Arrest made in firearm assault [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Arrest made in firearm assault

TBO
06-30-2012, 12:54
http://www.timesherald.com/article/20120629/NEWS01/120629424/-1/NEWS/arrest-made-in-firearm-assault

Keoking
06-30-2012, 12:57
Report is pretty one sided. I want to hear the gun's side of the story.

Bruce M
06-30-2012, 13:11
"We have met the enemy and he is us."

Patchman
07-01-2012, 11:13
Well, the young guy failed to stop at the red while piloting a 4000- (or whatever) pound missile that was definitely capable of causing death. So the old guy's attempt to use his gun to stop the deadly threat was proper.

Or at least an attempt can be made to argue it this way.

Darkangel1846
07-01-2012, 11:30
Sounds like a hearsay complaint....dought if it will go anywhere in court.

Bruce M
07-01-2012, 13:46
Well, the young guy failed to stop at the red while piloting a 4000- (or whatever) pound missile that was definitely capable of causing death. So the old guy's attempt to use his gun to stop the deadly threat was proper.

Or at least an attempt can be made to argue it this way.

Good luck with that attempt should it ever have to be offered in court or to investigating officers...

steveksux
07-01-2012, 17:48
The downside of shall issue laws.

Forget who said this, but to paraphrase.... think how stupid the avg person is. Now think that half the population is dumber than that.

Now arm them, put them in cars (is it cars themselves, or being in traffic that lowers folk's IQs?).

I for one am glad most people don't carry. Maybe I'm pessimistic, but based on the behavior of unarmed motorists in all these road rage incidents, not sure people are as interested in the responsibilities as their rights.

I still support their right to carry. I'm just relieved they don't exercise that right.

The internet and the 24 hr news cycle doesn't help either, blowing isolated incidents out of proportion.

Same with crime, violent crime is generally down, but you wouldn't know it from the news media, seems like things are going downhill rapidly.

Randy

Cavalry Doc
07-01-2012, 20:06
Need to make an edit for the follow up story.

Police said Tinker, who has had a valid concealed weapons permit, pulled his gun out and aimed it at the other driver in a threatening manner, after he pulled over around the area of Valley Forge Marketplace, along the 600 block of South Trooper Road.

DScottHewitt
07-03-2012, 10:40
Report is pretty one sided. I want to hear the gun's side of the story.

The gun stood mute.

DScottHewitt
07-03-2012, 10:43
http://www.timesherald.com/article/20120629/NEWS01/120629424/-1/NEWS/arrest-made-in-firearm-assault

"Citizen's arrest! Citizen's arrest!"

EDIT TO ADD:

Citizens Arrest - YouTube

{Some might not have got the reference}

RIP Andy!!!!!

And, another person who "felt threatened", so they pulled up right behind the guy to get his license plates......

Sounds like the one with the guy who pulled on the guy, wife, and kid. Your wife and kid are in the car, and you pull into the same parking lot the suspect is in?!?!?