berretta bobcat, 1st outing [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : berretta bobcat, 1st outing

mj9mm
06-29-2012, 15:16
I just picked up a new Beretta Bobcat .22 and went straight over to the range. I put about 150 rounds through it, mostly remington High Velocity and a few CCI MiniMags. No Problems with it, all rounds fired, no duds. It is very much a point and shoot gun with the little sights that it has, but was very easy to keep most shots in 3 in. at the 7yard line. it's a fun little gun to shoot, not so much to load the mag though, i need one of those mag loaders and a few extra mags. it will make a nice little pocket gun for back-up behind my CM9 and Glock36.
:wavey:

RGbiker
06-29-2012, 15:28
Great little pocket gun. Try CCI Stinger and Aquila Interceptor HV ammo.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

ronin.45
06-29-2012, 15:32
Sounds like you got a keeper!

I'm thinking about getting another one for pocket carry. It's just so small and light, it disappears in a pocket.

Foxtrotx1
06-29-2012, 15:33
I <3 Beretta

mj9mm
06-29-2012, 15:35
I know, i got to get out and find to other brands of ammo to try, thats half the fun of this thing. another plus to this little guy is popping the barrel up and slipping in a cb cap for plinking on the quiet side.

DFin
06-29-2012, 15:39
Mine has to be clean and wet with oil or it will FTF or FTE. Also, one of my Mecgar mags has started to cause FTF's. The factory original mag has been used a lot more but is the most reliable for me. The mags are easy to load though. I just pull down on the nub on the side of the follower with my thumb to depress the spring and insert the rounds.

Golddog
06-29-2012, 17:00
Had one in .22 short. It was the least reliable firearm of the hundreds I've owned or shot.

Foxtrotx1
06-29-2012, 17:07
Much of the issue with these guns is related to the lack of an extractor. The extraction is dependent on slide velocity. Hotter ammo will yield higher reliability.

Sheepdog Scout
06-29-2012, 19:37
I've got one and love it as well. I mainly shoot blazer bulk in it and I've gotten 98-99% reliability with it. Even on long range sessions. It's been 100% with CCI Velocitors. Which is what it gets carried with, very occasionally.

Most, if not all will recommend either CCI Velocitors or Stingers for any kind of carry duty.

bac1023
06-29-2012, 19:44
Congrats! :cool:

I have a Tomcat in 32acp that runs great.

mj9mm
06-29-2012, 20:04
.... The mags are easy to load though. I just pull down on the nub on the side of the follower with my thumb to depress the spring and insert the rounds.

:embarassed:OH, is that how it's supposed to be done? boy, am i glad to learn that, thanks. i guess i should have read the manual, but ...

hogship
06-29-2012, 20:26
You are talking about the 21a model, right?

I bought mine used, and it came with 3 factory magazines. My magazines will actually hold 8 rounds, but will jam every time I try that. I believe the specifications call for 7 rounds in the magazine, and that works perfectly.

I've had reliability issues with bulk 22lr ammo, but it's been perfect with the more expensive stuff. I mostly use CCI minimags.....runs perfect with these. I also pass on the hollowpoints, and strictly use round nose solids.

ooc

http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL431/781008/1401653/372938558.jpg

ScottieG59
06-29-2012, 20:39
Those little Beretta pistols are well made. I have a couple, but I do not carry them. I like the tip-up barrel my 950 has. I inherited it from my father who had more confidence in the small guns that I do.

One of these days, I may get one on those little 22 LR double action Beretta pocket pistols.

ZombieJoe
06-29-2012, 23:08
Congrads....the 21A has been on my short list for some time now. Glad to hear its working out for you.

I dont know what it is, but I just love pocket pistols. :supergrin:

Sheepdog Scout
06-29-2012, 23:15
Those little Beretta pistols are well made. I have a couple, but I do not carry them. I like the tip-up barrel my 950 has. I inherited it from my father who had more confidence in the small guns that I do.

One of these days, I may get one on those little 22 LR double action Beretta pocket pistols.

I very, very, rarely carry mine. Only when I must have ultra deep concealment. '

Honestly, they're only good for putting a bunch of rounds into someones face or gut at a few feet and running away.

mj9mm
06-30-2012, 00:09
yes, it's the 21a, but it only came with 1 mag. i questioned the store manager about it and he said thats the way they recieved it, he said it's been in the counter for quite awhile and it's the only one they ordered. it is a 7 round mag and the gun ran perfectly with Remington High Velocity hollow points, lucky me. it's a fun gun, i will only carry it for self defense when i can't hide anything bigger. ok for a bug tho

Sheepdog Scout
06-30-2012, 01:17
yes, it's the 21a, but it only came with 1 mag. i questioned the store manager about it and he said thats the way they recieved it, he said it's been in the counter for quite awhile and it's the only one they ordered. it is a 7 round mag and the gun ran perfectly with Remington High Velocity hollow points, lucky me. it's a fun gun, i will only carry it for self defense when i can't hide anything bigger. ok for a bug tho

Yeah. The only come with one mag. I thought about getting it in .25 ACP. But decided, for what I need it for, .22 was the better choice since the ammo is cheaper. If my runs around 99% with cheap stuff, even in a dirty gun. And runs 100% with Velocitors, which it does for both. Then I consider it GTG. I'm slighty more forgiving with a gun that is .22.

For the rare carry day. I just use a nylon pocket holster that I made.

cowboywannabe
06-30-2012, 02:22
they are nice little guns but i wouldnt trust my life to a gun with no extractor.

Kentucky Shooter
06-30-2012, 04:49
I bought a new 21a in stainless a month ago and it is an enjoyable little gun. Mine is working out well and has been reliable with mini-mags, stingers, and even the cheap federal bulk hollow points. I have been practicing with mostly the federals and mini mags, but when it comes to keeping it loaded for carry, i use the mini mags. I was also surprised to learn the new ones are only coming with one magazine.

DFin
07-02-2012, 17:58
I bought mine new about 11 years ago and they only came with 1 mag then.

hogship
07-02-2012, 18:28
I bought mine new about 11 years ago and they only came with 1 mag then.

I believe they have ALWAYS come with only one mag. I mentioned I got mine with three factory mags, because it was that much better of a deal for me! :supergrin: Since I bought mine used, the previous owner bought the extra mags at his expense. I've had this one for about 5yrs now.......and I think the price was $225, or very close to that.

ooc

dewidmt
07-02-2012, 20:44
I've got an older one...runs great on CCI Mini-mags......

fnfalman
07-02-2012, 20:47
My cuzz packs a .22LR Beretta Bobcat. She has it loaded with Stingers and she can put the bullets through a gnat's ass at fifty paces.

Haldor
07-03-2012, 20:02
Funny I tried to buy a 21A today. Guy had it advertised on gunlistings.org and was in the same town. Had a decent price on it too.

Handled it a bit and realized it was only working in single action mode. The trigger cocking mechanism was not working properly. He dropped the price to $140 when I pointed this out to him. I don't think he knew any better, he had taken it in trade only a couple of weeks ago. I don't know enough about these guns to be able to predict how expensive a repair for something like this would be so I passed on it.

I still want one, but I am not interested in paying the LGS price.

I really want a setup like this:

http://www.thompsonmachine.net/img/sup/wasp4.jpg

That wasp is truly tiny at 4" long x 0.875" diameter. Has to be run wet, but man that is a nice package.