Justice Roberts Pleads: 'Lie to Me' [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Justice Roberts Pleads: 'Lie to Me'

Ruble Noon
06-29-2012, 05:17
Whatever the case, our Harvard-educated chief justice -- undergrad and law school -- just made it the law of the land that as long as a president and House speaker and Senate leader lie long enough and in a bald-faced enough way to the entire nation about a society-changing piece of legislation, what they pass is just fine and dandy if we can eventually admit that it's a tax.
Actually, it's more of a stretch than that. Technically, not Obama or Reid or Pelosi has yet admitted that it's a tax. Roberts even did that for them -- and thus he found a perverted way to call it constitutional. He did it to himself.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/06/justice_roberts_pleads_lie_to_me.html#ixzz1zBE9AEMu

aircarver
06-29-2012, 06:41
Roberts just said: "Boy did these politicians sell you a bill of goods. Use the political process to do something about it, not the court"

RussP
06-29-2012, 07:01
Roberts just said: "Boy did these politicians sell you a bill of goods. Use the political process to do something about it, not the court"

.I like that.

Brucev
06-29-2012, 07:09
Anyone who wants to pretend that this matter was not appropriate for the sc to strike down in whole is either a fool or a liar.

aircarver
06-29-2012, 07:11
Anyone who wants to pretend that this matter was not appropriate for the sc to strike down in whole is either a fool or a liar.

They didn't want to read it either .....

evlbruce
06-29-2012, 07:44

Roberts held the the door wide for any crazy notion that Congress can cook up, provided they can cover it in the General Welfare clause.

aircarver
06-29-2012, 08:00
Roberts held the the door wide for any crazy notion that Congress can cook up, provided they can cover it in the General Welfare clause.

But that's always been so ...

It's up to the electorate to control congress.

Fred Hansen
06-29-2012, 08:24
Roberts held the the door wide for any crazy notion that Congress can cook up, provided they can cover it in the General Welfare clause.They don't even need to make the argument. Roberts will make (has made) it for them. Textbook definition of legislating from the bench a.k.a. judicial fiat.

Under this decision there is no law that can be found unconstitutional, provided that a majority of justices percieve said law as having implied a tax/penalty/fee/surcharge/suggested donation/tithe/offering/etc...

evlbruce
06-29-2012, 08:30
But that's always been so ....

If by always you mean only after the mid-30s, then yes. As hard as it is to imagine there was a time when the SCOTUS did strike down government overreach.

aircarver
06-29-2012, 08:34
If by always you mean only after the mid-30s, then yes. As hard as it is to imagine there was a time when the SCOTUS did strike down government overreach.

It also means if the slugs win the tipping point over the producers, we're toast. .... :frown: