IMI .30 carbine 110gr JSP [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : IMI .30 carbine 110gr JSP

njl
06-30-2012, 08:39
Anyone use these? Wideners has some again...and they're cheaper than Remington, but not by a whole lot. I'm wondering if its worth buying a few k of them...or if it's just not worth the hassle of developing a new load for them since they're not normally available.

SJ 40
06-30-2012, 09:31
I have used their FMJ's and IMO,you know what those are like if I can get IMI bullets I prefer them. SJ 40

Ceapea
06-30-2012, 18:26
I too like IMI bullets. I have some (2k FMJ) of the 30 carbine bullets, loaded a few of them even. Just haven't shot'em yet. I have loaded many, many of the IMI 38 cal. bullets and LOVE them!
I am waiting for Wideners to get them back in stock.
I have some of their 45 cal bullets and really like them also. I don't think that you will be disappointed with them.

njl
07-09-2012, 19:44
My IMI M1 carbine 110gr JSP arrived. I opened them up to have a look and was kind of shocked. I guess I'm going to have to take some pictures, but it's like all the bullets are spotted with what I'm guessing must be lead. WTH? I scraped at one, wondering if was a bad plating job, but it doesn't look that way. I'm guessing Wideners got these as factory seconds and neglected to mention that in the item description.

Ceapea
07-09-2012, 19:53
My IMI M1 carbine 110gr JSP arrived. I opened them up to have a look and was kind of shocked. I guess I'm going to have to take some pictures, but it's like all the bullets are spotted with what I'm guessing must be lead. WTH? I scraped at one, wondering if was a bad plating job, but it doesn't look that way. I'm guessing Wideners got these as factory seconds and neglected to mention that in the item description.

Wow! That's too bad. Not the best first impression. I'd call them to see what they say. I've always got what I ordered and expected. I'm sure they will work with you.
Can you "feel" the blemish? Is it corrosion that is built up on the copper? Or just discoloration?

njl
07-09-2012, 21:31
Here's an image of them:

http://www.lewis.org/~jlewis/imic.jpg

I just tried polishing by hand with a cleaning patch and some flitz...no change. Scraping at it with a blade, I can remove the spots (along with some jacket, without getting all the way through to lead). The bags of bullets also seem to be full of whatever this is...it's both on the bullets and present in the bags as loose flakes of whatever it is. I wonder...could it be some sort of moly lube?