Holder in Contempt [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Holder in Contempt

aircarver
06-28-2012, 15:07
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/jun/28/house-eric-holder-contempt-vote-fast-furious-probe/

JFrame
06-28-2012, 15:09
Yeah -- I watched some of Holder's weaselly "I'm the victim" post-Contempt speech before I had to go to the bathroom to throw up.

Good on the 17 Democrats who crossed the aisle to give the vote some semblance of bipartisanship.

callihan_44
06-28-2012, 15:12
Im amazed he's still the AG...

JFrame
06-28-2012, 15:17
Im amazed he's still the AG...

I'm amazed that he was EVER the AG...

Well, considering the radical leftist thug we have in the Oval Office -- no I'm not...

Lethaltxn
06-28-2012, 15:22
Yeah -- I watched some of Holder's weaselly "I'm the victim" post-Contempt speech before I had to go to the bathroom to throw up.

Good on the 17 Democrats who crossed the aisle to give the vote some semblance of bipartisanship.

Victim hood is ingrained into the liberal mindset. It's everyone's fault but mine.

DOC44
06-28-2012, 15:23
I'm amazed that he was EVER the AG...

Well, considering the radical leftist thug we have in the Oval Office -- no I'm not...

Birds of a feather flock and stick together..... didn't say anything about blue birds.

Doc44

Kablam
06-28-2012, 15:28
So now he's officially been held in contempt. Now what? Besides giving the progressive dems ammo to scream racism and partisanism, what good does it do?

DOC44
06-28-2012, 15:35
Holder in contempt both criminally and civily

Doc44

Just1More
06-28-2012, 15:39
A bunch of pathetic Democrats walked out without voting. Every time they don't get their way, they run away. Playground tactics.

JFrame
06-28-2012, 15:40
So now he's officially been held in contempt. Now what? Besides giving the progressive dems ammo to scream racism and partisanism, what good does it do?

I'm not sure...But having the label "the only AG ever to be held in Contempt of Congress" can't be a good thing for Holder or the administration. The Contempt action did elevate the F&F story to a level where even the most strident leftist "news services" had to cover it, and explain to some extent what F&F was all about.

And hopefully someone is still trying to get his hands on that evidently damning piece of documentation that Obama/Holder don't want to release...

DOC44
06-28-2012, 15:41
A bunch of pathetic Democrats walked out without voting. Every time they don't get their way, they run away. Playground tactics.

Did they check in at a Super 8 in IL next to a KFC?:dunno:

Doc44

Lethaltxn
06-28-2012, 15:42
I'm not sure...But having the label "the only AG ever to be held in Contempt of Congress" can't be a good thing for Holder or the administration. The Contempt action did elevate the F&F story to a level where even the most strident leftist "news services" had to cover it, and explain to some extent what F&F was all about.

And hopefully someone is still trying to get his hands on that evidently damning piece of documentation that Obama/Holder don't want to release...

If it isn't in pieces or ashes.

brickboy240
06-28-2012, 15:43
The only bright spot of the day.

JFrame
06-28-2012, 15:45
If it isn't in pieces or ashes.

Possibly -- but the thing with documents is that they can be duplicated ad infinitum by people who want to cover their azzes. I'm not sure I'd want to be the one shredding an original, only to have a copy turn up and someone asking, "Uh -- what did you do with the original?"

snerd
06-28-2012, 15:45
Guilty of criminal contempt, worn as a badge of honor by this thug admin.

kirgi08
06-28-2012, 15:46
:woohoo:

JFrame
06-28-2012, 15:50
Guilty of criminal contempt, worn as a badge of honor by this thug admin.

Criminal AND civil contempt -- they covered the bases... :cool:

Skyhook
06-28-2012, 15:54
Holder is a contemptible weasel in dark plumage, but he runs with a powerful crowd which cannot take the heat.

Remember the DemocRATS of WI running away?

Cowards and prevaricators every one.

Despicable SOBs. :steamed:

Kablam
06-28-2012, 15:57

I wish I believed that matters to people. Bill Clinton ran around the oval office with his pants around his ankles and was impeached for lying to congress and he's still loved by dems.

JFrame
06-28-2012, 16:01
I wish I believed that matters to people. Bill Clinton ran around the oval office with his pants around his ankles and was impeached for lying to congress and he's still loved by dems.

Agreed...

The GOP (and a few Democrats) did what they could to get at the truth of Brian Terry's murder and the subsequent cover-up. I see this as one of those moral issues where the effort HAS to be made, regardless of the outcome. And again -- hopefully that damning piece of paper surfaces in time to matter to all concerned.

Kablam
06-28-2012, 16:03
I agree. The effort has to be made.

Gundude
06-28-2012, 16:11
Agreed...

The GOP (and a few Democrats) did what they could to get at the truth of Brian Terry's murder and the subsequent cover-up. I see this as one of those moral issues where the effort HAS to be made, regardless of the outcome. And again -- hopefully that damning piece of paper surfaces in time to matter to all concerned.

.You don't really believe this was done on moral grounds, do you?

Every once in a while, what's right and what's politically advantageous align.

If we could somehow make those things align more often, we'd really start to get some mileage from our folks in Washington.

JFrame
06-28-2012, 16:18
You don't really believe this was done on moral grounds, do you?

Every once in a while, what's right and what's politically advantageous align.

If we could somehow make those things align more often, we'd really start to get some mileage from our folks in Washington.

Regarding that bolded portion -- if it's right, I certainly don't mind if it's politically advantageous also. Being "right," it is an inherently moral pursuit. I can't get into the hearts of all the congressmen to determine how many of them operated, at least to some extent, with true outrage over the death of Agent Terry and the duplicity of Holder's "Justice" department.

I certainly don't disagree with your last statement.

Gundude
06-28-2012, 16:35
Regarding that bolded portion -- if it's right, I certainly don't mind if it's politically advantageous also. Being "right," it is an inherently moral pursuit. I can't get into the hearts of all the congressmen to determine how many of them operated, at least to some extent, with true outrage over the death of Agent Terry and the duplicity of Holder's "Justice" department.

I certainly don't disagree with your last statement.

.I hear ya. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, and that kinda thing. It's just hard to give them the benefit of the doubt when they let so much other nasty stuff go by unquestioned.

APERS
06-28-2012, 16:58
Nothing will happen to him or all the people involved. Pathetic.

F350
06-28-2012, 17:23
Nothing will happen to him or all the people involved. Pathetic.

It requires he be prosecuted (remember Roger Clemens) by his own DOJ (US Attorney) which is unlikely, unless Mittens gets elected and I would expect Obummer would pardon Holder on his way out the door (along with the White House china and silverware)

lawandorder
06-28-2012, 19:09
Finally ,something I agree with Congress on. I have held him in contempt since the black panther voter intimidation.