Proof that Private Ryan was really using a 1911 in 10mm instead of .45ACP [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Proof that Private Ryan was really using a 1911 in 10mm instead of .45ACP

glock2740
06-30-2012, 09:32
Here it is folks. Proof that the movies lie. Private Ryan WAS NOT using a 1911 chambered in .45ACP. It was actually a 1911 chambered in 10mm...enjoy. :cool:

The Pistol Master in Saving Private Ryan - YouTube

Vanman2004b
06-30-2012, 10:59
Has to be a Super .38. :rofl:

Amsdorf
06-30-2012, 12:24
With all due respect, I do not think this is funny.

It is disrespectful and in very poor taste.

As always YMMV.

Mr Spock
06-30-2012, 12:37

As always YMMV.

Care to explain exactly what about it is disrespectful and in poor taste?

Amsdorf
06-30-2012, 12:40
Care to explain exactly what about it is disrespectful and in poor taste?

Well, for one....

Portraying a courageous US Army officer shooting American troops.

Making light of a film that was made to help Americans understand the great sacrifices made by our troops to destroy the evil Nazi regime.

I'll stop there.

If you are too stupid, or insensitive, to understand, I can't help you.

Of course, maybe I'm a tad sensitive, since my beloved Uncle George, may he rest in peace, had his leg blown off at the Battle of the Bulge.

And, the Nazi bastards utterly destroyed the German side of my family, followed by the Soviet bastards doing the same.

But, sure, go ahead, this is all really, really funny stuff.

Yuck it up, fuzzballs.

:steamed:

LASTRESORT20
06-30-2012, 12:45

As always YMMV.

Please explain....Thanks....

LASTRESORT20
06-30-2012, 12:50
Thanks for your explanation...The clip was just from a movie....with some interesting action scenes posted for a Saturday afternoon....If you are to Niave to understand that....Most of us here caint help you....Maybe they should not have made the movie....huh?

Mr Spock
06-30-2012, 12:52
Well, for one....

Portraying a courageous US Army officer shooting American troops.

Making light of a film that was made to help Americans understand the great sacrifices made by our troops to destroy the evil Nazi regime.

I'll stop there.

If you are too stupid, or insensitive, to understand, I can't help you.

Of course, maybe I'm a tad sensitive, since my beloved Uncle George, may he rest in peace, had his leg blown off at the Battle of the Bulge.

And, the Nazi bastards utterly destroyed the German side of my family, followed by the Soviet bastards doing the same.

But, sure, go ahead, this is all really, really funny stuff.

Yuck it up, fuzzballs.

:steamed:

Whoa... I respectfully ask a question and you immediately proceed to call me stupid? Maybe you should get yourself in check before you go all butthurt over a cheesy YouTube parody of a YouTube parody of a completely different movie. In case you didn't notice before achieving butthurt DEFCON 5, he was trying to parody a clip a guy made for LOTR (the second one, I think, which BTW was horribly insensitive to Orcs...).

I thank your uncle for his service. As I do my late grandfather, who was in Normandy and was wounded in the breakout on the outskirts of Carentan. See how I can look at this and not think it is he next Jihad disguised as a YouTube clip? Not stupid. Not insensitive. Just reasonable and not butthurt.

Also, WTF does this have to do with Soviets or Nazis and your family?? I don't think there was one Soviet in the clip, and I'll go out on a limb and say I certainly didn't see your family in there.

TL : DR - Lighten up, Francis.