Latest dumb move [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Latest dumb move

Darkangel1846
07-01-2012, 11:03
About a month ago I was in my favoret gun shop looking at rifles. I've been doing business with this same gun shop for about 15 years. Anyway I was talking about the Sig 556R with the owners wife, she was looking up the availability of the rifle. Somehow we got side tracked to talking about the S&W 351 PD(7 shot .22 magnum) I made a remark that I always wanted one as a BUG..I then went back to talking about the sig 556R..Well she was on the computer and said well she found one and could order it for me. I was happy, I thought she had found me the 556R....so I said go ahead and order it. So the other day I wander into the gun shop and everyone says "HI"(...)I have an unusal first name. The said we got your gun in...I said great lets see it. They hand me a S&W pistol box. I, with a look of surprise, say WT heck is this? I didn't order a handgun. Opened it up and there was a 351PD. I suddenly realized what had happened. The owner said OK don't worry about it. I said no! I'll buy the gun, wasn't going to trash our friendship over a stupid .22 magnum. Expensive little gun, made a big dent in my toy fund. Well it is one cool little Airlite snubby, high vis front sight and really accurate at 30 feet and good accuracy at 25 yards. carried it in my pocket for three days and even forgot it was there. I'll post a better range report after I hit the range a few more times. Hope you don't make the same ordering mistake I did.:rofl:

bac1023
07-01-2012, 11:12
Congrats! :cool:

However, I don't see how not buying it would ruin your relationship with the shop. It was an honest mistake and I'm sure they're sell it anyway.

Metal Angel
07-01-2012, 11:23
Hey, the way I see it, you just got a great excuse to buy an extra gun!! Congrats!!

hogship
07-01-2012, 11:29
You know the situation between you and your favorite LGS more than anyone else would, and it sounds like you've got yourself a new revolver! I can think of worse unintended consequences than a 351pd! You can always sell it for near what you paid for it, but sounds like you are not that disappointed anyway!

It would make a great gun for someone who is recoil shy, and requires something simple to operate.......like somebody you probably know!

ooc

countrygun
07-01-2012, 11:34
That is almost exactly how I "stumbled" in to my Glock 20sf. I didn't know the dealer was actually on his bluetooth (or whatever the %%$#) with his distributor when I walked in and asked if the 20 sfs were available. Next thing I know he is saying "It will be here next Thursday"

Metal Angel
07-01-2012, 11:57
Share some pics of your new firearm!

kahrcarrier
07-01-2012, 12:20
Neat story.
That little Smith is a pretty good "mistake" to make. I would have kept it as well...........

bac1023
07-01-2012, 12:29
Share some pics of your new firearm!

Yeah, we need pics.

:needspics:

ronin.45
07-01-2012, 14:34
Sounds like a fortuitous accident.

Bruce M
07-01-2012, 14:45
Enjoy your new revolver. Be honest - you really wanted the 351 more than the 556R anyway:supergrin:

countrygun
07-01-2012, 15:01
I feel for you. It must bother the heck out of you everytime you see that gun. A mistake like that can haunt you for years. the best thing to do is get it out of your sight and move on to begin the healing. Being the nice guy that I am I am willing to help you start you recovery by getting that foul object as far away from you as possible. I can supply you with my FFL's address and I will even be willing to pay for the shipping to ease your suffering and put it in the past.

No thanks are needed, I do these things out of the kindness of my heart. Your recovery is all the thanks I need:cool:

Bruce M
07-01-2012, 15:44
That there is mighty nice of you to offer to take it off his hands...

Spiffums
07-01-2012, 16:09
Oh Hunny, funny thing happened at the gun shop today.... the conversation later that night.

Scamp
07-01-2012, 16:51
...everyone says "HI"(...) I have an unusal first name.

(...) is a very unusual first name, how do you pronounce that?! :supergrin:

Congrats on a very cool gun, even if it's not the one you thought you were getting!

bwvan
07-01-2012, 18:13
It's a name sort of like that symbol Prince was using a few years back.