2012, 08:41
My email provider is Verizon...but the people I forwarded the email to use gmail. I'm not sure who determines whether something is flagged as spam...my email provider or the email provider of the person that I sent the email to. I'm trying not to over-react to this but I've never had this happen before and I do not trust this administration (or its liberal cronies) from pulling a stunt like this.First off, it would not be the administration itself doing this. Obviously, the email got delivered to you. There isn't a government conspiracy to prevent these emails from propagating.

Both the sending and receiving servers have spam filters. If the message said what you said:I tried to forward the link to several friends and immediately rec'd a message back that my email was not sent out because it was "determined to be spam".then it is Verizon blocking it from even leaving its own mail server. It is very easy to determine exactly who rejected the email, usually by the wording of the rejection email, and if not, then always by the email headers themselves (most email readers have a button or menu item you can click to see the headers).

There's nothing particularly sinister about this. Private corporations are in control of your email deliverability and your internet search results. They can filter them (almost) any way they choose. The people inside private corporations have political preferences, from the CEO down to the guy who administers the spam filter.

The most you can do is switch to a different provider, and make this information known so that others with the same provider can be aware of whether it is happening to them, and they can make the same choice.

rppnj
06-28-2012, 09:14
Thanks "Gundude". I appreciate the information. I'm not familiar with the behind-the-scenes "workings" of email. I was just concerned that if this happened to me, it may be preventing thousands of others from getting the message out that this administration is taking away our basic freedoms.

If BHO is re-elected and he is able to appoint a majority SCOTUS, our great country is doomed. We need another Ronald Reagan...is there anyone left in the Republican Party who has the guts to stand up for what they believe in like Ronald Reagan? IMHO, 2012 had one of the most "wishy washy", spineless group of Republican candidates that we have ever had to choose from! If you are familiar with Gov. Chris Christie of NJ, he's the closest thing we have to a politician with real "guts".