Household Income Soars In Energy-Producing States [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Household Income Soars In Energy-Producing States

snerd
06-30-2012, 13:45
Maybe time to move......
North Dakota’s energy boom helped the state surpass California and Alaska to become the No. 2 oil-producing state in America. But oil isn’t the only thing that’s booming.

Household income rose faster in North Dakota than any other state between 2005 and 2010. Only the District of Columbia — home to the bloated federal government and overpaid bureaucrats — had a bigger increase, according to U.S. Census data. Three other energy-producing states — Colorado, West Virginia and Wyoming — rounded out the top five.......

http://blog.heritage.org/2012/06/30/chart-of-the-week-household-income-soars-in-energy-producing-states/

Naelbis
06-30-2012, 14:37
Sorry..we have enough carpetbaggers tearing things up..we are closed. BTW all that income growth comes from working 60+ hours a week...for the easy jobs. Lots of guys working over 90 a week.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

pizza
06-30-2012, 14:42
I heard from a co worker they are paying $25/hr to cashier at a WalMart in ND. The trade off is an apartment rental is $1800/month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Naelbis
07-01-2012, 08:09
The rent is true, a one bedroom can cost that much here. But Walmart isn't paying anywhere close to that, I think they were offering 12-14 an hour last I checked. Which is why they have half the people they need and most of those they send from other stores.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine