Most stupid!!!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Most stupid!!!!

Jerry
07-01-2012, 11:55
From time to time and it seems the older I get the more I see or hear things that cause me to say, "that's the stupidest thing I've seen/heard of.

Well here's the "STUPIDEST" thing I've hear of so far. Friday when I arrived at work my supervisor says, "you're going to love this." He knows me well. "A little while ago they were delivering some "DRAIN CLEANER" (don't forget we are talking about DRAIN CLEANER), and the guy delivering it dropped the drum and spilled about ten gallons on the loading dock. I called safety and told them I was going to use the the 'big hose' and wash it down the drain. They said OK. When I went to wash it down the driver said I couldn't do that because he called his boss and his boss had called HASMAT. HASMAT says you can't wash it down the drain." I said let me get this straight. You can poor the stuff in the drain because it's DRAIN CLEANER but you can't wash it down the drain because it hazardous material. :crazy: :ufo: "yep! You got it right." Soooooo.. while we're waiting for HASMAT to get there the stuff is etching the concrete and aluminum plating on the loading dock an putting off TOXIC fumes because we can't wash DRAIN CLEANER down the drain. THAT'S THE STUPIDS THING I'VE EVER HEARD OF.

HASMAT came out and put soda ash on it, swept it up, put it in a super tight, sealed and locked container and hauled the HAZARDOUS MATERIAL away to be disposed of PROPERLY. Our tax dollars at work! And the STUPIDEST THING I'VE EVER HEARD OF.

So don't forget boys and girls. You can use drain cleaner in your drains. But if you spill it on the floor you can't wash it down the drain. :whistling:

If you haven't see the movie Idiocrary you need to. You need to because we're living it. :faint:

G23Gen4TX
07-01-2012, 12:04
A barrel of this thing is a little more then a cup of it. Sound reasonable that at this amount you want to get rid of it properly.

uptomyneck
07-01-2012, 13:24
And those clowns get a taxpayer funded retirement too. I almost want the system to collapse just to watch the Statists squirm.

MadMonkey
07-01-2012, 13:51
Drain cleaners aren't something to screw around with...

countrygun
07-01-2012, 14:31
And those clowns get a taxpayer funded retirement too. I almost want the system to collapse just to watch the Statists squirm.

How trendy of you. You're using the very latest in buzzwords

Tres chic'

:upeyes:

Jerry
07-01-2012, 14:47
A barrel of this thing is a little more then a cup of it. Sound reasonable that at this amount you want to get rid of it properly.

Reading comprehension is everything. A "barrel" WAS NOT dumped. A small % of the barrel was SPILLED. It's NORMALLY used in 25 to 50 gallon amounts. It is to be / has been and is being used to clean / "flush" 6 to 10" diameter drain lines in a commercial facility (hospital). If you believe wasting my/our tax money for that IDIOCY (clean up a minor spill) is reasonable you're part of the problem. What government agency do you work for?

Jerry
07-01-2012, 15:00
Drain cleaners aren't something to screw around with...

And now I know why those MORONS do what they do. Because we are surrounded by :stooges: that deem this IDIOCY acceptable.

God please save us from the IDIOTS. Oops! TOO LATE!!!! :faint:

countrygun
07-01-2012, 15:14
"They" are everywhere.

It is a disease in the society. I think I may have told this before, forgive me if I have.

Last hunting season, I was miles from the neares paved road on a freaking logging road in the "tall tules" as we say. There, in the middle of a small clearing, was a man with two dachshunds, and a freaking POOPER SCOOPER.

"Don't forget to scoop the dog poo Dear, must keep the forest neat"

People like this are in decision-making positions around the Country.

uptomyneck
07-01-2012, 15:33
How trendy of you. You're using the very latest in buzzwords

Tres chic'

:upeyes:

Statism has been around for almost a century. You've been freeze dried or doing hard time?

And those taxpayer funded do-gooders will espouse the merits of their jobs to justify it. It would suck for me if I had to make a living producing nothing, only taking.

countrygun
07-01-2012, 15:51
Statism has been around for almost a century. You've been freeze dried or doing hard time?

And those taxpayer funded do-gooders will espouse the merits of their jobs to justify it. It would suck for me if I had to make a living producing nothing, only taking.

So has "Petty Bourgouise" but funny thing is before I went into the deep freeze, when I majored in Political Science at a rather large University (And it was less that 100 years ago) we never used that phrase at all.

As I pointed out to you, in response to the rude PM you sent me, I am a "self-made" person of comfortable means who retired at 50 from his success in the system as it exists. I decided that I had made enough money and would clear the way for a younger person with the will, drive, and intelligence to do what I had done.

You are talking out your exhaust pipe and your whole line of babble is just to justify your lack of success.

We have a Country in which you are free to say what you will (stupid in your case, but free nonetheless) on the internet and in public. Barring State and local laws free to own firearms and most are free to carry with minimal inteferrence. You are free to create you own business based on your own ideas. You can buy and read any book you want. You can criticize the Government. You can travel from State to State across a broad expanse. You may practice practically any religion you want, or none. Our "poor are among the RICHEST people on the planet.

Yah, the "Status Quo" really sucks, I feel so sorry for you.

If you fall off your mountain of self-pity don't dial "Whine-one-one" for a "Whaaaaambulance" because that service is provided by the dirty "statists" too.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled topic.

Jerry
07-01-2012, 16:00
"They" are everywhere.

It is a disease in the society. I think I may have told this before, forgive me if I have.

Last hunting season, I was miles from the neares paved road on a freaking logging road in the "tall tules" as we say. There, in the middle of a small clearing, was a man with two dachshunds, and a freaking POOPER SCOOPER.

"Don't forget to scoop the dog poo Dear, must keep the forest neat"

People like this are in decision-making positions around the Country.

Several years ago I was walking our Rotty around the block (residential neighborhood). Guy come running out of his house screaming... "that dog better not S---- on my Fing lawn." I started laughing and said... You're a Fing idiot. You're afraid my dog might S---- on lawn but you have you truck parked on your lawn. How Fing stupid can you be. He told me he was gong to kick my A--. Mind you, I'm standing there with a 125 lb. Male Rotty sitting at my side. I told him if he felt like a frog jump. He turned and went back in the house. :rofl:

There everywhere! There everywhere! There everywhere!

countrygun
07-01-2012, 16:14
Oh yes. it is on an industrial level.

Take what the chowderheads in the Willamette Valley (population center) did in Oregon.

I Can no longer buy a new wood-burning stove or fireplace insert. They all have to use "pellet fuel" More "environmentally friendly":upeyes:

I own several acres of land with plenty of trees on them. If I didn't have a "grandfathered" stove, I couldn't just walk out and fall,buck,split stack and burn my own wood. NOOO I would have to buy pellets.

Now what are the pellets made of? wood commercially ground up and pressed together WITH A MIXTURE OF PETROLEUM PRODUCTS (paraffin). Great.

Here is the real kicker. If I want to clear my property of the "brushwood" type trees, and I didn't have a grandfathered stove to burn them in to heat my house I could "slash pile" them and burn them in the open on my property at THE SAME TIME I was burning the pellets to heat my home.

We have some environmental rocket scientists at work in these parts

Jerry
07-01-2012, 16:44
Oh yes. it is on an industrial level.

Take what the chowderheads in the Willamette Valley (population center) did in Oregon.

I Can no longer buy a new wood-burning stove or fireplace insert. They all have to use "pellet fuel" More "environmentally friendly":upeyes:

I own several acres of land with plenty of trees on them. If I didn't have a "grandfathered" stove, I couldn't just walk out and fall,buck,split stack and burn my own wood. NOOO I would have to buy pellets.

Now what are the pellets made of? wood commercially ground up and pressed together WITH A MIXTURE OF PETROLEUM PRODUCTS (paraffin). Great.

Here is the real kicker. If I want to clear my property of the "brushwood" type trees, and I didn't have a grandfathered stove to burn them in to heat my house I could "slash pile" them and burn them in the open on my property at THE SAME TIME I was burning the pellets to heat my home.

We have some environmental rocket scientists at work in these parts

Stop! You're killing me! We're surrounded by :crazy: and we're :toilet: