Just sold a glock, looking for a new gun, dont like the ccw? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Just sold a glock, looking for a new gun, dont like the ccw?

PartyBible
06-30-2012, 11:27
So I have tried a 26 with every conceivable holster and I have come to the conclusion that CCW is just a giant PITA for me. However, I do prefer to have a gun at home or in the car. I was considering a 34 or a 21. Question is, what do you guys have in the car/truck or at the house?

3rdgen40
06-30-2012, 11:30
Try a S&W Shield for ccw.I use mine for HD too.

MSgt Dotson
06-30-2012, 11:36
The KelTec PF9 weighs about 12.5 ounces, is smaller than a Walther PPK, and fits in my jeans rear pocket without sticking above the pocket, and, recoil was much lower than I expected, in fact, it was downright pleasant.

Pepiot
06-30-2012, 11:59
G22..

Berto
06-30-2012, 12:05
No reason not to just keep the G26?

Kimura
06-30-2012, 12:17
So I have tried a 26 with every conceivable holster and I have come to the conclusion that CCW is just a giant PITA for me. However, I do prefer to have a gun at home or in the car. I was considering a 34 or a 21. Question is, what do you guys have in the car/truck or at the house?

Truthfully, CCW is a giant PITA for everyone. It's more about making it as comfortable as possible. For me that means some type of OWB holster. It can be leather like a Galco Silhouette or kydex like an RCS. Either works fine for me. IWB is uncomfortable to me. And the smaller the gun, the easier it is. In the summer, I really like my Jframe S&W. But you also have to understand what you're giving up for more convenience.

Regarding HD; I think a full size pistol is the best choice. So Glock 34,17, 22, 21sf etc or Sig P series or HK45, P30, P30L, S&W M&P 40 or 45 etc etc or a quality full size 1911 like Springfield TRP or better. I would add the 20sf if you can shoot a 10mm pistol well at speed. I think every HD gun should have a rail with a light on it as well.

M&P15T
06-30-2012, 12:40
It's all about your expectations.

CCW is a pain, but a G26 is pretty easy to carry.

elde
06-30-2012, 12:41
House: FNP45 w/ 15 rounds of CorBon DPX ammo
Car: Always - Charter Arms .44spc. Bulldog w/Critical Defense ammo
Car Trips/Travel: G22 w/ HST 180 JHP
CC: PPS, Rohrbaugh, G39, Nano, .40 Shield - depending on the manner of dress

Bruce M
06-30-2012, 12:46
This probably does not help but right now at home is my G26 as it is what I carried earlier today. That said a good choice for a gun at home might well be whatever you shoot best.

dnuggett
06-30-2012, 13:01
Pocket carry -S&W 940 and an extra moon clip
IWB (clothing dependent)- XDS and an extra 7rd mag or Sig RCS Nitron and an extra 7 rd mag
Nightstand- Springfield LW Champion Operator, Power 10 mag, TLR1S and three more Power 10 Mags.
Ready to go if needed- Colt LE6920 EOTech up top, 4 PMAGS loaded and a Fox 12 gauge OO buck in each barrel.

I am always carrying so whatever I have on me by default is in the car.

Can you describe what it is that isn't working about your carry choices so far? Maybe we can help. I'd hate to see you stop carrying out of frustration.

alexhartang
06-30-2012, 13:12
How about a 23? Good capacity, great round, annnd you could still ccw it if you wanted....

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

WoodenPlank
06-30-2012, 13:21
I carry a SIG P229 SAS, and it's not a pain at all.

GlockFish
06-30-2012, 13:24
A good holster and good belt makes IWB carry much better.

I recommend a Crossbreed Supertuck and a Beltman belt.

jakebrake
06-30-2012, 13:27
or a good owb holster could have made the difference. with an untucked shirt, no one sees my 1911.

PartyBible
06-30-2012, 13:31
I've got an 870 and 6920 at home.

The problem with CCW is that I can't carry at work. So the gun is in the car at the office. The problem is I dress professionally so fitted dress shirt and slacks that would allow a carry piece don't fit right when I am not carrying. Sometimes I wear a suit but more often than not business casual. Stuffing g26 in my pants becomes a lesson redressing ones self.

One option I did not try was OWB or ankle carry. I figured just leave it in the car given my wardrobe options. Not ideal I know. The other option I looked at was purchasing a kahr for pocket carry.

PartyBible
06-30-2012, 13:34
or a good owb holster could have made the difference. with an untucked shirt, no one sees my 1911.

This is something I am considering. I just hate the untucked dress shirt look.

dnuggett
06-30-2012, 13:43
One option I did not try was OWB or ankle carry. I figured just leave it in the car given my wardrobe options. Not ideal I know.

Ahh ok. You and I have the same issue- can't carry at work.

The way I read your first post was that you had given up on carry altogether. You just want to know for work days, what to put in the car.

I put my RCS Nitron in my vehicle every morning and take it back in when I get home. Another thing I sometimes do is take the 940 with a pocket holster in case I need to make a stop along the way to or from work.

ArtCrafter
06-30-2012, 13:47
So I have tried a 26 with every conceivable holster and I have come to the conclusion that CCW is just a giant PITA for me...

...The problem is I dress professionally so fitted dress shirt and slacks that would allow a carry piece don't fit right when I am not carrying...

...The other option I looked at was purchasing a kahr for pocket carry.

As you discovered, the G26 is big and heavy enough to require a good holster and belt.

If you want the 'ultimate' (IMO) in convenience for CCW, I would suggest an Airweight or Airlite J-frame equipped with a Clipdraw. A lot of people will disagree with this, but I can practically guarantee it would fit right in with your 'lifestyle.'

I wouldn't bother with the Kahr, if I were you. For one thing, you'd be lucky to get one that works (especially if you're thinking about one of the polymer guns; on average, they suck).

HTH :wavey:

Metal Angel
06-30-2012, 14:03
Glock 19... or 23 if you prefer. That size glock does everything well. Big enough for HD or truck duty, small enough to conceal if you need to.

06-30-2012, 14:24

A 12 gauge, in the truck and by every outside door in the house.

Bananas
06-30-2012, 14:28
If you're getting away from carry, might as well get the most comfortable gun you shoot at the range. Get the right grip size for your hands, nice trigger etc. Have you tried the Walther PPQ? It's around the same size as a Glock 19, so still carry-able, but that trigger is NICE. Ergonomics are also great. If you don't like Glocks for whatever reason, I highly suggest it. I can't shoot quite as accurately with it as with my Glock 19, but that's only because I've practiced more with the 19. I have no doubt both pistols can outshoot me.

Bodyarmorguy
06-30-2012, 14:40
I have come to the conclusion that CCW is just a giant PITA for me.

Truthfully, CCW is a giant PITA for everyone. It's more about making it as comfortable as possible. In the summer, I really like my Jframe S&W. But you also have to understand what you're giving up for more convenience.

Regarding HD; I think a full size pistol is the best choice.

Kimura is spot on. I teach concealed carry permit and concealed carry tactics classes and one of the things that I stress is that carrying a pistol is inconvenient, but carrying is not about comfort or convenience, it is about commitment.

I am not a big advocate of pocket guns, mainly as a training issue. Few ranges allow customers to draw from the holster, most making you work strictly from the bench. An action sport shooting event, IPSC, IDPA etc is the exception and even in IDPA BUG matches, they require that these J frames, LCP's, etc be drawn from a holster, not the pocket. So, the issue becomes drawing and firing, under stress, from a place that you have not previously trained to do. There are two people that I personally know who routinely pocket carried and both put a hole in their thigh either drawing or placing the gun in their pocket.

USSOCOM
06-30-2012, 14:50
I am always carrying and it not a PITA for me. I guess it is all about finding the right holster for the gun you wish to carry. The holster I currently use is the Comp-Tac MTAC. Most comfortable, tuckable, has the speed of kydex on the draw and the comfort of a leather holster on the rear.

ca survivor
06-30-2012, 16:55
suppose to be comforting, not comfortable :rofl:

AWGD8
06-30-2012, 17:03
Sig SAUER P938 , I have one and it seem a perfect gun for CCW. I am very close to selling my GEN 3 Glock 39 OD....

deputy tom
06-30-2012, 17:10

The problem with CCW is that I can't carry at work. So the gun is in the car at the office. The problem is I dress professionally so fitted dress shirt and slacks that would allow a carry piece don't fit right when I am not carrying. Sometimes I wear a suit but more often than not business casual. Stuffing g26 in my pants becomes a lesson redressing ones self.

One option I did not try was OWB or ankle carry. I figured just leave it in the car given my wardrobe options. Not ideal I know. The other option I looked at was purchasing a kahr for pocket carry.

I know a guy that pocket carries a kel-tec p-32 at work and keeps a larger pistol in his car. tom.

M&P Shooter
06-30-2012, 18:16
Put this gun in your hand with the small back strap and you'll thank me later:wavey:
M&P 9mm
http://i852.photobucket.com/albums/ab89/Glock40guy/002-17.jpg

unit1069
06-30-2012, 22:07
Even in this summer's record-breaking heat I find Israeli carry AIWB the best alternative whatever the size pistol I'm carrying.

I don't have to worry about ND and I don't have to rely on the open shirt one-hand sweep and draw with the complications that method carries.

Wearing a large oversize shirt over a wife beater undershirt I can button the outer shirt in a way that allows easy access with the weak hand clearing the material; and while driving all I have to do is unbutton the shirt and the AIWB/pistol is in open carry mode.

Of course, I write this as someone who lives a staid lifestyle, but still this morning I drove two hours into one of America's most dangerous urban areas utilizing this method and felt reasonably armed. Unfortunately for a brief period the butt of the pistol was exposed in a retail outlet but no one said anything either because no one saw it or perhaps nobody was made anxious by it.

fnfalman
07-01-2012, 04:08
House = various full size revolvers like Ruger GP100, SW L-frame, SW N-frame, Colt Python, Colt Trooper. I have them stashed all over the place.

Car = cheaper & smaller revolvers like a well used SW M10.

CCW = Colt snubbie. Now and then for giggles, I'd pack an autopistol of some sort.

gunsmoke92
07-01-2012, 10:49
Get a Keltec P3AT and a pocket or wallet holster and shove it in a pants pocket, problem solved. For something a with a little more power, a small revolver in a snap off OWB holster would be a good choice. No need to dress and undress just to carry.
For IWB carry, I carry a S&W 6690 in a Blackhawk IWB holster that has a strap with a snap. If I have to remove it, I just unsnap the strap and remove the holster. When I'm ready to re-arm, I stuff it in my waste band, loop the strap around my belt, and I'm ready to go once more.

cowboy1964
07-01-2012, 18:48
"Your carry gun should be comforting, not comfortable. - Clint Smith

mj9mm
07-01-2012, 21:19
when work and carry don't mix you have to come up with a gameplan that allows you as much control as possible. before i retired, i worked in a chemical factory, guns are a big no-no in that kind of environment. something light and thin that can be transferred easily for the ride to and from work solved my problem. away from work a more potent carry piece was possible. i have several carry guns in different sizes, but i practice with all of them often. your employer may feel they can protect you from nine to five(:rofl:), but it's up to you to look after yourself on the way there and back home.

dajcarroll
07-01-2012, 22:42

I've got a Glock 37 on my night stand, a Glock 19 on my wife's night stand, and a NEF 12 gauge shotgun against the corner in my bedroom . I've got a Savage 410/.22LR combo in my garage, but it needs some work before it can be back in action.

G19 - Gen 3
G37 - Gen 3
NEF Pardner SBI 12 Ga. 3"

Happypuppy
07-01-2012, 23:45
Since you are not planning on carrying then get a full frame gun. My at home gun is a Springfield tactical XD .45 with 5" barrel , a rail light and holds 13 rounds.

Sent from my 300 baud modem

wjv
07-02-2012, 10:11
If the G26 doesn't work for you, then no Glock will. They are all double stack and thick. So either:

- Get a single stack semi-auto
- Get a snub nose revolver
- Get a micro gun like a Ruger LCP and carry in your front pocket

Chesafreak
07-02-2012, 10:36

I have the same problem. I have two pistols, a Glock 23 and a Ruger LC9. I also cannot carry at work and leave it in the car. If I leave the office to walk to lunch or coffee, I stop by my car and get my LC9 and carry it in an ankle holster. The LC9 (or Kahr/Shield/etc, take your pick) is thin enough to comfortably carry tucked or on your ankle. My Glock now serves as my HD gun.

M&P15T
07-02-2012, 13:33
I'm confused.

Are you trying to find something to carry AT work, despite the fact that doing so can get you fired?

Veedubklown
07-02-2012, 15:38
Truthfully, CCW is a giant PITA for everyone. It's more about making it as comfortable as possible.

I must be the exception than the rule, I find my holster combo very comfortable, and can wear it all day, every day. It's slightly more work than putting a knife in my pocket every day, but it's not a major inconvenience. Only time it ever gets difficult, is when I have to tuck in a shirt. Making the shirt tuck around the holster gets a bit cumbersome, but it's just about invisible.
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/226811_10150594912825374_2907172_n.jpg

Oso
07-02-2012, 18:16
Have you tried an LCP? I know a lot of folks will say that the .380 is not an ideal round for self defense. Most would also agree that a .380 in your pocket (or on your waist) is better than the .45 at home in the safe.

I frequently carry a G26 concealed or open. When I just don't feel like carrying the extra weight, I carry an LCP either in a pocket holster in a front pocket or in a paddle holster. On very rare occasions I may off-body carry. I do the best I can to be armed at all times.

Sometimes it's just finding the combination that works best for you at any given time. There is no be all end all carry method.

Oso
07-02-2012, 18:31
"Your carry gun should be comforting, not comfortable. - Clint Smith

"What a maroon!! - Bugs Bunny

:rofl:

I also notice that Clint Smith's quote does not say that a carry gun should be uncomfortable.

tryn2hrd
07-02-2012, 18:43
Im with MSgt Dotson on this one The Keltec PF9 is a awesome pocket gun.I also own a Glock 23 also but carry the Keltec 90% of the time,simply because its so concealable. Not going to go into a long winded story but the Keltec shoots as good as the Glock.

Comedian
07-03-2012, 19:17
I would look at the S&W Shield as a last shot at CC. For everything else a Glock 17 with night sights.

Chup
07-03-2012, 20:27
If I had a Job ware I could not carry but wanted to anyway, and had to ware a tucked in shirt, I would carry a very small 380 in my pocket. The LCP comes to mind. I don't like 380s and would rather carry the Two Snubs I always carry but, you gotta do what you gotta do. If I could ware shirts out such as a Polo or Camp shirt, I would carry a Snub Revolver in the waist band. If I were allowed to carry and my shirts had to stay tucked I would use a Tuckable Holster with a Snub IWB and a back up Air-weight Snub in a pocket. :2gun:

WarEagle32
07-03-2012, 20:50
Try a pocket 9 like a Sig 290 or Kahr Pm9. If not that ANYONE can carry a Ruger LCP anywhere anytime. Put damn good hollow points in it and it's good to go. My Sig 290 is the best pocket pistol I've ever carried. As for a car/home gun my Glock 19 is my favorite by far!

happyguy
09-12-2012, 07:13
Something like a small Kahr or Beretta Nano in a Smartcarry would probably work for you.

If your gun is in the car when you need it, what good is it?

Regards,
Happyguy :)

sstecker
09-12-2012, 12:56
I used to carry a Keltec PF9 in a SmartCarry while dressed in business casual as the OP described because I was paranoid about being made. It would have been a very bad thing. It took me about 4 years of trying different guns, methods of carry, and about 100 hours of certified training by guys who actually know what they are doing (because they do this everyday for their "real job") to get to where I am today.

I have learned through several stress fire and force-on-force training classes that I am much more effective at neutrallizing a threat with a full-size firearm than a pocket pistol or even a "compact". When you are under high stress the motor skills required to effectively operate a small firearm are extremely deminished. Therefor I made the decision that if I was going to carry I would have to make the commitment to dress around the firearm that gave me the greatest chance of surviving a self-defence situation.

I carry a Gen4 Glock 21 everyday while dressed in slacks, tucked in shirt, and tie. I use a Crossbreed Supertuck with slightly modified plastic J-hooks. I cut off the bottom of the "J" so that only about 1" of the plastic hangs over the edge of my slacks and is covered by my belt. No one sees anything. No bulges or exposed clips.

Admittedly my size and shape do help with the concealment since I have a larger and more athletic build than the average bear (6'1" and 240#), but anyone can dress around an adequately sized firearm if they want to. For instance I can wear 34in waist slacks, but I buy 36in waist slacks. I could also buy "fitted" shirts to show off my shape, but I buy standard fit shirts that are actually a little loose. Why do I do this? Becasue it is more important to me to be able to always conceal a full-size firearm than to "turn any heads".

The only time I don't carry is where it would be a felony to do so, or where I would have to subjected to a metal detector. On those days when I do need more discretion, or when I know that I will have to disarm a time or two during the day, I will carry my small gun (a Gen4 Glock 19) in a Remora tuckable. This set up is not as comfortable as the G21 in a CBST, but it is more flexible, more concealable, and much easier to remove and re-install.

If you do need to go really small and use deep concealment for some reason. The Keltec PF9, M&P Shield, or Ruger LC9 in a Remora or a SmartCarry are very good ways to carry serious fire power in very small and discreet packages.

stihlmanz
09-12-2012, 13:22
Springfield XDs, it's very slim - think S&W Shield and pocket carries very good with an Alabama pocket holster! Check out Hickok45's videos on the XDs, he shows that holster in the vid..

wjv
09-12-2012, 14:11
So I have tried a 26 with every conceivable holster and I have come to the conclusion that CCW is just a giant PITA for me.

Define "Every conceivable holster".

Did any of them cost more than $50? 100?

If not, I know what your problem could be. . .

jp3975
09-12-2012, 14:15

You should still be able to carry a small gun...like a North American Arms 22magnum revolver. Its no bigger than a cell phone.

Someone mentioned Kel Tec I can fit mine in my back pocket....and they do make side pocket holsters.

For a standard hd pistol, get whatever you like that is reviewed well here.

For me right now, my go to is a Steyr M9a1. When I have the funds, I'll pick up a Caracal and that will be the go to gun.

I think both of them are nicer than Glocks as well as most other polymers. The Walther PPQ is nice as well.

CBennett
09-12-2012, 15:20
Ruger SR9c for both uses though at home the first thing coming out when i hear a bump in the night is the 870 with 4 buck or OO buck(ive got a mix lol either serves the purpose)

Bilbo Bagins
09-12-2012, 17:55
So you don't want to ccw and you want a suggestion on a gun to leave in the car?

Here is a suggestion , get something cheap and unreliable because it's more likely to get stolen out of your car.

That said why not try something more comfortable to carry like a 38 snubbie, or a 9mm or 380 pocket gun.

OrangePwr9
09-12-2012, 20:20
J-frame.

I kept seeing it again and again. Finally I tried one (mine's a 37). It actually works for pocket carry.

A 642/442 would probably work even better (no exposed hammer).

glock2740
09-12-2012, 20:26
How is a G26 a PITA to CC?:dunno: I can't even tell mine is on in a CBST. I CC Glocks(my fav's are G26, G27, G19, G23 and G30) in a CBST. And I CC all sizes of 1911's in either a CBST or preferrably a Brommeland Max Con V. And ever since I got it, I'm loving to CC my SP101 in an Occidental.

Scott3670
09-12-2012, 20:49
I cc either a S&W M&P 9mm compact or a Springfield XDs 45. Either works just fine and is hardly noticeable. For colder weather I either carry a SIG P229, CZ P07, or a Springfield XDm 9mm. No problem cc'ing these bigger pistols either. It's all in how you dress, and having a great-quality leather belt.

CBennett
09-13-2012, 05:51
How is a G26 a PITA to CC?:dunno: I can't even tell mine is on in a CBST. I CC Glocks(my fav's are G26, G27, G19, G23 and G30) in a CBST. And I CC all sizes of 1911's in either a CBST or preferrably a Brommeland Max Con V. And ever since I got it, I'm loving to CC my SP101 in an Occidental.

Maybe its too thick for him I dont know...I thought even though the grips on my Glock 23sucked it was fine to CC...the SR9c is noticeably thinner and easier to CC but the 23 was not bad in any way. perhaps a tad thick but no reason not to CC it.

EdMan63
09-13-2012, 15:41
Maybe its too thick for him I dont know...I thought even though the grips on my Glock 23sucked it was fine to CC...the SR9c is noticeably thinner and easier to CC but the 23 was not bad in any way. perhaps a tad thick but no reason not to CC it.

If you guys read the whole thread you would see his concern was that the way he dresses at work is not conducive to carry. I can relate as I mostly wear golf shirts and slacks which make it very difficult to conceal any pistol.

fowler
09-13-2012, 16:22
I ccw a full size Sig220r 45acp most of time and use a G26 when I need something smaller. The G26 is as small as I will carry. Many a time I use the G26 for a back up second automatic. But when I don,t have time or just running up to the stop&rob I use the G26 when I get lazy. Its my no-gun.

tuica
09-14-2012, 15:13
90% of the time I carry a G36 or G39 in a Glock Sport/Combat Holster on a thick holster belt (Tennessee Holster Co.) Pretty comfortable, and I am of average height/weight. Good Luck.

CBennett
09-14-2012, 15:19
So you don't want to ccw and you want a suggestion on a gun to leave in the car?

Here is a suggestion , get something cheap and unreliable because it's more likely to get stolen out of your car.

That said why not try something more comfortable to carry like a 38 snubbie, or a 9mm or 380 pocket gun.

good post! maybe a Hi Point thats been dipped in cosmoline

CBennett
09-14-2012, 15:22
If you guys read the whole thread you would see his concern was that the way he dresses at work is not conducive to carry. I can relate as I mostly wear golf shirts and slacks which make it very difficult to conceal any pistol.

Hmm i can CC my SR9c in that I did at a wedding reception I went to Dockers and a polo shirt..so I guess I dont see the problem..Oh holster was the Cross Breed Super Tuck. Would a LC9 or Kahr 9 or a Nano, or a Shield, or a PPS 9mm been even more concealable sure but what I have works.

racer88
09-14-2012, 15:38
To the OP... I'm curious about CCW being a PITA for you. Could you be more specific? I mean REALLY specific? Perhaps we can help you solve the issue(s).

I EDC a G27 every single day, all day. I would say that I don't even notice it at this point. And, my work days involve wearing dress slacks and a dress shirt (tucked) with no jacket or sports coat.

I'm uncomfortable if I'm NOT carrying.

barth
09-14-2012, 17:29

Home Sig Sauer P220 45.
Carry you might try a Sig Sauer P239 357.
It's a single stack with teeth.
https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/thumbnail/photo45/25/60/4e5bcab0a570__1342285831000.jpg?tw=0&th=720&s=true&rs=false
Or if you really want small? My Kahr MK40 Elite Micro
https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/thumbnail/photo38/ef/00/0b55981da098__1339359104000.jpeg?tw=0&th=720&s=true&rs=false

I did just get a HK P30 40 LEM that's pretty outstanding though.
13+1, bombproof and a tack driver.
Plus the ergonomics are on a whole new level.
https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/thumbnail/photo48/7b/6e/e2e58162b219__1344739076000.jpeg?tw=0&th=720&s=true&rs=false

sonoma
09-14-2012, 20:26
You might try a day planner to carry your pistol in.I bought one from midway.It looks similar to what I carry my bible in.

ithaca_deerslayer
09-15-2012, 06:35
No reason not to just keep the G26?

Yeah, I don't get it either. OP sold 26 because not small enough and then is looking for a larger gun :dunno:

M&P15T
09-15-2012, 08:26
One of my favorite pistols was a USP40. Unfortunately it refused to work with Wolf, so it went away.

I am seriously considering getting a USP9.

chief63
09-15-2012, 08:46
House: FNP45 w/ 15 rounds of CorBon DPX ammo
Car: Always - Charter Arms .44spc. Bulldog w/Critical Defense ammo
Car Trips/Travel: G22 w/ HST 180 JHP
CC: PPS, Rohrbaugh, G39, Nano, .40 Shield - depending on the manner of dress

Agree with multiple CC list. Wardrobe and weather varies a lot so one just doesn't cut it for me. I have PPQ, PX4 SC, PPS, Nano, and LCP that I will carry IWB or OWB and store around the house. I'll probably grab a Shield down the road because I like guns. I never trade a good gun. The kids can have them when I'm gone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

SouthpawG26
09-15-2012, 09:27
After flirting with a few pocket pistols and so called dedicated home and car guns, the OP will go back to that G26. Only his new holsters will be different.

Darkangel1846
09-15-2012, 10:12
I don't leave a gun in the car. keep a glock 29 in the carry bag, goes with me everywhere. although numerous years ago I used to pack a Bulldog .44 in a easy reach spot in my truck.

DaBurna
09-15-2012, 22:00
IMHO a pocketable carry option is a NECESSITY! I usually have a Glock in
my truck @ work, but I have a Ruger LCP in my pocket at all times!!!

Teecher45
09-15-2012, 23:02
If you still have the 26 try a good ankle holster. Easy to get on and off sitting behind the wheel.
If not get yourself a PF9. 90% of the time I carry my 29 in a Theis holster but when I just can't do it the PF9 will fit in any pocket, and it's not a .380. Yes, it's reliable. If it wasn't I wouldn't carry it.
EDIT: Sorry, I see you sold it. Go get the PF9, break it in, buy a good pocket holster (a plain ole' Blackhawk works for me), load it with good ammo, be happy. THEN go get you a Gen 4 G21. You'll love it.

RonS
09-16-2012, 07:15
I have a G26 and consider it adequate for all reasonable uses. I use the factory 12 round magazines which give me a full grip and I upgraded the sights. If you feel you need a more full sized gun with higher capacity, longer barrel and don't ever plan to CC, why not go with an M9, G34, 1911 or something like that? I don't really see much advantage in a gun that is only slightly larger than what I have. If I wanted bigger I'd be looking for something with around a 5" barrel and 20 round capacity. Or a bigger hole and less capacity.