Who has the Volquartsen accurizing kit on their MKIII? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Who has the Volquartsen accurizing kit on their MKIII?

packin23
06-30-2012, 12:46
Along with removing the mag safety, I'm looking to get this kit for my MKIII Hunter. I've read only great reviews about it. How much of a difference did you notice with the kit installed?

I found a site sells them cheaper than others. Has anyone dealt with Rimfire Sports and Custom?http://www.rimfiresports.com/merchant.mv

Never heard of them but their prices seem really good.

packin23
07-01-2012, 07:58
I thought for sure someone would have used volquartsen.

jerzeydevil77
07-01-2012, 08:26
:popcorn:

Jason D
07-01-2012, 18:15
If you are going to remove the magazine safety.
I would advise getting the MKII kit. The only difference between the two kits are the MKII kit comes with the VQ version of the MKII hammer. You will need to get a MKII hammer bushing as well.

The MKIII kit comes with the cut hammer where the thinner MKIII bushing and magazine disco fits. Had I know that before hand. I would have ordered myself the the MKII kit.

The kit does make a lot of difference. It makes a mediocre to good gun a good to decent gun. My gun has a nice trigger now with a 2.5 pound trigger pull.

I have purchased several things from that site including my VQ rear sight. I have never had a problem with them

Bo Heck
07-03-2012, 13:37
I went with the Mark II bushing from that site for my Mark III 22/45. I also installed a VQ sear along with the Majestic Arms speed strip kit which comes with a new hammer. That combo really lightened up the trigger to just a couple of pounds with a very good break. I am very pleased with the results.

wrx04
07-03-2012, 20:36
I put one in my 22/45 and its great. Lightens the trigger a ton....almost too light. Worth the money and a nice upgrade, IMO.

gtoguy
07-03-2012, 20:53
Along with removing the mag safety, I'm looking to get this kit for my MKIII Hunter. I've read only great reviews about it. How much of a difference did you notice with the kit installed?

I found a site sells them cheaper than others. Has anyone dealt with Rimfire Sports and Custom?http://www.rimfiresports.com/merchant.mv

Never heard of them but their prices seem really good.

The best money you can spend on the gun and rimfire sports have been great to deal with. I installed my second volquartzen trigger ,sear and mark II bushing in the second 22/45 I bought. I could not be happier:supergrin: Bought both sets from them. Do it you will not be sorry.

TKM
07-03-2012, 21:32
I just went ahead and bought the new lower.

Safety moves a little too easily for my taste, but otherwise a very nice piece of kit.

packin23
07-03-2012, 22:11
If you are going to remove the magazine safety.
I would advise getting the MKII kit. The only difference between the two kits are the MKII kit comes with the VQ version of the MKII hammer. You will need to get a MKII hammer bushing as well.

The MKIII kit comes with the cut hammer where the thinner MKIII bushing and magazine disco fits. Had I know that before hand. I would have ordered myself the the MKII kit.

The kit does make a lot of difference. It makes a mediocre to good gun a good to decent gun. My gun has a nice trigger now with a 2.5 pound trigger pull.

I have purchased several things from that site including my VQ rear sight. I have never had a problem with them

Thanks for the responses. It is nice to know that it makes a noticeable difference. I did purchase the hammer bushing and the mkiii kit. Had I read your response earlier I might have got the mkii kit but I've been out of town and missed reading the site for a few days. It will still work with the combination of parts I've ordered won't it?

smokeross
07-04-2012, 00:19
The what??????????????????

Jason D
07-04-2012, 16:29
Thanks for the responses. It is nice to know that it makes a noticeable difference. I did purchase the hammer bushing and the mkiii kit. Had I read your response earlier I might have got the mkii kit but I've been out of town and missed reading the site for a few days. It will still work with the combination of parts I've ordered won't it?

Oh yeah, it will work just fine.
You will have a bit of a gap between the hammer and bushing.

The way the MKII hammers were, the bushing flange fit flush to the hammer. The MKIII hammers have a milled cut in them for the thinner bushing flange and the magazine disco to fit.

Sticking a MKII bushing into a MKIII hammer makes it so that while it does contact the hammer it no longer sits flush with the entirety of the hammer. Some people will fill the gap with modified washers, whist others will do nothing but install the MKII bushing. There are several bushings some being better than others. The best being the Wilson that is friction fit. The second being the Sam Lam bushing that is cut to fit into the gap.

You can still use a Volquartsen bushing, or pretty much any other one you can find just fine. I used the the VQ MKII bushing in a VQ MKIII hammer. I did not install any washers or gap fillers. I did however loctite the bushing into the hammer, but you don't really have to. It does make for a slightly better trigger pull by ensuring that the bushing doesn't rotate in the hammer apon firing. It's a step I took that wasn't really necessary for the function or better feel of the gun. It doesn't hurt either.

It's harder to explain things without visuals, but I didn't take any pictures when I was installing the parts. You will know what I am talking about upon disassembling the gun though.
Taking a MK pistol apart to upgrade it is quite the learning experience. If done only once, you can do it over and over and over.