FL will not implement Obamacare. Gutsy, Baby! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : FL will not implement Obamacare. Gutsy, Baby!

ModGlock17
07-01-2012, 19:46
"Governor Scott: Florida Will Not Implement Insurance Exchanges or Expand Medicare.

Florida, the state the led the fight against President Obama's health care law, will not comply with the Supreme Court opinion."

That's one gutsy move by the FL Governor.

FL is a swing state. What will the Feds do? Send in the FBI? Have Kathleen S. take over? Imagine the stink that will make. I think this is a good chess move. Time will tell.

Will other states follow ? Selective secession from the Union of Obamacare.

Should Obamacare get repealed, FL saves money that would have been spent on Obamacare implementation.

Mister_Beefy
07-01-2012, 19:48
the beltway needs to be reminded that the power rests with the people, not them.

ModGlock17
07-01-2012, 20:05
The power behind this presidency (Obama, Holder, Axelrod boys) is in over their heads. Many Master level chess players will deal them moves that lay traps everywhere.

Ruble Noon
07-01-2012, 20:12
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1429944

Louisiana, Florida...

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvU3Dvuomuwuqkvr_w23Z-kfM4sCFubdbNSrZ5tXNYmEKUM4pB

hogship
07-01-2012, 20:15
Will other states follow ?

Man, I hope so.......we NEED representation! .....and, that takes guts......and, that is somthing that has been absent as of late, except from a very few! :steamed:

ooc

Guss
07-01-2012, 20:17
Gov. Scott's popularity is so low that even minor opponents poll well against him. Politically, he's a dead man walking. He'll be remembered with the same level of sentiment as "W".

hogship
07-01-2012, 21:12
Gov. Scott's popularity is so low that even minor opponents poll well against him. Politically, he's a dead man walking. He'll be remembered with the same level of sentiment as "W".

I wouldn't care what his popularity level is........I'll applaud anyone who will now do the right thing, stand up on principle........and, the COTUS. :supergrin:

ooc

Jerry
07-01-2012, 21:23
I'm surprised Arizona's governor hasn't thrown her gauntlet down yet. Or did I just miss it?

Guss
07-01-2012, 21:39
Not having the exchange just means that instead of having a choice, citizens will default to the government plan. But we'll have dumped Scott before the plan is fully implemented.

ModGlock17
07-01-2012, 21:46

I would like to see people who are called to LEAD, do LEAD at any personal expense including popularity.

As for popularity, it comes and goes. You know that. If you count on it, you'd be out of pocket sooner or later. But leadership skills never go away.

As for "dead man walking", they are the most dangerous to the opposition, don't they ?

Dead man walking has nothing to lose. An incumbent president has everything to lose.

I support this dead man walking from the Great state of FL.

certifiedfunds
07-01-2012, 22:00
Get in line

cowboy1964
07-01-2012, 22:58
The feds can just withhold highway money, Medicaid money, whatever.

This is going to be interesting.

Guss
07-02-2012, 00:03
Can governors just do that on their own? What if their legislators choose a different path?

jeanderson
07-02-2012, 05:16

If the federal government gets out of control and tramples on too many peoples' lives, it's time for states to rise up and secede. This is a good sign. I'm sure Texas will follow.

States, and their citizens, need to stop thinking of the federal government as the source of revenue and more as the source of their problems.

certifiedfunds
07-02-2012, 06:29

Actually, didn't Roberts' convoluted opinion say just the opposite?

certifiedfunds
07-02-2012, 06:31
Can governors just do that on their own? What if their legislators choose a different path?

Depends upon each state's constitution but in most if not every state, the governor is the executive charged with enforcing the law -- or not, and he can veto any legislative action.

I for one hope this groundswell grows and it forces another court challenge......maybe even a Constitutional crisis.

HexHead
07-02-2012, 06:37

The SCOTUS decision states they cannot withhold Medicaid money for non-compliance. That was the part ruled unconstitutional by Roberts, Breyer and Kagan.

G29Reload
07-02-2012, 08:29
Will other states follow ? Selective secession from the Union of Obamacare.

Ft. Sumpter comes to mind.

I see now why the Civil War was fought.

VC-Racing
07-02-2012, 08:44
South Carolina has already told Them to pound sand also.....

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

kirgi08
07-02-2012, 09:27
States using their rights and telling the fed ta pound sand will do little.Actions will dictate the course.'08.

sbhaven
07-02-2012, 09:38
The SCOTUS decision states they cannot withhold Medicaid money for non-compliance. That was the part ruled unconstitutional by Roberts, Breyer and Kagan.
And do you honestly think that would stop this President from finding some way to punish a state for ignoring what progressives call the crowning achievement of his first term?

He's already publicly rebuked them on national TV on more than one occasion for their legal opinions. If he chooses to ignore the court, what then?
:dunno:

GAFinch
07-02-2012, 09:50

That problem certainly happened in SC, where now former Governor Sanford tried to turn down stimulus money, since he thought it was stupid to expand departments based on temporary money.

GAFinch
07-02-2012, 09:55
Ft. Sumpter comes to mind.

I see now why the Civil War was fought.

Yep, but this time the anti-secessionists wouldn't have a moral backing on their side.

ModGlock17
07-03-2012, 06:11
Yep, but this time the anti-secessionists wouldn't have a moral backing on their side.

But but...

I thought he said he is a Uniter not a Divider... :rofl:

I think it's best for everyone if he focuses on golf and lecture tours starting Jan 2013. He's reluctant because neither golf can have nor lecture tours can afford tele-prompters.

rdpG19
07-03-2012, 06:31
Gov Scott is fighting the federal government on a few issues, takes guts. Since Obama has been in office he (Obama) has put so many people in Fla out of work it's really getting bad down here. Started with shutting down the space program. I think that Stott's doing as good as he can with what he has to work with. He's fighting for Fla, that's more then we could say for the last Governor we had.

certifiedfunds
07-03-2012, 07:19
Gov Scott is fighting the federal government on a few issues, takes guts. Since Obama has been in office he (Obama) has put so many people in Fla out of work it's really getting bad down here. Started with shutting down the space program. I think that Stott's doing as good as he can with what he has to work with. He's fighting for Fla, that's more then we could say for the last Governor we had.

Simple fix. Tell Scott to open up offshore oil exploration. Fix the economy and piss off Obama all in one.

kirgi08
07-03-2012, 08:10
DOJ will roadblock any attempt.'08.

Mr Spock
07-03-2012, 11:33

How will they enforce a roadblock, though? Any active attempts to coerce the the state in an election year would be foolish and dangerous.

ModGlock17
07-03-2012, 12:17

Like others have said, Louisiana and Wisconsin are with Florida. I would guess more are on the way.

The bottomline is that it costs the States beaucoup dollars to implement something that is likely to get repealed, people willing. So to wait until after the first week of November is only fiscally prudent.

DOJ will send in the army, like in a Fast and Furious way ? The Sargent at arms in the Capitol can arrest Holder as soon as he steps in The People's house.

Don't you get the impression they got their heads bury under the sand ?

kirgi08
07-04-2012, 02:12
How will they enforce a roadblock, though? Any active attempts to coerce the the state in an election year would be foolish and dangerous.

Holder ain't got nothing ta lose.'08.

HarlDane
07-04-2012, 03:14
Actually, didn't Roberts' convoluted opinion say just the opposite?Yep, one of the bright spots in the ruling was limiting the Fed's ability to blackmail states to go along by threatening to pull funding.

ModGlock17
07-04-2012, 11:44
Holder ain't got nothing ta lose.'08.

I think he does.

As a free man, he can charge $100k-$200k per speech at Graduation at the following universities: Grambling, Florida A&M, etc. or at minority police associations.

Obama, on the other hand, can do Harward speeches.

Post 2012 term expiration is when they can rake in the dough.

kirgi08
07-04-2012, 12:23
Or he can go for broke knowing he'll get a pardon as the white house changes residents.'08.

G29Reload
07-04-2012, 12:36

Uh..no, they can't.

ONe minor part of the ruling that went for us.

They're expecting now that may cause all kind of problems for fedgov because they can't do that inline with the recent ruling on Medicare.

oldman11
07-04-2012, 13:12
I read somewhere in the news that Louisiana wasn't going to comply either. Can't remember where I read that though.

certifiedfunds
07-04-2012, 13:29
Like others have said, Louisiana and Wisconsin are with Florida. I would guess more are on the way.

The bottomline is that it costs the States beaucoup dollars to implement something that is likely to get repealed, people willing. So to wait until after the first week of November is only fiscally prudent.

DOJ will send in the army, like in a Fast and Furious way ? The Sargent at arms in the Capitol can arrest Holder as soon as he steps in The People's house.

Don't you get the impression they got their heads bury under the sand ?

He can but he won't. He'd have to get past Holders guards anyway.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine